stupid cupid

EXO & RV Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Written for @itmeyi on Twitter because this was her idea.

 

 

~

 

 

Baekhyun was being an idiot.  

 

This was nothing new but Jongin felt that Baekhyun was more of an idiot on Friday nights than usual.  Their group, XO was set to meet up with the God of Love and Baekhyun was overly excited, which really just meant that he was creating chaos.  The boy wouldn’t shut up about finding love and having someone as a soulmate.  Jongin wasn’t opposed to the idea of love but he certainly did not obsess over it the way Baekhyun did.

 

The meeting took place on campus but unfortunately it was late at night in chemistry lab.  Baekhyun and Jongdae always thought it was funny that they held meetings about who they would strike with Cupid’s arrow where chemistry took place.  The puns were endless and even Chanyeol got annoyed by them at times.  It just showed how unnecessary all the jokes were, not that it ever stopped the two mischievous group members.

 

“Why was I even chosen for this?  I’m the most unromantic being on the planet,” Sehun grumbled to himself as he sat in a corner.  

 

“Not even when it concerns our gym teacher?” Jongin teased, sitting across the lab bench from him.  

 

Sehun glared as if he wanted a disease to spread through Jongin’s body and kill him.  Jongin didn’t want to die and he certainly didn’t want any diseases.  He was still young and beautiful.  He had a lot left to do in life.  It was the perfect time to tattle on Sehun for the sour mood he’d created.

 

“Junmyeon, Sehun’s being mean to me again,” Jongin complained.  

 

He turned towards Junmyeon, who was desperately trying to convince Baekhyun and Jongdae that they couldn’t steal hydrochloric acid from a bottle of concentrated stock solution.  Jongin backed off immediately, trying not to speculate what exactly the two boys needed hydrochloric acid for.  

 

“God, help me,” Junmyeon cried.

 

So God helped them.  The God of Love, that is.

 

Cupid appeared in all his glory, but of course since he appeared before mortals, he really just looked like Tom Hiddleston.  Jongin was hoping that one day he’d be in the presence of Aphrodite instead.  With the appearance of their leader, XO settled down.  Even Baekhyun and Jongdae put down the acid and congregated with everyone else to hear what Cupid had to say.

 

“We need a participant for the next target.  I can sense all the potential love on this campus,” Cupid said, delightfully.

 

Clearly someone had a good night with Pysche.  Not that Jongin would ever say that out loud.

 

“It’s Jongin’s turn,” Baekhyun grinned.

 

Cupid glided over to him.  Jongin did his best to not cringe away.  The Love God tended to mess with his hormones.  It was the Cupid Effect, as Jongin liked to call it.

 

“If it’s my turn, I’ll do it with no complaints,” Jongin muttered.  “Who’s my target?”

 

Cupid shut his eyes and did whatever a god was supposed to do to find their victims.  

 

“Kang Seulgi.”

 

Within the span of Jongin blinking, Cupid was gone.

 

“You’re so screwed,” Sehun snickered.

 

It only took a moment for Jongin regained his composure.  “Yeah, well you’re in love with our gym teacher.”

 

 

 

 

Jongin liked her.  

 

Kang Seulgi.

 

He’d liked her ever since he’d first seen her walk through the gates of their boarding school on orientation day.  It was very clear just by looking at her she’d end up being one of the most popular girls on campus.  Coincidentally, Jongin had gained that reputation as well.  He maintained a friendly relationship with his crush but he’d never found the chance or the courage to tel her how he felt.

 

“What are you going to do about Seulgi?” Kyungsoo asked him.  

 

Kyungsoo had been very nonverbal about the whole thing last night.  The entire group knew how much he liked her and they’d all been sympathetic towards him, except for Sehun.  Sehun just didn’t care about anyone unless it was the gym coach.  Kyungsoo was really the only member of the group Jongin could trust to keep things real.

 

“I have to help her find her True Love, don’t I?” Jongin admitted.

 

“I don’t know, do you?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

Jongin didn’t think about it.  “I do.  It’s our job.”

 

He felt his heart grow heavy knowing there was some other guy on campus that was supposed to be her True Love.  How was he supposed to go through with this without having his own heart broken?  Kang Seulgi was beautiful, talented, kind, literally everything Jongin could have wanted in the world.  Yet, she’d never be his.

 

“She’s coming this way with her friends.  Man up, loverboy,” Kyungsoo said, shoving him forward.  

 

Jongin stumbled a bit, his heart pounding violently in his chest.  He couldn’t face Seulgi.  Not now, when he still hadn’t figured out a strategy for getting her together with some unknown guy.  Chances were she already had her eye on her true love.  True Loves interacted with each other even before they were struck with the arrow.

 

“Hi Jongin.  What’s up?” she smiled, walking past him.

 

“C-Cute,” he stuttered, not quite himself yet.

 

“What?”

 

“I mean, those shoes look totally cute on you.  Where did you get them? Were th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter