Chapter 8 - As a Family

My Secret Child
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jieun blinked her eyes before sitting down. The room was unfamiliar, she scratched her head as she remembered haneul

“Haneul?” she faintly said as her eyes were looking for him. She stood up and saw the clock on the bed side table, it’s only 4pm. She stared at the opened window and saw the strong waves from the sea that’s when she realized where she was. She hurriedly went down and to her surprise she saw jonging playing with hanel. Haneul was hugging his chicken-leg toy as he was laughing at Jongin’s weir faces.

Jongin noticed her presence as he looked back at her and smiled. “Oh you’re awake already, are you hungry?” He asked

“I’m fine, no worries” she replied. Haneul saw her when she spoke making him half walking half running to her direction

“Eomma!” he cheerfully said as she hugged her legs. Jieun picked her up and carried her as she walks towards where jongin and haneul was playing.

 

Jieun POV

I sat opposite to jongin, putting haneul on my lap as he grabbed the closest piece of the toy he was playing with earlier, Jongin was looking at me, I was conscious.

“A train set?” I meekly muttered. I saw jongin nod and smiled

“Want to play outside?” Jongin said pointing to where the sea was as he looked at Haneul then at me. My heart skipped a bit. I know shouldn’t feel this way, but why am I feeling this way. Please stop, I scolded myself. I was too busy scolding myself that I didn’t realized that I’m already being dragged by haneul who was also being dragged by jongin.

We we’re barefoot when our feet made contact with the sand. I noticed that not many people were outside and it seems like only few houses has access to this beautiful seaside. I saw jongin and haneul laughing their hearts out, seems like they’ve enjoy the run. Haneul lets go of my hand as he followed Jongin. I was jealous because it seems like He likes jongin more than me now.

Jongin sat down few meters from the water with a shovel and pail on his hands. Didn’t even notice where he took that from, I shook my head at his childishness then I saw haneul walking cutely towards Jongin and when he was beside him, he instantly sat down next to jongin. He was amused at how cute haneul can get.

Please log in to read the full chapter