0.8

The Devil's Contract

Baekhyun and Minah walked around the city for awhile more. Silence fell upon the two and he knew well what she was thinking about. There was so much confusion and answers she wanted to know, yet she didn’t know how to ask him. But, a small smile appeared on her lips, remember what he had said to her just a while back in the ferris wheel. She could feel her heart thumping and her face turning red. No, this isn’t right. They can’t be together. They aren’t allowed to fall in love. But, this feeling….it felt….it felt right….didn’t it?

 

“Hajima.”

 

Minah looked up at Baekhyun who let out a small smile.

 

“Everything will make sense at the end, pabo-ah…” He exhaled the winter fog out of his mouth, making her look ahead of her.

 

“...but, what if it doesn’t? Will you tell me everything then...until I understand?”

 

The only sound heard was the footsteps of the two and the sudden sight of the first snowfall. They both looked up to see the snow slowly falling and finally joining the world in the most beautiful and elegant way. Baekhyun looked at Minah who let out a small grin as she put her right hand up as the pieces of snow kissed her skin. The winter fog exhaled in and out of gently as Baekhyun’s lips curved up from ear to ear without knowing.

His right hand interlaced with her right hand, making her look at him with her wide puppy eyes now. She was about to say something, but the older boy began to walk already, having her follow him from behind.

 

“Ya, Byun Baekhyun, what do you think you’re doing?” She questioned taken aback.

 

But, he didn’t answer. He kept walking the crowded streets of Seoul, ignoring her questions. Why? What was the rush? What was he doing? Why is he-

 

She breathed in the winter fog heavily, amused with a smile on her face. Baekhyun stopped and looked back at her with a smile. His eyes were back to the shade of brown, making her look at him.

 

“It’s beautiful…” She grinned and walked towards the hilltop that overlooked the city of Seoul. Snow continued to fall, having the once green grass slowly being filled with white now. The trees were being sprinkled as if they were small flowers growing on the branches, blooming for winter, “Baekhyun…” Minah looked back as he stood behind her, still smiling at how happy she was, “Thank you…”

 

And just like that, it was enough to take his breath away. Her eye smile appeared as her lips turned into a grin that would seem to have lasted for a lifetime for as long as he was alive. His heart. His cold heart was turning warm again. But, it slowly faded when she turned around to look at the city below them.

 

“Isn’t it pretty, Oppa?” Minah would say, “I wanna be just as beautiful as the city one day.”

 

But, through her smiles and the conversation she had within herself, he was there again. Her back towards him. Like always…..and it hurt. She was so clueless and lost in this world of hers that she forgot to be happy. And that’s what he wanted to give her. He wanted her to be filled with smiles and happiness before the contract ended because he wanted to see how happy she was before she became heartbroken and sad. He wanted to remind her of her old self before she had fallen in love.

 

“And look, Oppa-”

 

“Minah…” Baekhyun stated, having the young girl turn around now.

 

“Neh, Oppa?”

 

He put his hand out as she looked at him confused.

 

“What?”

 

“Will you dance with me, Bang Minah?” He let out a smile as she let out a small laugh.

 

“There’s no music, Oppa. Plus-”

 

Baekhyun grinned and slipped his hand around her waist, making her let out a surprised gasp before she could finish her sentence. She looked at him with widen eyes as he wrapped her arms around his neck.

 

“O-Oppa…”

 

“Just this once….” He said, sliding both his hands down, wrapping them around her small waist now, “Please…”

 

Maybe he was crazy or maybe he was thinking too much, but he could feel both their heart beats in sync, beating fast against one another. But, all she did was let out a laugh.

 

“You’re such a pabo.” Minah said as she shook her head.

 

Baekhyun grinned as they both danced slowly in circles with more and more snow covering the hilltop beautifully. She smiled and leaned in, resting her forehead against his chest. As if right now, the contract, the fact that Baekhyun was a devil and she was an angel, the fact they couldn't be together didn’t matter. Nothing mattered right now because this…..this feeling they both had felt….sincere and as if it was suppose to happen. It seemed to make sense for some reason.

 

Minah closed her eyes as she let out a smile of content. Baekhyun began to sing softly, his melodic voice that she knew nothing about gave her a comforting feeling that made her feel at home for once in a long time. But, his voice….his voice sanged such sad words. Those words...those words that she knew she wouldn't forget:

 

I may seem strong, I may be smiling, but there are many times when I’m alone.

I may seem like I don’t have any worries, but I have a lot to say.

I should’ve been more careful, I should’ve saved myself so I wouldn’t get hurt.

I’ve never felt like this before, like my breath will stop. My head is filled with thoughts of you.

Your face, the sound of your laughter. I couldn’t say that I’ve waited for you so I’m writing then erasing.

Being curious about your day takes up all of my day

I’ll wait for you. I can’t help my heart.

Don’t leave, just let me stay by your side. (my answer - exo)

 

As Baekhyun finished singing, he exhaled through his mouth. The young boy leaned his chin on top of her head, for they have stopped dancing a long time ago. She had fallen asleep in his arms and she could feel his heart loud and clear.


“I love you…” Baekhyun stated to himself. His eyes turned to a shade of blue once more as a teardrop fell onto Minah’s left cheek, having her slowly open her eyes, “Bang Minah…”

-------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey, guys! MusicBeliever0493 here!! ^^ Omgeee, an update! Lol, yassss an update indeed! I'm so sorry again for my inconsistency for this story. It's just...it's Baek and Minah! I just want it to be a good enough story at least. Plus, I thought I knew where I was going with this story, but more ideas just popped into my head so I don't know which way to go with this story no more. T___T Help me! Lol. Anywho, more will come and I hope you patiently anticipate and bare with me. Let me know what you think so far of the story by putting down some of your thoughts in the comments below. I'd really like it if you guys can cooperate with me and give me feedback too because again I am human. I wanna know what's going on in your head because as if right now, I don't have the motivation to write this story. I think that's the reason to why it's taking me so long to update too. But, am I doing something wrong that's why you readers are so silent? Please, I'm begging youuuuu. >________< Anywho, thank you for subscribing and/or reading. Until next time. )':