Secret

Hiro to Hino
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HIRO’S POV

“Hiro!!!” I can hear her downstairs.

I hurried down and met Hino’s angry face when I stepped down the stairs.

“You’re like a girl!” She said crossing her arms in her chest.

“Sorry.” I stood in front of her. “Let’s g—“

I was cut when Hino grabbed my hand. “What’s this?”

I immediately removed my hand from her grip and laughed as I get my handkerchief and wipe the thing that dried in one of my finger, and that was a tint of blood. “I cut myself when I was preparing our breakfast.”

Hino just shoot a glare at me and sighed. “Be careful next time.” And marched out of the house.

“Yes, ‘mom’.” I teased.

 

+++++++++

While I became closer with Shimazaki-san and the rest of my classmates, Hino on the other hand don’t even talk with anyone in the class. I admit, she had become more silent than usual. Or maybe, she’s just adjusting with our parents’ death and with our new schools. As I look at her like that, I can’t help but feel worried on how she would handle things alone. I can’t always be there to accompany her.

I sat on the seat in front of Hino. I’m facing her so the back of chair is in my chest. I placed my two arms on her table and rest my chin above my right hand, looking at her. “Aren’t you getting bored looking at the sky?”

She’s been looking outside the window and had been drifting in her thoughts (if she had something in mind) for hours now. She doesn’t even seem to listen to the class.

She just shook her head.

I sighed. “Tell me something in your mind.”

“Mom and Dad.” She said. I froze.

“Bad times or good times?”  I asked.

“Both.” She answered.

I placed a hand on her head. Her hair was held down because she hates the way I tie it. “You should think less about them. They’re happy now. Think of yourself sometimes too.” I smiled and removed my have from her head. I stood from the seat and looked on one corner of the room. “They want to hang out with you too.”

Hino looked at the direction, and Shimazaki-san with 3 others waved at us.

+++++++

 

I was assigned in the classroom chores this afternoon. I haven’t done this before since I used to study in private schools since then. But cleaning is fun too. I love the vacuum. Haha! Too bad, no vacuum in school.

I was emptying the garbage when Shimazaki-san appeared and gave out a hand.

We return to the classroom to get our bags.

“Thanks again.” I said.

“Uhnnn…Yashida-kun.”

“Yes?” I answered.

“Do you have something to do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter