More Tears and Confessions

Hiro to Hino
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWO MONTHS BEFORE

“We’re leaving!” The twins said in unison. Hino in her usual low tone, expressionless aura and Hiro in his beaming enthusiasm.

Harumi Yashida, though wrinkles formed in her beautiful eyes (those beautiful eyes that Hino got), bats her lid and smiled at her twins. As she wipes the wet in her hands with the pink apron wrapped in her front, she said the words “Take care.”

She never took her eyes out from her precious kids remembering the day she delivered both of them in the world. She remembered the pain ripping from her system but the moment the healthy babies landed in her arms, she realized that that pain is the sweetest pain a mother could ever feel.

She looked at Hino walking alongside with Hiro. She realized how Hino grew up to be so like her except the creepy aura Hino had. She is aware of Hino being tsundere but she is always the tough one.

Harumi shift her eyes from Hino to Hiro. Unlike Hino, he was never tough. He was used to be bullied in grade school and so Hino was always there to save him. Harumi can’t believe that the bullied child he was before turned to be a reliable older brother now (just minutes older that Hino). But Harumi’s smile slowly fades as she looks at Hiro.

The afternoon that day, the telephone rang. Harumi swept the stray hair from her face and pick up the telephone.

It was the doctor from yesterday. She brought Hiro for tests after seeing him wiping blood from his nose, and now the doctor asked her to get to the hospital to see the result of the tests.

There was tightening in her chest as she nodded before the telephone.

++++++++++++++++++++

 

PRESENT TIME

HINO’S POV

I ran out from Hiro’s ward. It is so sad—the truth…this life…Hiro.

The pain from all the possibilities. And pain of what the future may bring.

I sat on one bench outside the hospital. The day is humid, as humid as my swollen eyes. Then I felt someone sat beside me. Aunt Michiko took a deep breath and looked at me. I never turn back at her. I stayed looking at my lap, feeling the droplets of tears form scribbles in my school uniform.

“Hino.” She started. “I know it’s hard.”

Of course it is! I wanna shout and curse out loud!

“He lied to me.” I manage to say without hiccups and sniffs.

“Hiro is always thinking for your sake.” She held my hand tight. “He blamed himself for your parents’ death and he’s afraid of what will be your reaction.”

“I don’t blame him. I couldn’t blame him. And I wouldn’t blame him.” I frowned. “I just can’t believe he’ll keep this from me!”

“He just loves you so much. He never wanted to worry you.”

“But he made me believe that everything’s fine!” I slipped my hand from hers and stood from the bench. “He’s not fine!!! He’s a big liar!!! He’s unreliable!!! He’s hopeless!!! He’s—“

“HINO!!!” The anger in Aunt Michiko’s face was traceable. “Your brother there is fighting for you!!! He knows that he isn’t well but he’s trying to lift your unworthy timid spirit up!!! He’s ill but it’s you whom he cared more!!! You couldn’t be that selfish Hino!!!”

I broke down. I cried and cried. “I-I’m scared…I’m just scared.” I curled in my feet wrapping my arms around my knees. “I’m afraid…I’m scared to be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter