Chapter 20 - Reality

My Secret Child
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello Everyone. I'm not sure if anyone's still waiting for this fic to finish but I have to say I love you all for reading this and for being patient with me. Thank you also for the kind words about this fic. I really hope you enjoy this last chapter. As most of you know Minseok has already enlisted in real life and that somehow made me sad but I know he'll come back so I'll just save the drama ang pour my heart on one shots about him hehe. okay sorry for the random topic and again I really hope you all enjoy this fic! Baozi Love <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jieun POV

The night I left Jongin’s car, I called Eunbyul to pick me up. I was scolded big time but the hurt in my heart made me deaf. I couldn’t hear her. I couldn’t process anything. Luckily Haneul was asleep the moment we arrived home.

Couple of days had passed since that night. I heard that EXO’s currently outside Korea promoting again. I was walking home from grocery shopping with Haneul when I saw Jongin pop out of a big LED screen. I stared and feel proud of him but most of all I feel hurt. I’m aware that I did this all to myself and I know I’m miserable because of me. I felt Haneul tugging my shirt as he points at the screen and mumbled “Appa…” My heart breaks into a million pieces more.

My heart and mind are still unstable. I miss jongin a lot. Every night I dream of his kisses and embrace and most of the time it made me hate myself even more. Why am I so stupid? Why do I push people away from me? Why am I like this? I took a deep sigh as I continue walking home.

The fresh scent of flowers welcomed me when I came home. Every day, Jongin never fails to send me flowers. I wanted to throw them out really but a part of me don’t want to. Maybe I’m taking Jongin for granted. Maybe I’m selfish, maybe I’m not really good for him. All these things clouding up my mind. I felt something rolling down my face and I realized I am crying. I don’t know why I’m crying but I just do.

Haneul looked at me as he asked “Eomma, don’t cry. Haneul and Appa loves you”, and that was the last straw as I bawl my eyes out for the night.

---

I woke up feeling so heavy. My eyes are still red from crying. I cry almost every night thinking about everything that’s happening in my life. I look at the clock sitting on my bedside table and realized its only 4:35am. I shifted my position in bed as I noticed Haneul moved towards me still sleeping soundly. I kissed his forehead as I stood up and went to get some water.

I was chilling on my couch when I heard my phone buzz. I received a text from Eunbyul asking if our trip to the amusement park would push through and I replied instantly with a yes of course.

Today we’ll have a mini outing, Eunbyul, Minseok oppa, --who hurriedly come home after finishing their schedule overseas-- Hanbyul and Me. Daeun’s supposed to come with us but she was held back by schedule so she told us to just enjoy ourselves today for her.

I packed some things me and Haneul might need as I look at the clock again. It’s almost 6am and they’ll be coming to get us around 7am. After packing, I cooked a simple light breakfast for me and haneul then packed some lunches for us and the rest too. I briefly took a shower then I kissed haneul to wake him up. I saw his eyes slowly opened as he smiled and hugs me. I love haneul so much and I wouldn’t trade anything for him.

I heard my doorbell rang as I check who was outside the door. It’s someone I know well, someone who has been somewhat the reason me and Jongin happened. The person I overheard Jongin talking with. The person who shuttered my heart into pieces just by being with him. It’s Krystal. I stood frozen not knowing what to do. She pushed the doorbell again and this time I finally moved. I opened the door slowly and as we finally get to see each other, she flashes me a weak smile.

“I know it’s weird that I’m here but I just need to talk to you” she started as she bites her inner lower lip looking confused and doubtful of her actions.

“Come on in”, I open the door widely as I let her in. Haneul was peeking at us from the bedroom.

“Is he..?”

I nod as we sat on the couch

“He’s beautiful” She smiles, genuine this time.

“Do you want anything?” I ask her then she shakes her head

“No it’s fine. I won’t be long.”

“How did you find me?” I asked

“Minseok Oppa told me, I heard him talking about the trip and fetching you. I actually came with the, but I asked them if I can talk to you first” she explains

I looked at her as I nod understanding everything she’s saying. She sighs as she continues.

“Look, I came here at peace. I just want Jongin to be happy”

My heart hammered inside my chest wondering if she’s here to tell me to back off and let Jongin be happy without me. Maybe about to tell me how much of a I am in Jongin’s life. I prepared myself for the worst as I controlled my breathing appearing calm outside.

“Right. Of course” I replied not making sense as she furrowed her eyebrows as she looked confused as I am. I sigh

“I get it, you want me to disappear from his life for goo—“

“No!” she cut me off. “I would never want that!”

“Look, I love Jongin believe me” she stated confidently I

Please log in to read the full chapter