0.5

The Devil's Contract

“That's why he ran off?” Minah let out a loud laugh, “Aigoo, this boy. He doesn't even act his age.”

 

“But, you got to realize that dongseong Baekhyun is here to grant you your wish. His life is on the line. It's a sin and forbidden to let dead people alive again.” Suho stated in a serious tone, “Do you understand?”

 

Minah exhaled through her nose and nodded, “Where is he?”

 

The young man let out a laugh as he played with the kids on the blacktop of the playground. Minah squinted her eyes to make sure that it was Baekhyun and it turned out to be him surprisingly. Out of all places, why did he run to the park? She let out a sigh and walked towards him.

 

“Yay, I win again!” The little boy yelled out of happiness as Baekhyun let out a laugh, high fiving the five year old.

 

They both looked up once they heard someone coughing for attention. Baekhyun looked surprised that Minah had found him, but she let out a smile, showing her puppy eyes.

 

“You worried me, Baekhyun Oppa.” She stated, “Kaja, lets go home.”

 

And at that moment, the world stopped for a minute. Baekhyun's eyes stuck on her and he swore he heard fireworks behind him. Everything around him out and his vision was only fixed on her. She was the first person ever to call him “Oppa”. It had made his heart beat so fast that he felt as if the whole world heard it. What was this feeling? Was it against the rules to feel this way at all?

 

The two walked home slowly and quietly. The leaves fell from the trees softly and gently as the wind pushed them. Baekhyun stayed silent, still not knowing how to feel about what happened earlier.

 

He suddenly stopped in his tracks and looked at Minah who stopped walking. Instead, her eyes were looking at someone or something straight ahead of her, making Baekhyun look her direction. A young handsome man holding hands with a beautiful young lady came there way happily and flirting with one another. Minah shook her head and started walking once again as Baekhyun finally got out of his train of thoughts and followed her.

 

“Please don't see me.” She whispered to herself as Baekhyun who heard this looked at her.

 

“Oh.”

 

Damn it, Minah thought to herself. She stopped in her tracks while Baekhyun stopped beside her once again. Her heart was slowly aching and she could feel her cheeks burn in embarrassment.

 

“Minah-ssi.” His familiar voice and scent was all coming back to her.

 

Minah looked up and faced none other than her ex-boyfriend, Lee Minhyuk. Too hurt, but not wanting to look pathetic in front of him, the young girl forced a smile, “Hey, Minhyuk...” She tried not to say his name as if it didn't kill her to say it, but it did.

 

He let out a smile, “It's been awhile, hasn't it?”

 

“Yeah.” She stated, trying not to make it awkward, “It has.”

 

Silence.

 

Minhyuk cleared his throat and let out an awkward grin, “Well, this is my girlfriend....Krystal. Jung Krystal.”

 

Krystal let out a smile and slightly bowed towards Minah who did the same, “Nice to meet you.”

 

“And he is?” Minhyuk asked, looking at Baekhyun.

 

Minah's eyes widened a bit, forgetting all about Baekhyun's presence and that he was still next to her.

 

“Ah, he's-”

 

“I'm her boyfriend.” Baekhyun smiled and interlaced both their hands together, making Minah look at him in shock, mouth slightly opened.

 

“Baek-”

 

“Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun.” He stated, “We'll be leaving now.”

 

With that, Baekhyun walked off, dragging Minah alongside him. Hands still laced tightly.

 

Minah looked at Baekhyun's side of the face to see him concentrated on his “act”. What was this feeling? Why was her heart beating so fast?

-------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey, guys! MusicBeliever0493 here!! ^^ Here's your update!! It's not the best, but I hope you like it. Was the chapter too short? I'm sorry, I'll try to make the next chapter longer. >___< But, anywho more will come and I hope you patiently anticipate and bare with me. Let me know what you think so far of the story by putting down some of your thoughts in the comments below and yeah...Anywho, thank you for subscribing and/or reading. Thank you so much!! Until next time. (: