Chapter 4 - He knows

My Secret Child
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jongin's gaze was fixed towards the kid who called Jieun "Eomma", It somehow broke his heart as he lowered his head thinking about that time when he saw jieun with someone. He greeted the old lady and smiled at the kid as he takes his exit. With a heavy heart Jongin left as he glanced for the last time towards jieun and the kid.

---

Jieun POV

It has been three days since I collapsed. Since then I haven't seen Jongin. The ahjumma next door told me that It was jongin who brought me to the hospital. When I woke up only her, haneul and eunbyul was beside me. With a worried face eunbyul hugged me.

I continued working at Numamoto's since I really need that job. Jaehyun didn't know about the collapsing incident because I asked eunbyul to not tell him.

Every day is normal, But sometimes I can't help but wonder  about jongin's reaction when he saw haneul. Ahjumma told me that he hurriedly left when they came.

I fixed my hair as I was preparing to leave when I saw Eunbyul and Minseok enter the restaurant. My shift has ended already so I went to where they were seated to bid goodbye

"Sit!" eunbyul demanded

"I can't eubyul~a. Haneul" I murmured

"Haneul's on his way here" she answered "I need to tell you something but first please sit" she continued as I obliged

Minseok oppa called for the menu and asked us to order. I don't know what really is happening but I'm somewhat scared and helpless.

"Eunbyul~a, what's happening??" I asked half begging

"They're almost here" Minseok oppa suddenly blurted as I glanced at the restaurant's entrance. Few minutes more and I had the greatest shock of my life. I was frozen.

Jongin entered the restaurant with Haneul sleeping on his arms. I'm frozen, can't think of anything to say. I feel like all the life un me had disappeared. My heart beats even faster as they come closer. Eye to eye, Jongin stood in front of me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He suddenly blurted. I'm so confused. Didn't know what's happening. Did he know already? But who told him? I looked at eunbyul, she smiled bitterly at me.

"Sorry, I slipped" she simply said as she lowered her head.

---

*Flashback*

Aft

Please log in to read the full chapter