Hemophobia

More Than A Maknae (BTS Fanfiction)

(Rap Monster's POV)

That talk with Manager Kim was sure exhausting, but why is it that every time I talk to him, it has to be about my personal problems? Okay, yeah, sure, there is something seriously wrong with my health, but you don't need to be on me 24/7. I'm a grown man now, I'm also the leader of a group. I don't need a damn babysitter.

I ventured to the kitchen in search of something to fill my stomach and quench my thirst. I'd usually skip meals, but I needed to nourish my body for once.

I scavenged through the kitchen for an apple and I obtained a bottle of water from the fridge. I exited the kitchen and I made my way to the dining room.

Before I had time to sit down, J-Hope stopped me.

J-Hope: Namjoon, I see that you're still up. I figured that you would have gone to bed as soon as we got back...

Rap Monster: I'm hungry and I can't sleep.

J-Hope: Oh, it's still early you know? How about you play a few board games with us?

I bit into my apple as I glared at J-Hope.

Rap Monster: Does it look like I'm in the mood for games, Hoseok?

J-Hope looked at the floor and avoided my glare. He sighed and pouted.

J-Hope: No...

Rap Monster: Yah, I'm sorry, but I just don't feel good. I'm tired, and I feel faint.

J-Hope: O-Okay.

Rap Monster: Maybe on a day where we aren't busy.

J-Hope: N-Namjoon! Look!

J-Hope eyed widened as he gasped at me. He slowly backed away from as I tried to follow him.

Rap Monster: Yah! What are you doing? What!?

I felt the wetness stream from my nose. I should have remembered what J-Hope does when he sees blood. He has hemophobia, the fear of blood.

Rap Monster: Aish! Look Hoseok, don't freak out, it's just a nosebleed!

A dropped my apple and water bottle then I sighed.

J-Hope: Guys! B-Blood! Help! Blood!

Rap Monster: Dammit Hoseok! What the !?

I tilted my head back as I rushed to the bathroom. The others couldn't see this even though they have several times. The members were alerted by J-Hope and informed of my nosebleed.

I slammed the bathroom door shut and locked it. I stood in front of the mirror, over the sink, and I watched as the blood drip. God dammit Rap Monster, how come you have to be ing sick?

I heard the footsteps of the others get closer, then I heard them knock on the door lightly.

Jin: Namjoon, are you alright?

Jungkook: N-Namjoon hyung...

Rap Monster: I just have a nosebleed dammit! This has happened before, so don't ing freak out about it!

Jin: But you bleed a lot Namjoon, it's a little concerning.

Rap Monster: I'm the leader, I can take care of myself, so don't be concerned! You're all wasting your time!

I don't need their help. How can they help me if they don't know what they're dealing with? I could care less if they walk away, just don't stand around and expect me to let you help me.

Jungkook: Hyung! We aren't wasting our time if we care about you!

Rap Monster: Aish! What do you know Jungkook? You're just a maknae!

Jungkook: Grr! N-No I'm not! You list-

Suga: Yah! It's not wise to snap back at Namjoon like that, especially given the fact that he can be very cold.

Jungkook: I'll snap back if I want to!

Aigoo, Jungkook is a fool. He's a fool because he's young and hasn't experienced as much as his hyungs have. Who does he think he is trying to act out of character? He's the maknae and should act like one. Being cute and letting others push you around, that's all they're good for.

Just listen...

Plip.

Plop.

Plip.

Plop.

It just won't stop. I'm getting tired of listening to my blood hit the sink... I'm surprised that I haven't had many accidents when we go places, but there will be a day where I'll faint on stage or fall down some stairs. That will be the day everyone finds out, but I'm doing this for me, and I guess the other members too... For the music yo.

You know, the maknae doesn't stop either.

Jungkook: Dammit Namjoon! Let me in!

Suga: Yah, he won't let any of us dammit!

Rap Monster: Grr, away with all of you! I'm fine and I don't need your help! I just need some time alone!

Jin: Aish! Alright, fine Namjoon. Let's get to bed everyone.

Jungkook: Yah! We can't just give up on him!

Jin: Look Jungkook, how about you just not worry about him, you can do that much, right?

Jungkook: No! I can do more! Open up Namjoon!

Jungkook tried his best to unlock the door, but after a few minutes he gave up. I sighed heavily as I washed the blood away. The mixture of water and blood flooded into the small drain in the sink.

Jungkook: Dammit Namjoon, why do you have to be this way!?

Without checking to see if my nosebleed stopped, I unlocked the door and swung it open. Jungkook gasped and jumped back. I rushed over to him with my fist clenched.

Rap Monster: Aish! Listen here you annoying bastard!

Jungkook: Ahhg! Namjoon, your nosebleed!

I gripped his shirt, and I forcefully pulled him off the ground. I slammed him against the wall and let him go. A few drops of blood stained the floor before my nosebleed finally stopped.

Rap Monster: You know what, I don't have the time Jungkook. I don't have the time for you. You don't understand what I'm going through and you never will, so off.

Jungkook: Grr! What's with you being so cold!? What's wrong with you!?

Rap Monster: What's with you acting like a baby all the time!? Shut up!

I just don't have the energy to deal with you Jungkook. Most days I don't feel good, and if you knew why, I'm sure you'd tell the others and everyone be depressed.

I was starting to feel really weak, so I rushed to the living room and I plopped down on the couch. I was breathing roughly as Jungkook approached me in anger.

Jungkook: What's wrong with you now!? Too weak to fight me? I'm fed up with you guys treating me like a baby! I can be more than a maknae! I'll show all of you!

Rap Monster: Jungkook, not now...

I turned my head away from him and I shut my eyes. He doesn't know what's going on. If I hadn't stopped my treatments, I wouldn't have these problems.

Jungkook: Yes now! Look at me dammit! I hate being pushed around, especially by you! You're always act-

Rap Monster: Jungkook...

I was feeling terrible, and he just kept on and on. His words made my head hurt, and I was short of breath. I eventually passed out on the couch...