Chapter 3

High school fever

''Minhyuk you're not going to believe what I have to tell you'' Jaehyo shouted as he ran towards Minhyuk, who was reading on a book on bench outside. It was a nice day. the sun shined for the first time that year and all the students had gathered outside to enjoy their lunch. 

Minhyuk looked up from his book, smiling broadly at Jaehyo. 

"What happened?"

"Suzy asked me to the dance! Suzy! You know the cute girl from our history class!"

"A-ah that is great! I'm-.. I'm really happy for you, Jaehyo.'' Minhyuk said, looking away from Jaehyo. He smiled but his eyes didn't smile with him. There was pain hiding in his eyes and if they hadn't known each other through and through you probably wouldn't be able to catch him. 

''Is something wrong?" Jaehyo asked quietly.

''N-no!.... I'm just jealous'' He laughed ''O-of your date I mean! Because now I have no one to go with, you know" He chuckled nervously while scratching the back of his head.''

''What are you talking about! You can come with me and Suzy of course, she won't mind!''  Jaehyo laughed while nudging the other boy with his elbow.

''Y-yeah okay''

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaehyo was drunk, the dance had ended at 11 pm sharp and Suzy had convinced him to go to some after party where she had forced him to take shots with him. He had never drunk before so now he was sitting on a couch at some girl's house whose parents where away for the night. The world was turning around him and his mind was foggy. On his left there was a couple making out, totally oblivious to the fact that Jaehyo was sitting a few inches away from them. Any other day the situation would have made him awkward but he really didn't care about.. well, he didn't really care about anything at the moment. Suzy had ditched him long ago and he didn't know any of the other people who were sitting in the living room. 

Standing up he decided to find his favorite person in the whole world: Minhyuk. Struggling to stand on his feet, he wobbled to the kitchen. He bumped into a boy who he did not recognize. He looked funny and Jaehyo began giggling while the other boy just pushed him outside. Almost falling, he made his way outside. It was still warm outside and the garden was almost abandoned. There was just sitting one boy on a bench next to a little pond, and even in his drunken state it didn't take long for him to see that it was Minhyuk.

He tried to approach him as quiet as he could (which wasn't easy because he could barely stand up straight) and when he was close he flew his arms around the black haired boys neck.

''Minhyuk!'' He shouted a little too hard in his ear.

Startled the other boy pushed him of him and looked away from Jaehyo. If he had been in a better state he would have noticed that Minhyuk quickly dried his eyes with his sleeve. 

''What are you doing outside?" Jaehyo laughed as if he had just told the funniest joke he had ever heard. Minhyuk didn't react so Jaehyo somehow decided that it was a good idea to hug him again.

''Minhyuuuuuuukieee'' He giggled while laying his head against Minhyuk chest.

''You should go home.'' Minhyuk whispered with a lump in his throat. 

''No! I need to find Suzy first, I want to kiss her'' Jaehyo laughed again. Minhyuk failed to react again, he didn't say anything and didn't move, it was like hugging a statue. 

''Go home, Jaehyo'' Minhyuk repeated.

''Minhyuk! You're so boring!'' He chuckled before gasping '"I have an idea! Suzy has this friend, maybe you can kiss her!'

''I don't want to'' Minhyuk replied coldly.

''But she is really pretty and nice! Come on we can go find them now! Come on, you've never kissed right? It is really easy so you don't have to worry!" He spoke as he began tugging on his arm. 

''Leave it alone, Jaehyo'' He warned while trying to unchain himself from Jaehyo

''Minhyukkie, why don't you like girls?" Jaehyo giggled. He felt Minyuk completely freeze beneath him before pushing Jaehyo off him and storming inside. 

Astonished Jaehyo looked at him barging through the backdoor. He laid on his back on the bench and looked up at the stars. He didn't understand what had just happened. Jaehyo had just tried to help him so why did Minhyuk get angry at him? He tried to find a reason but the more he thought about it, the more confused he got. His mind felt foggy and the only thing he really wanted to do was go find Suzy. He didn't feel anything for her, to be honest he didn't even really liked her. At the dance she had complained for most of the time and had spent more time focusing on Minhyuk than she had on her. But it was custom to kiss your date after a date, right? Besides he was ready to go home and he had promised her dad to walk her home. 

Sighing  he pushed himself up from the bench and walked inside. He had sobered up a bit from being outdoor and his confrontation with Minhyuk. Inside he saw her friend sitting on one of the couches talking to one of her friends and asked her where Suzy was. 

''I think she went upstairs!'' The girls giggled and Jaehyo looked at her confused. Not really interested he began walking towards the chair. Holding onto the reeling he managed to climb upstairs. There were a few rooms on the second floor. On the first door handle hung a sock and Jaehyo knew enough not to enter that door. The second door was a bathroom where some girls were readjusting their makeup and one girl was hanging above the toilet. 

When he reached the third door he suddenly felt hesitant, a bad presentiment coming over him. Pushing it aside he opened the door. The first thing he saw was Minhyuk. He was intensely kissing a girl while massaging her . Startled by the cracking door he looked directly in Jaehyo's eyes. His eyes began watering when he saw the full picture. The girl behind him was blushing severely while intertwining her hand with Minhyuk's.

Suzy. Jaehyo glared at her and she looked at him nervously before whispering:

''J-Jaehyo''

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter is sort of a filler and kinda short but the next chapter will be very long I promise :) Also I thought it was important to explain some of their history together. Anyway I hope you like it! :) 

PS: Please comment or sent me a message if you have any ideas or criticism! 

xoxo