Chapter 5

High school fever

At first Minhyuk didn't move his lips at all. He was absolutely silent as Jaehyo determinedly pressed his lips against his. That's when Jaehyo felt the grip on his shoulders tighten as he felt the other boy reacting to him. Minhyuk desperately moved his lips against Jaehyo's as his tongue circled his lower lip. Jaehyo felt warm hands slip under his t-shirt as he moaned in Minhyuk's mouth. It was beyond everything he had ever felt, never had a kiss with a girl felt like this. Sure there were the subtle differences. the way the other boys lips weren't as soft and the rough way he was straddling him. But it still felt like something more, but in this moment were Minhyuk was exploring his mouth and Jaehyo could taste the hard liqueur he had consumed earlier, his mind was too clouded to think what this meant for him. For both of them. 

He felt Minhyuk's gentle fingers trace along his ribs and tried his hardest to contain the sounds that were threatening to fall out of his mouth. He grabbed onto Minhyuk's shirt in an attempt to pull him closer, which was nearly impossible because they were already so close to each other. It felt like heaven and unfortunately  all too soon it was over. All out of breath Minhyuk pulled back, panting close to his face. The forest around them was dead quiet as they looked into each others eyes, the only sound coming from their mouths. It was overwhelming to see the emotion so clear in the brown eyes which were staring intensely back at him and Jaehyo had to admit he was glad when Minhyuk dropped his head to lay on Jaehyo's chest. He was sure his heart was beating embarrassingly fast and there was no way Minhyuk would not feel the pounding at the side of his head. Slowly he raised his hand to caress his black hair as he sighed content. They laid there for what felt like hours before Minhyuk whispered:

''We should head back''.

Jaehyo simply nodded. He was sure Mrs. Lee had already awoken the whole town and he wouldn't be surprised if soon police dogs were to show up. Minhyuk stood up and Jaehyo immediately missed his warmth. It was slightly awkward as they began on their way back. Nobody spoke. Maybe because they both didn't want to ruin the moment, maybe because there was nothing to say. They both had a lot to think about but with the sun beginning to set they both wanted the oblivion to consume them. Halfway he felt Minhyuk hesitantly reach out to Jaehyo and at first their fingers only barely touched each other until one of them reached out and wounded their fingers together. Jaehyo couldn't recall who was the first to connect their hands and frankly he was too tired to keep count.

When they began to near Minhyuk's house he could see the other boy slowly beginning to reduce his pace. And standing in front of the porch Minhyuk sighed and Jaehyo squeezed his hand. A light smile played on Minhyuks lips, that was until the front door was broken down by Mrs. Lee. At first she stood silent as she looked the two boys up and down. Her gaze lingered on their still intertwined hands for a few seconds before she marched forward, sobbing loudly, and engulfed Minhyuk in his arms while simultaneously pushing aside Jaehyo. Mr. Lee walked outside, he was less hysterical but still the relief was clear on his face, and Jaehyo was once again reminded by how things could have turned out. 

When Mrs. Lee had calmed down a little, Mr Lee offered to bring Jaehyo home and that was a good thing because he was wobbling on his feet. He had never been this tired in his life and the face of his school nurse came forward in his mind as he reminded himself that he should have been resting in bed by now. He stole one last glance at Minhyuk who was currently being dragged into the house by Mrs Lee and they were on their way. 

He tried to sneak in his as quiet as possible but of course his sister woke up and he had promised to tell her everything tomorrow. Falling on his bed, Minhyuk's face was the last thing he saw before he fell into a long deep sleep. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day Jaehyo was awakened at noon. Apparently Mrs. Lee had already informed the whole town what happened last night and so everybody at school knew, including Ukwon and Taeil who had decided to go to Jaehyo's as soon as school was over. Even his sister had heard the news and so they all stormed into his room as he groaned and turned. He was still tired but knew he owed his friends and sister an explanation. So he told them all about how Minhyuk had ran away from home, how Jaehyo had found him and how they had sort of talked again. He let out the part about his heavy make out session with Minhyuk. Somehow it felt too personal to just talk about and besides he didn't even have time to sort things out. There was also a part that was scared of their rejection. He had never really talked about things like this and even though he was almost a hundred percent sure they would be accepting, there was still a part of him that feared that they would look at him in a different way. And he couldn't lose the only friends he had left. 

After explaining everything he waited for their reaction. Taeil was happy, he'd known Minhyuk a little when Jaehyo and him were still friends and he always thought they should work it out with each other. His sister was upset that Jaehyo had not awoken her to come with him but was glad that he was okay. Ukwon was silent, more than usual. His face didn't show any emotion, as if he wasn't in favor for making up with Minhyuk or against him. Or maybe he just had a killer poker face. When the trio had asked every single question they could possibly ask Ukwon was also the first one to suggest to let Jaehyo go back to sleep. A plan he wholeheartedly agreed with. 

He spent the rest of the weekend in bed. He was getting annoyed that he still hadn't heard anything from Minhyuk. He made some homework but was constantly distracted by his phone. He kept looking at it hoping it would start ringing, or even show a text. But nothing. By Sunday evening he felt like he had a knot in his stomach. What if Minhyuk thought it all been a mistake? What if he was just really drunk and didn't even remember anything from that night? What if everything went back to as soon as he entered that school building? After a terrible night sleep he was awakened by a text from Ukwon saying he was going to school earlier because of some test or something. Sighing Jaehyo dressed himself. He took a little longer in front of the mirror. Combing his hair and putting it in a bun and putting on clothes he knew Minhyuk liked. 

Putting in his earphones he walked to school. Arriving at school he mostly looked in front of him, ignoring the other students who stole glances at him. That was until something caught his eye. Minhyuk and Ukwon. They were both walking towards the back of the school towards a little shed that was stationed there. It was mostly used by students who secretly smoked cigarettes there or couples who wanted to make out. Stunned Jaehyo watched them go. What business could they possibly have together? They didn't even know each other that well? Nor did they like each other very much. Curiosity too big, Jaehyo took out his earphones and noiselessly he crept after them. When he closed them he could see them standing with their back towards him. He couldn't see their faces but their body language showed enough to show that they were in a heated argument.

''...you just back of?!" He could vaguely hear Minhyuk say, trying his best to hide the anger in his voice.

''...you had your chance w-'' He could hear Ukwon hissing back. He wanted to hear more but froze when he felt an hand on his shoulder. Spinning around he saw the persons he least expected to reach out to him. 

What business could Kyung and Zico possibly have with him?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello you all!

First of all thank you so much for all the sweet messages, suggestions and love I have received for this story. They help a lot and it really means a lot that people that the time to read my story let alone take their time to reply to it. 

Second of all tomorrow I will be going to Florence with school for a week so I won't be able to update, but I will take my notebook with me so hopefully I will get some writing done in the 20 (!) hour bus drive (if I don't get car sick).

Anyway, if you have any suggestions, criticism or requests for this or another story, please let me know!

Thank you!

xoxo