0.6

The Devil's Contract

"He wasn't just any guy." Minah stated as they both sat in the living room.

 

Baekhyun sat across from her as she sighed and let out a small smile. Minah could feel her heart aching at every word she said about Minhyuk. She could feel the tears slowly coming, but with all her courage she held it back with a weak smile.

 

"He was my first love." She stated, lips quivering, "After he left me, I couldn't go back to my old self. I couldn't eat. I couldn't sleep. I stayed home from work." A sigh escaped Minah's mouth.

 

Baekhyun interlaced both his hands, looking at the ground. To see Minah in such a state, he couldn't look at her with comforting eyes. In fact, the young man didn't know what a first love was. But, with every word Minah spoke about her heart break broke his too. With everything he's done...he knew that she would never know.

 

"Why'd he leave you?" Baekhyun questioned, finally looking up at her with his blank face. Actually, he did. He knew what a first love was. He knew what it was like to love a person...but, from afar.

 

"Isn't it obvious?" She let out a sad grin, fanning her face with both her hands. The young girl looked up at the ceiling as she fought her tears back, "I wasn't good enough." With that, her tears began to slip out of her outer corner eyes. Her heart. Her fragile heart felt as if it was getting stomped over and over again.

 

Suddenly, she felt herself getting embraced. Her face was buried into a persons chest and it was him. It was Byun Baekhyun who was comforting her. Minah could feel her heart beating just like how he interlaced both their hands just earlier when they were coming home. Why was he doing this?

 

"I know." He stated, "I know how it feels like."

 

She pulled away from Baekhyun's embrace gently. Minah looked at the older man who was already looking at her. He let out a small smile and brought up both his thumbs, wiping her tears away from either side of her face.

 

"Why are you crying?" He asked, "You're not pretty no more."

 

Her puppy eyes blinked multiple times before responding, "You think I'm pretty?"

 

"....Ani." Baekhyun gave her an innocent look, "That's what I'm suppose to say to a girl that's going through a heart break right?"

 

Baekhyun smiled as Minah rolled her eyes and scoffed.

 

"Wow. Way to ruin the mood, you jerk."  They both let out a laugh.

 

Deep down Baekhyun knew he meant it. Bang Minah. She was indeed as beautiful as a goddess. The way she had cried and told her sad story made something in the young man feel.....almost as if he was tongue tied. His heart that was once cold was slowly beginning to feel safe and content. But, that wasn't a good thing. It was a sin. It was a sin to ever feel safe or content. It was a sin to be filled with happiness. After all, Byun Baekhyun was a devil. Devil's are known to be bad people with hardened cold hearts.

 

"Go to sleep. It's been a long day." Baekhyun stated, having Minah nod her head.

 

"After today....it's officially six more days before the contract is over." The young girl let out a sigh and got up from the couch, "I guess I'd rather have it that way anyways."

 

"You mean....you would rather be dead than be alive?"

 

"Now that I think about it....I can say living is hard and dying is easy." Silence, "I'm just saying....it's okay not to be okay."

 

Those words stuck into Baekhyun's head as he layed in bed. His eyes were a shade of blue as it looked up at the black ceiling. The lights were turned off and the sound of Minah's sobs could be heard from the next room.

 

She was sad and Baekhyun knew that. He knew that very well. This secret he had within him. The biggest sin of all that he had caused was buried so deep inside of him that only he, himself knew. Why? Because, he could've caused a lot more chaos than there already was.

 

"Of course she doesn't remember me." He stated, exhaling through his nose gently, "But, why...why do I feel as if I should tell her?"

 

Minah opened her eyes to see herself in a white dress. Examining her surroundings, she saw two young men coming towards her in white. In fact, everything around her was white. She turned around to see Baekhyun running after her as fast as he could.

 

"Minah!"

 

She heard him call her name.

 

"Don't go!"

 

It was as if everything was slow motion. Her hair swiftly flowed behind her as she looked at the two young men in white again. They both gave her a smile and put both their hands behind her back as they went towards a white gate.

 

"I said don't go!" Baekhyun yelled.

 

Minah's eyes widened as she gasped for air, now sitting up on her bed. It was a dream. A dream that felt as if her whole world was going to fall apart if she didn't hear Baekhyun's voice to wake her up from her nightmare.

 

As she opened the door to Baekhyun's room, she found him fast asleep. The sound of the clock ticking and a person creeping behind her could be heard. The hair behind Minah's neck stood up as she quickly closed the door. She had a feeling that if she was to look back, it would've been one of the young men in her dreams to have come to get her.

 

"Bang Minah."

 

She heard a voice from behind the door call her name.

 

Minah was pulled into Baekhyun's embrace suddenly, making her eyes widened. When did he get up?

 

"Shhh." Baekhyun whispered, "Don't make a sound or we'll both get caught."

 

-------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey, guys! MusicBeliever0493 here!! ^^ Here's your update!! I know. There's a lot of unanswered questions and confusion, but I promise it'll make more sense as you read on. More will come and I hope you patiently anticipate and bare with me. Let me know what you think so far of the story by putting down some of your thoughts in the comments below and yeah...Anywho, thank you for subscribing and/or reading. Thank you so much!! Until next time. (: