Senseless

I See You

April 22nd

 

‘You were so amazing!’ I exclaimed enthusiastically, springing up to wrap my legs tightly around Chanyeol’s waist and my arms around his neck.

Chanyeol chuckled melodically, propping his guitar against a wall to support me with his own two hands, palms firmly planted under my bottom. He twisted around gracefully, a significantly wide grin on his face as he dizzied us both. I squealed joyously as we whirled about like overexcited children and once he came to a stumbling stop, though a little lightheaded, I planted fervent kisses down the side of his blushing face.

Upon the arrival of Baekhyun and Jongdae by the doorway, I hurriedly unwound my limbs from Chanyeol and jumped to place my feet back on the floor, aware that they probably wouldn’t want to see my underwear. Tugging my dress down to cover a bit more of my glistening skin, I smiled up at the two and gave them an exuberant thumbs-up. Chanyeol, sensing a shift in the air, turned to face them as he draped a relaxed arm over my shoulders.

‘Well done out there boys. The ladies were going wild’, I commented, my tone sarcastically sultry.

Baekhyun jokingly flexed, showing off almost non-existent muscles. ‘I totally smashed my solo stage, right? Did you see the amount of heart-eyes in the crowd when I sat behind that piano? Damn.’

As much as I wanted to contest that statement, it was entirely true. When Baekhyun had paced leisurely onto the stage, a bowtie around his neck and his thighs beautifully accentuated in tight black suit pants, the crowd’s chatter had disappeared into attentive silence. With a cocky smirk, he bent to sit comfortably behind a huge grand piano, cracking his pretty knuckles in preparation to play. As soon as he struck the first key, the women in the crowd cooed in complete awe, gradually growing showier and more uncontrollable as he began to recite the lyrics.

 

I had a nightmare

Before I could hug you, who was crying, I woke up

With a sad heart, I opened the curtains

With my moonlight-stained tears, I sent you a letter

 

Admittedly, even I had been quite astounded at the stunning clarity of his vocals, the way he could so effortlessly reach the highest notes. He was undeniably breathtaking, a talented man with a smile and voice that could steal the heart of any woman in the bustling crowd. However, Jongdae came as the greatest shock.

In a loose fitted singlet exposing muscular arms and the edges of a broad chest, Jongdae had strolled out onto stage with an aura of confidence and a hairstyle reminiscent of an 80’s rocker. The music played heavily in stark contrast to the soft smoothness of Baekhyun’s composition, a piece with intricate guitar solos and the constant aggressive beating of a drum. Jongdae, with a sly wink at a keen woman in the front row, opened his mouth to reveal that he was not so innocent, but quite like a tiger. His vocals were passionate and boisterous, making every person in the vicinity pump their fists with enthusiasm to the rocking beat and though he wasn’t one to pull out complex dance moves, his thrashing and head banging sufficed well enough.

 

Start right now from here, all of the rules can be broken

Today you will feel the despair of my rebellion

I’m locked up, there’s no place to hide

You are looking at me, cold hands chasing me

Today, right here, if I hear your screams of struggle

I will cherish the joy

 

When he had walked off the stage, there was even a cheer begging for an encore. Either too exhausted or too much of a tease, he had simply jogged back out to wave to everyone before sprinting behind the curtains once again.

‘I think it was actually louder when Jongdae performed’, Chanyeol mumbled, scratching his chin and frowning mischievously, ‘but then again, my senses are all over the place. You both did well.’

Jongdae grinned and harshly clapped his hands together, the sound reverberating through the room. ‘Don’t lie. We all know that it was you who truly blew the crowd away. You’re a blind guy who can play the guitar, drums and keyboard, in addition to being able to sing and rap like you own the whole pop industry.’

Things went on like this for quite some time, a debate over who was the most extraordinary act of the night. It was bizarre to see men fighting over such a topic and even stranger to know that they weren’t protesting that their own performances were the best, but arguing that the performance of their friends were far more superior. I couldn’t help but giggle at the ridiculous of the sight – at their flailing arms and cracking voices – and I wasn’t in the slightest bit surprised when Baekhyun and Jongdae came out as the victors, crowning Chanyeol as the shining star.

Though he hated that he had been defeated, Chanyeol couldn’t stop smiling at thought of his friends so highly complimenting him as we sauntered out into the street. It was relatively cooler by this stage, with a howling breeze beginning to pick up, clusters of dried leaves billowing across the sidewalk and people clutching desperately at their jackets. The moon had fully risen, its glory illuminating the street stretching out in front of us and casting eerie, yet striking shadows over towering buildings. We stood huddled together under a flickering streetlight, its glass partially shattered and the pole itself on quite a dangerous tilt.

Jongdae and Baekhyun staggered out of the venue, coming to collide with the two of us. ‘Ya, isn’t that you’re friend over there?’ Baekhyun questioned, squinting as he dramatically cupped slender fingers over his eyes like binoculars.

Upon being spotted, Jimin awkwardly stepped out from the darkness, fluttering her fingers in a tiny wave. She swayed back and forth for a moment, contemplating whether or not she should proceed. When she realised that the four of us were unmoving, frozen in our positions as we examined her, she quickly scurried over.

With a glance at Chanyeol, I spun and began to head off into the distance, dragging him lightly by the hand. Baekhyun shrugged and followed our trail, leaving Jongdae on his lonesome, fiddling with the cuffs of his shirt and uncomfortably shuffling his little booted feet. Eventually, he peered up and smiled faintly, pleasantly, inviting her to feel relaxed in his presence.

 

April 23rd

 

‘Where are we going?’ Chanyeol asked, stumbling along as I tugged at him, his lengthy legs occasionally getting a bit twisted.

‘It’s a surprise, stop asking questions.’

Truthfully, I wanted to do something special for Chanyeol. Visiting galleries was a pointless idea because he couldn’t admire the artworks and architecture, journeying to the zoo was hardly enjoyable when I couldn’t coo over the cuteness of animals without feeling guilty that he couldn’t experience them as well and we had already been to a theme park together, though he had barely received any thrill from the rides.

So, I focussed on sound, taste and smell, with the desire to put the largest smile on his face.      

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was just a whole lot of description and not much progress, but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless.
I have a slight plan of what's going to happen next, so I hope the next update doesn't take as long.

If you have any questions, suggestions or just want to talk, I'm always on Twitter at thekimjongway whining and thirsting over Kim Jongdae

Chu ~ <3