Progressing Feelings

I See You

April 7th

 

I spun to lock eyes with my ex-boyfriend, whose arm was comfortably linked with that of a woman I had never seen before. Her dress rode up provocatively high, its restricting cut pushing her cleavage up to sit tauntingly just below her chin and her lips jutted out as though she had just left the clinic of a plastic surgeon. She gave me a once-over before bringing her horribly manicured fingers to in attempt to stifle obnoxious laughter.

My hand tightened around Chanyeol’s, drawing in the warmth radiating from his body and alerting him to my discomfort. Though he couldn’t see my pained expression, or the judgemental glare of my ex’s new partner, he knew fully well that something was off.

As my ex-boyfriend opened his mouth to greet us with that disgustingly fake smile plastered across his face, Chanyeol tugged me in the opposite direction and left the two standing awkwardly in silence, just staring at our retreating figures. I clung to his side, thankful that he could sense my changed mood so easily, thankful that he was there to rid of my anxieties.

‘It’s okay Min’, he whispered, pressing his face into the silky cascades of my hair, ‘I’m here.’

 

April 8th

 

Jimin flopped backwards onto my bed, her blonde hair splaying out to make it seem as though she had just been harshly electrocuted. She kicked her legs impatiently like a child as I put together a concoction of food I had found lying around in my cupboard. I could cook a half decent meal, but my thoughts were elsewhere. I knew she would be grateful for anything even remotely edible.

I trudged up the stairs and leant over her, a pyramid of food atop a shining plate in my hand. She sniffed once and shot up straight, grabby hands reaching out to snatch the item on top. Without even a single glance to see what she had taken, the food was shoved wholly into and swallowed almost immediately. Smiling, she extended a hand once more to pick out her next target. I laughed and plonked down lazily beside her.

Through a mouthful of pastry, Jimin was the one to initiate conversation. ‘Are you and Chanyeol dating? I went through your phone and there are so many photos of you two together. Like, I almost puked from an overload of absolute adorableness.’

‘I don’t think we’re a couple or anything. We just like to hang out.’

‘You’re a terrible liar. You like him!’

‘It’s that obvious, huh?’ I questioned guiltily, trying not to giggle as I reclined into the fort of pillows by the head of my bed.

She stuffed a croissant into and lay down, swallowing quickly so as not to choke as she had done many times before and wiggling closer to playfully flick my forehead. ‘Yes, it’s that obvious. It hasn’t even been a full week yet, but the way I saw you look at him was entirely different to the way you used to look at…you know…he who shall not be named’, she started, somehow managing to stick in a bit of humour before continuing, ‘and I mean that in a good way. You looked at him in a nice way, I guess, but the way you gazed at Chanyeol after he walked you home yesterday literally screamed how much you adore him.’

‘So, what does that mean? What should I do?’

‘Tell him you like him, duh.’

I rolled over and pelted my tiny fists against a Tom plush and then proceeded to cradle it in my arms, apologising. ‘I can’t do that, because I might scare him off. It hasn’t been long enough yet.’

‘Wait a little longer then’, Jimin encouraged, my back gently, ‘and then let it all out whilst knowing I’m already a hard-core shipper of you two.’

‘You’re a loser.’

‘What? This ship must sail!’

 

April 9th

 

My ears pricked up at the sound of new customers and Jimin, without bothering to be discrete, spun in her chair to see if the new arrivals were worth her time. ‘Min, it’s your boyfriend!’

Chanyeol was, if at all possible, more handsome than he had been any day prior. He wore a simple black t-shirt with a gold logo, allowing his toned porcelain arms to be on perfect view and atop his puffy, up-styled hair sat a reverse black cap. On his right was an almost equally attractive man dressed comfortably in an oversized grey sweatshirt, his hair flopping messily into his cute dopey eyes. Trailing closely behind was a third pleasant figure who could pull off the simplicity of a white tee and ripped blue jeans so well that he looked suave. Combined, the three looked like a bunch of models, though Chanyeol was the only man with a suitable height for the job.

Jimin eyed the other two and turned slowly back to face me, her face contorted. ‘They are all too pretty to be real.’

I couldn’t process what she had said. I knew had moved, but my focus was too strongly stuck on Chanyeol as he ordered and paid for drinks for his friends with a cheesy smile across his face. They sought out a table before he had finished, aware that he could easily manage to navigate his way to where they sat on his own. When he joined them, they delved into what seemed to be an entertaining conversation, all three genuinely chuckling and grasping their stomachs. It wasn’t long however, before Chanyeol stuck his nose up and began to sniff, his grin instantly broadening.

He turned, eyes pointed in my general direction. ‘Min, come meet my friends.’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm attempting to purchase a ticket to see BTS tomorrow...ah I'm anxious...and I really want to write about one of the members one day...but for now, I must focus on this fluff!