He Visits

Hiro to Hino
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 HIRO’S POV

It’s been two days. I have to stay in the hospital for treatment. Hino had skipped class too since she’s stubborn enough and insisted to take care of me. Aunt Michiko never failed to notice the school what’s going on. Of course, they also know I’m sick but I’m sure they never know it’s cancer.

I don’t expect much sympathy from them anyway. It’s just been weeks that I spent time with them, laugh with few of them, make conversations with most of them, and exchange smiles and glances with them.

I yawned as I glance outside the window. The sun is setting again. Indicating another day has to pass. And I’m all alone in this small room, painted with white wall and white curtain hanging on each window. Aunt Michiko was gone for work the whole day while Hino goes home to shower and bring some pair of clothes for me since hospital clothes makes me feel sicker.

I looked at my reflection in the glass of the window. I’m paler than usual. I’m losing much cheek. “My chubby cheeks seemed to shrink or am I just imagining?” I talk to myself as I pinch them with my fingers.

“Don’t worry, they won’t disappear just like that, I assure you.” A voice says and giggles after that.

I turned to the door where the direction was, and I saw Daichi darting me the brightest grin. “Daichi!”

Hino rolls her eyes and a sighs when she passes behind Daichi and put the bag of clothes on the chair at the corner. “He insisted he wanna come.”

I nod with a smile. “It’s okay.”

“Not with me.” Hino added.

Daichi giggles, wrapping his arms around my sister’s shoulders. “Why you’re so cold with me Hino?”

‘Uhnnn...Don’t worry she’s like that to me too.’ I’ve got the urge to say that but I decided against it.

Hino immediately removed his arms. “Hands off.”

I laughed. Feels like old days.

“How are feeling?” Hino turned her attention on me.

“Good.” I smile.

Yesterday was my first treatment day. It’s something the doctor called induction therapy which says can kill leukemia cells in the blood and bone marrow to induce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter