Hot Times and Heartbreak

I See You

April 13th

 

Chanyeol fiddled with his guitar, lips puckered cutely in concentration. His slender fingers plucked at random strings, ensuring the instrument was correctly tuned. With each sound it emanated, he would nod with satisfaction and proceed with checking the next chord. Once he was content with the entirety of his tuning, he ran his fingers along the length of the guitar and settled it comfortably upon his lap, knees bouncing softly. His auburn hair fell gently into his eyes as he bopped his head, strands sticking irritably to thick eyelashes. With an aggressive flick to the right, they swung away and allowed him to immediately return all attention back to his guitar. I struggled to stifle my laughter when strands fell loose only a few seconds later, tickling his pale skin and making his eyebrows furrow.

He groaned inwardly and turned his head to frown in my general direction. ‘Can you do something about this?’

I stretched out and rolled off his bed to stomp over to where he sat. My fingers slid a hair tie off my wrist, revealing red pressure marks, and extended to grab a fistful of his silky locks. Marvelling in how nice his hair smelled, how wonderful it felt against my skin, I allowed myself a few brief moments of gently pulling at it. Only when he let an accidental moan escape his lips did I finally wrap his hair into a small bun, before coughing and awkwardly retreating back to his bed, where I wrapped myself in bed sheets covered in a soothingly familiar scent.

Suddenly, his arms were around me, his feet nudging playfully against mine. I leant into his touch, squishing up against him, my back plastered warmly to his steadily rising chest. In response, he nuzzled his nose into the side of my neck and dared to let his hands slip a little lower. I placed an encouraging hand atop his, urging him to continue. With a tender tug, he turned me to face him.

‘I’m so grateful for you’, he whispered almost inaudibly, pressing smooth lips to my forehead.

I craned my neck and squirmed upward to capture his lips with mine, moving against him slowly. His hands skimmed down my waist, one falling to delicately squeeze my thigh and the other sliding tentatively under my oversized shirt. Those slender fingers were hot against my skin, sending shivers up my spine, making my legs quiver in anticipation. I whimpered faintly as his hand slipped in between my legs.

Like it was instinct, I wrapped my arms around his neck to deepen the kiss and attempt to cover my needy whining. His tongue darted around skilfully and occasionally he would pull away to nibble at my lower lip, leaving me completely breathless, undeniably craving more. Though he couldn’t see the pleading sparkle in my eyes, nor the flustered reddening of my cheeks, he knew well enough that my heavy panting meant he was doing quite a fantastic job at getting me worked up. He smirked and leant in, planting wet kisses along my nape and around my jaw.   

I was on the verge of begging for more when I spotted Jongdae and Baekhyun standing in the doorway, mouths agape in utter shock. Chanyeol noticed the rigidness of my body instantly and followed the incline of my head to very quickly figure out that we weren’t alone. Evidently agitated, he scowled and jerked the blankets over the two of us, bringing it up to his chin so that his tufts of messy hair still jutted out.

Jongdae subtly punched Baekhyun in the back to make him speak up. ‘Uh, we didn’t realise you guys were busy.’

‘We were worried’, Jongdae added, scratching his scalp uncomfortably, ‘you weren’t returning any of our texts…now I see why.’

‘And you know…you never ignore us.’

Chanyeol ran his fingers through his hair, flattening it out. ‘Is there a reason you two are still here?’

‘Uh…Chanyeol…I don’t know how to say this’, Baekhyun mumbled, jumping from one foot to the other repeatedly.

‘It’s your brother. He’s in hospital.’

 

April 14th

 

‘Have you heard from Chanyeol today?’ Jimin questioned through a mouthful of cereal, a dribble of milk leaking down her chin.

I reached across the bench and dabbed at . ‘He stayed at the hospital overnight. I might drop by today to check on him.’

‘Do you think his brother will be okay?’

‘He’s in a critical condition and judging by how badly Chanyeol reacted, I don’t think things are going to go well.’

Jimin pouted and rubbed her eyes, before flicking the cereal off her upper lip and continuing to stuff her face. I prodded at my own breakfast, my mind too distant for me to have any kind of appetite. Even though my stomach grumbled, I hardly noticed it. I wondered if Chanyeol had eaten yet.

‘Just go see him’, Jimin exclaimed, gathering my uneaten meal and shoving it into a container, ‘and take this food for him so it doesn’t go to waste.’

Cocking my eyebrows, I elbowed her playfully. ‘Will you be okay without me?’

‘Oh my God, just leave!’

I almost bolted out of the house, my feet slipping on the floorboards as I flung myself through the front door and out onto the steps. With a still warm meal in my hand, I sprinted down the street, waving my hands about frantically every time I caught sight of a taxi. The drivers might have thought I was a lunatic, but my strange actions drew attention quickly and I easily caught a ride. As soon as I slid into the taxi, I began to ponder how I could comfort Chanyeol. I wanted to hold him and tell him everything was going to be just fine, but I wasn’t so sure of that myself. I had never dealt with a melancholic Chanyeol before and secretly, biting down on my bottom lip, I hoped that I never would.

 

A/N: Things weren't meant to get depressing...I think I was in a poor mood when I wrote the second half of this chapter...

Is there anything you guys would want to see in upcoming chapters? More fluff? Light ? Jimin and one of the beagles?