do you ever think about the future?

EXO & RV Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you ever think about the future?” Seulgi asked in the middle of the silence and in the middle of nowhere. She was currently sprawled out on Jongin’s bed while he sat at his desk in one of the corners of his room, half past nine in the evening on one of their daily study sessions after their dance trainings at SM— well, Jongin’s sessions, while she quietly sat and forced herself to do her own work. For at least an hour every other day, she’d be obligated to letting her boyfriend focus on studying without any disturbances in exchange for Jongin’s complete attention once he was done. It was a little terrifying how engrossed Jongin gets into practically anything when he’s focused. But truthfully, it was one of the things Seulgi loved most about him; his passion and dedication to everything he sets his mind to—so, maybe being quiet for approximately an hour wasn’t that difficult of a task for her after all. Simply watching her beautiful boyfriend, to the point that she memorized his features more than her Chemistry lessons wasn’t something she’d consider unpleasant either so, quiet was what she willingly stayed as.

But the question she brought up has been wracking and bothering her brain for quite some time now, and she couldn’t help but finally verbalize it after so long. Being a few days away to officially becoming a high school senior and having her boyfriend a few weeks away to graduating had its ways of inevitably drowning her in such thoughts.

Jongin sat across from the bed behind the desk facing her, continuing to scribble down on the notebook next to a thick hardbound textbook laid out before him, rewriting a bunch of his notes from World History that morning, and barely budging when Seulgi spoke to him. “Hm?” He hummed in question, eyes fixated on the papers.

“The future,” Seulgi repeated. “Do you ever think about it?”

“What made you ask all of a sudden?” He inquired, still writing.

“Just wondering.” Seulgi replied bluntly.

He sighed, his robust attention almost wavering. “Can we discuss this later--” Jongin proposed, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand. “I swear I’m almost done, I just finished with Hitler’s suicide, few more pages and the Second World War would be over.” He briefly looked up, and warmly smiled at her.

“Fine, sorry, finish your notes first.” Seulgi gave in and rolled over to her other side, turning her back on him, deciding to just let it pass knowing Jongin wasn’t one to let his stands go. She grabbed her phone, and decided to just let time fly over her twitter account when suddenly she heard the sound of a chair being dragged and felt a hand on her arm, nudging her to turn around.

“Okay, let’s talk now.” Jongin heaved a sigh as Seulgi faced him, lying on her back now.

“No, no.” She shook her head. “It’s fine, really—I can wait, world war’s almost over right?”

“But you’re saying fine with that tone.” Jongin pointed out.

“What tone?”

“That tone you use that completely contradicts the use of the word fine,” He said, frowning down at her. “Cause you’re obviously anything but it.”

She furrowed her eyebrows, refusing to dignify the truth of his response.

“And I’m not the type of boyfriend who would let you be anything less than fine or just fine, for that matter.” He let her know, taking her hand and pulling her up. “So okay, talk. What was it again?” He clarified. “The future?”

She simply nodded, tucking her leg over the other in an Indian position as she sat up.

“Well, yeah. Of course, I think about it.” He replied, letting go of his hold on her and pulling his legs up on the bed too. “I do all the time. Who doesn’t?”

“But do you ever think about how like everything we’re doing now might not exactly lead to what our desired plans for ourselves are?” She questioned, sounding much more troubled, as the level of anxiety was made evident in the way she sounded. “You’re here busy studying for a course that you’re not even entirely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter