Little Home

Hiro to Hino
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HINO’S POV

It going to school alone. Not to mention all those irritating questions.

“Hey, what happened to Yashida-kun?” “Is he in serious trouble?” “Is it true that he is dropping school?”

Is it this and that? Is he this and that? It’s so annoying I would love to cover my ear holes with cement.

Hiro had just started his treatment, so it’ll take time before he’ll return to school. And because he’s so persistent to make me attend school starting today, I granted his little wish and now I’m here dealing all these stuffs and fuss about him.

I pushed my temple as my classmates made a circle in my seat blurting all the interrogations of nonsense. I know my brother is a little friendly, but I never thought he had these much fans in here! Bravo!

“Hey guys!” Then that voice comes out outside the circle of people around me.

“Yoh, Mari-chan!” They greet at the approaching Shimazaki Mari.

She gives out a weak smile. “I think you should give Yashida-san a break. I mean, I think she’s exhausted.”

Good thing you know! The echoes of their voices make me sick.

“Fine. Let’s go guys.” Said the girl with twin tails who’s always with that Aikawa guy. And that Aikawa guy happens to sit in front of me and he is so talkative I always get that urge to staple his mouth.

“Let’s talk about it next time, okay?” Said that tall guy with shaved head, I think he attends the baseball club. He wanted to recruit Hiro in but unfortunately my brother is not an athlete although he can run really fast. He always beat me and Daichi in races.

“Okay!” Beam that loud girl who happens to be the class representative.

You noticed, yeah, I don’t know their names or not yet. It’s been a couple of days that I started attending this school, so remembering their names is not a chicken.

“Good morning.” Shimazaki-san said.

I bowed at her.

++++++

HIRO’S POV

“I hope Hino’s fine.” I blurted out all of the sudden while Aunt Michiko is peeling apples.

“Hmm?” She turns on me, abruptly pausing from what she’s doing and smiles. “It’s not like this is the first time she’ll go to school without you.”

I nodded. “Ah, Aunt Michiko.”

“Yes?”

I look at her. “About my hospital expenses...”

Aunt Michiko’s wrinkles forms in her eyes as she gave me a smile. “You should not worry about that.”

“But...my treatment sure is expensive.” I replied. “I must be...burdening you a lot.”

She put down the saucer of sliced apples and cups my cheek. “We’re family Hiro. Family’s help each other without anything in return.”

I have the terrible feeling of bursting out tears but I won’t, not in front of her again. I look down at my lap and I hear her chuckle. “You’re blushing.” Aunt Michiko teases.

Hino and I were 7 when we met Aunt Michiko. She was sweet and kind. She was a far relative, I don’t know which side, mom or dad’s. She was married once but her husband died not too long after their marriage so they were never given a child. She came from a rich family but she only inherited an apartment building in the neighbourhood after she rejected her father’s proposal of remarrying the son of his business partner. She also works in a health care center.

Eventually, she visits at home to talk to mom or drop food for us. From then on, Hino and I are really close to her. She treats

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter