Suspicions

More Than A Maknae (BTS Fanfiction)

(Rap Monster's POV)

My lips quickly made contact with his, and the maknae surrendered like he'd suddenly lost a fight. His wide eyes closed and he tried to accept what was happening. Both our bodies were shaky from some sort rush, I couldn't explain it, but our hearts raced, and our blood rushed. This feeling didn't last long however, I broke away right before the members had a chance to see us.

I quickly faced away from the maknae and I wiped my lips as he stood against the wall, with wide eyes and a cherry red face. Jungkook didn't make move or a sound after our kiss, he was somewhat paralyzed and dumbfounded.

Shortly after that, the members walked into my room without any knowledge of what just happened between Jungkook and I, except for Jimin. Jimin had this strange look on his face as if he knew something was up. We both shot each other a glare, then he looked at Jungkook. Perhaps, Jimin already had suspicions.

I sighed and gave Manager Kim and the other members and my attention. I felt horrible for ignoring Jungkook as soon as the others walked in. He quietly gave everyone a quick glance, then he stared at the floor.

Jimin: Kookie, what's wrong?

Jungkook: ...

Jungkook sighed and looked at Jimin for a few moments, then he scurried over to my side, wrapping his arms around my waist. Jimin squinted his eyes at me, and crossed his arms. This gave Jimin all the more reason to be suspicious of us.

V: Jimin, is something bothering you?

Jimin: ........

V seemed to take notice of Jimin's behavior, but he didn't make too much of it. Jimin glared at V, almost as if he was telling him to shut up.

Jin: Namjoon, we can talk about this another time if you want...

Rap Monster: I don't know Seokjin, you guys have lots of questions, and they deserve answers...

Jin: Namjoon, it's okay...

I sighed and looked I at Jungkook. I ruffled his hair and he clung to me tighter. Tears filled his eyes and I looked away.

Rap Monster: J-Jungkook, please don't cry...

Jungkook: ........

Rap Monster: The reason I kept my cancer a secret is because I didn't want you all to stress about me everyday, and I actually shouldn't be here right now, but, Manager Kim helped me pass the auditions, so yes, he knew all this time.

Suga: What?! That must be some sort of lie!

Rap Monster: It's not. For me, music is a passion, and I'd rather do what I love to do, knowing I'll die happy, than to sit back watching the world change, while I waste time in treatments...

Jin: Wow...

Suga: I wonder how your parents agreed to let you audition here...

Rap Monster: I lied to them. Manager Kim and I told them that Big Hit would promise to make sure I have the treatments and what not daily... Also, to keep my leukemia a secret from the media.

J-Hope: You lied to your parents! Unbelievable!

Suga: That just shows that Namjoon was serious...

J-Hope: Still, there was no reason you needed to lie or keep something so important from us...

Rap Monster: Hoseok, you'd understand if you were me...

J-Hope: I'm sorry Namjoon.

Suga: All this time we've been living our lives as idols should, and Namjoon hasn't... That's not right guys.

Rap Monster: Guys, don't feel guilty about me, it's my fault for keeping something so important from you all.

V: All this for your love for music?

Rap Monster: If you were given the opportunity to do something you love, would you take it over your life, or would you let it go to waste, knowing that you'll never accomplish something great in life?

V: .......

Suga: I can't argue with Namjoon's intentions...

J-Hope: ..............

Jin: What now?

Rap Monster: What do you mean what now? Am I suddenly going to quit Bangtan?

Jin: ......

Rap Monster: I'd like to be left alone right now...

The members exited my room except Manager Kim, Jimin, and Jungkook. Jungkook parted from me and he wiped his tears away.

Jungkook: Yah, Jimin, what do you want?

Jimin: Jungkook, we need to talk...

Jungkook: Talk?! Jimin, look, now's not the time!

Jimin: Jungkook! Come on!

Jungkook: ..........

Rap Monster: Yah, Jimin, what the hell is your problem?!

Jimin: You...

Jimin grabbed Jungkook by his arm and dragged him out of my room in anger. Manager Kim sighed and watched them, then he turned to me.

Manager Kim: Namjoon...

Rap Monster: Look, the members know now, and you can't say anything now.

Manager Kim: .....

Rap Monster: It's about time they found out, now please, I want to be alone...

Manager Kim: Fine...

Manager Kim exited my room, and shut the door behind him. I sighed as I got back in bed. I stared at the ceiling as tears started to fall.

(Jimin's POV)

I rushed into my room, with Jungkook staggering behind me. I let go of Jungkook's arm and he fell to the floor. He groaned as he attempted to get up, but I forced him down. He's not going anywhere, till I find out what's really going between the leader and maknae.

Jungkook: Uhhhg! J-Jimin! What the hell?!

Jimin: Tell me right now, Are you with Namjoon?!

Jungkook: W-What?! No!

Jimin: Jungkook, don't lie to me, we've been group mates long enough for me to know when you lie.

Jungkook: .......

Jimin: When I walked in the room, I could tell something had happened between you and Namjoon. Why?! You know I like you!

Jungkook: Grrr! Well, I'm in love with Namjoon, so leave us alone!

Jungkook got up in a hurry, and he stormed out of my room, slamming the door shut.

Jimin: Gaah... Fine, if I can't have Jungkook, no one will!

(Rap Monster's POV)

Does Jungkook hate me for that kiss? Was the timing wrong? Did I do something wrong?! Please tell me dammit! I sighed heavily as I threw my blanket over my head. What about the others? Did they really need to know about my leukemia? Was it really time for them to know? Why do I feel such regret about my life? All the more reason for me to die...

I heard the door creak open slowly. I sighed as I pulled the blankets from my head and I looked to see who it was.

Rap Monster: J-Jungkook...

Jungkook: N-Namjoon, I'm so sorry...

Rap Monster: I'm sorry Jungkook, I shouldn't have kissed you...

Jungkook: What?! Why are you sorry for kissing me? I liked it...

Jungkook shut the door and walked over to my bed. He sat on the edge and stared at the floor.

Rap Monster: But...

Jungkook: It's okay Namjoon...

Rap Monster: ...............

Jungkook: I want to be with you, until it's your time...

Rap Monster: J-Jungkook...

Jungkook: I love you Namjoon.

Rap Monster: I love you too Jungkook...

Jungkook kissed me on the cheek and gently my hair. I sighed as I once again stared at the ceiling.

Jungkook: Talk to me...

Rap Monster: I had a difficult life, things changed when I was in my third year of elementary school. I had a seizure, which scared the class.

Students: Waaaah! What is he doing?!

Teacher: Oh my god, Namjoon!

Students: I want to go home!

The other children didn't understand what was going on, it was painful to know that they cried in fear, due to something I couldn't control in class. Shortly after that incident occurred, a few more followed, and that's when my parents decided to have check ups done.

They brought me to the doctors, in hopes they could find out what was wrong with me... They found out that I had leukemia, and several different forms of treatments were recommended.

Rap Monster: Umma, appa, what's wrong?

Appa: Everything is fine Namjoon.

Umma: Namjoonie, we're going to get you a haircut, okay?

Rap Monster: A haircut?! Awesome! Yay!

That wasn't any haircut, it was for my treatment. I cried that day because I loved my hair and I didn't understand. By the time I reached the fourth grade, I was getting better, but the students bullied me, for my lack of hair.

Bully: Hey, look, It's that weirdo Namjoon!

Rap Monster: Oh no! Not again! Please leave me alone! I don't have any money for you!

Bully: You're so ugly! Come here!

Rap Monster: Ahh! Let go of my bag!

Bully: Let's see what you got in here... Nothing! Of course, ugly people have nothing!

Rap Monster: Uhhg! S-Stop kicking me!

Bully: Better have some lunch money tomorrow, or else.

By the time I reached middle school, I got better and doctors thought I won my battle with cancer, so my treatments stopped, but the horrible symptoms came back...

Teacher: Okay class, hurry along in a single file line! We are having a fire drill! No talking!

Rap Monster: Uhhhg...

Students: Waaah!! Is he okay?!

Teacher: N-Namjoon?! Namjoon! Wake up! Wake up!

I fainted in class, and the teacher brought me to the hospital. She waited there till my parents could make it. They only found out, that I fell into a coma. It lasted a week, so shortly after that, I was put on treatment.

And so I was forced to continue treatments up until high school, when I discovered the Big Hit auditions online. I was excited, because I loved music and I couldn't wait to showcase my rapping and dancing skills. Of course my parents weren't too thrilled, but they let me do it, because it made me happy. I surprisingly made it, and I met with Manager Kim.

Rap Monster: I can't believe I'm here!

Manager Kim: It's great to see such talent here with me, now, we have a few things to discuss. I've looked into your medical history and we can't have idols that are constantly sick. That would make the company look bad and your group look bad.

Rap Monster: Wait, what?! How'd you get those files?!

Manager Kim: Your parents are scared for you becoming an idol, so they gave me this, to sort of stop you.

Rap Monster: Grrr! They can't do this!

Manager Kim: They did agree to something though...

Rap Monster: And what's that?

Manager Kim: They want you to continue your treatments while you train with Big Hit, but we don't have time for such things, and your treatments are the only way they'll let you stay with Big Hit.

Rap Monster: We can lie to them!

Manager Kim: Hmm...

So Manager Kim and I came up with a plan, and I lied to my parents. Till this day, my parents still think I'm getting treatments.

Jungkook: N-Namjoon, I'm so sorry...

Rap Monster: It's okay, but now you know...

Jungkook embraced me tightly then rested his head on my chest. I smiled at Jungkook and I rubbed his back. My smile eventually faded as I fell asleep.

Jungkook: Goodnight Namjoon.

Rap Monster: Mhm....