Terrible

More Than A Maknae (BTS Fanfiction)

(Jungkook's POV)

You know the whole "you can run, but can't hide" bull people tell you when you try to keep secrets? You can lie for a while but will have to tell eventually? Um, yeah. That's what I was feeling like right now. People keeping me from letting me know the things I deserve to know, especially when it came to Rap Monster.

That guy. He makes me so worried, and I don't usually worry about anything even myself. But for Rap Monster? Gosh... My mind spun around for good ol' leader. No matter how much I want to hate him, I couldn't.

Earlier from when Rap Monster and I argued and Suga told us that he wasn't coming to, was repeatedly playing in my head, I couldn't seem to get it out. Who knows what would happen if Rap Monster could possibly come down with some sort of illness that cannot be helped? I would never forgive myself if that argument we had would be the last thing we talked about together.

Before my heart began to crack, a doctor came out of Rap Monster's room and so did Manager Kim, who didn't seem as if he wanted to go back in. I guess he wanted us as BTS to talk privately, I guess...? Anyway, I stood up quicker than the others who got up from the benches and I felt Jimin intertwining his fingers with mine, in which I turned to question his actions.

Jimin: You seem tense. Don't worry. This old brotha' will help you and be by your side...

I almost fell for what Jimin was playing; Let's be real here, he just wanted to hold my hand. I couldn't be mean to Jimin, though, who could? I did hesitate at first, but then I realized that I really need as much comfort as possible so I grabbed the other's hand back, in which I got a gummy smile from hyung in return.

I was the first along with Jimin to enter the room, and there he sat. Rap Monster, with that stupid poker face that he always keeps... He was always the type to hide his emotions, that's how stubborn he was. He was a prick. A stubborn prick, that I love so much.

Rap Monster: Hey.

That was it. His voice. I couldn't believe I heard it again, that meant he was okay. I wanted to run over to him and fill his face with thousands and thousands of my little kisses, but I knew better. I didn't want him to push me away, not now not ever. But my dreams will live on, with my instincts caged up tightly and under control. Or at least that's what I thought, but Rap Monster just had to bite his lip ever so ily like that... Damn it, look away, Jungkook! Look away!

Rap Monster: I know you all are worried for me, but believe me... I'm okay.

Suga: Bull! You scared the ever-living crap out of me, leader! You can't possibly think that I'm gonna believe you're fine, then find you unconscious on the floor somewhere!

J-Hope: We're getting sick here, Nam. Something is wrong with you. But you won't tell us.

V: Manager Kim's been hiding something as well.

Rap Monster: I promise, this is the best for all of us. You just have to wait for the right time and all-

Jungkook: Enough, Namjoon!

I ripped my hand out of Jimin's grip, and stared intensely at the person I love on the hospital bed, slightly parting his lips and widening his eyes at how I interrupted his sentence and that it wasn't likely for me to shout like I did just now. I felt everyone stare at me and demand me to apologize to leader for behaving in that sort of manner, but I was fed up.

Jungkook: You expect me to think you're fine...? As I am looking at you on the hospital bed, not expressing anything to me other than grey words that I'm not sure if it's even true anymore?

Rap Monster: It's best not to say anything now, especially to you. You won't be able to take it, since you are-

Jungkook: The youngest, I get it!

I turned to look at everyone, who couldn't believe be how I was acting.

Jungkook: When will that time come, when I am finally treated just like one of you? Huh? What's wrong with me, I didn't ask to be the youngest!

Jin: Bro-

Jungkook: I didn't ask to fall in love, either!

Oops.

Suga: What?

I saw Rap Monster widen his eyes in shock as I looked at him then threw off the eye contact as my eyes trailed to trace the tile patterns on the hospital floor.

Jimin: F-fall in love?

Jungkook: I-I meant-

Jimin: Really? You really fell in love?

Gosh, oh no. How am I supposed to tell him this sweetly without crushing his heart... .

Jin: Aren't you all grown up now.

Jungkook: It's not like that. I am a man, too. I can sing just like all of you. I can dance like all of you. I can laugh, cry, and bleed just like all of you.

Rap Monster: Stop this, Jungkook. Your piercing high-pitched voice is hurting my head.

I am so filled with fury right now. Right when I just told him I wanted the "baby maknae" to stop.

Jungkook: You want me to stop this? Fine. When you faint next time, make sure you don't wake up.

I ran out of the room, in tears. That was seriously not the way I wanted things, and I most certainly cannot turn back and apologize, since what's done is done. I can't take those words back, and I can't take back that expression in Rap Monster's face; That only expression he shown today, from the words I shouted at him.

Jin; Nam, he didn't mean that.

Rap Monster: Get out. All of you.

Suga: But-

Rap Monster: NURSE!

Jimin: ! Fine! We're going!

I saw everyone behind the wall coming out of Rap Monster's room and clenching their jaws tight, probably saying millions of curse words and bad things about me. But I didn't mean to argue again, I guess Rap Monster and I are never meant to be, period.

I turned away but felt a chest blocking my way to run, and I looked up and blushed red.

Manager Kim: You can run, Jungkook. But you can't hide. What's with all these damn arguments that you're giving Namjoon?

Jungkook: I should be the one asking questions! You two are keeping something from me, from BTS, from the fans and from everyone that has always loved you!

Manager Kim: You can't know yet...

Jungkook: I swear, I wish I could punch the out of you!

I can't believe I said that. I pushed back manager and began running; Not exactly where, but I ran until my legs gave out.