~ A Cougar

It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

          Park Shin Hye curls her sweet-admiring smile as she eyeing the perfect lovely couple in front of the priest who glancing at each other shyly as like it’s the first time they meet. It’s Kang So Ra, her BFF and her boyfriend, Lim Ju Hwan, who will turns to her husband in any minutes.

 

‘How beautiful. They really made for each other.’

She praise them inside her minds, before slowly glances over to Siwon, about halfway back, sitting with the other guests who attend the ceremony. He was wearing a gray wool tuxedo suit (as she asks him to wear) with subtle pinstripes, a matching gray-and-white shirt and a purple tie. It’s the best-perfect looks she ever see him. He’s stunning, plus with shaved-clean bare face!

‘Gorgeous! So so so…. The James Bond! Very… y! And - Wait, what was that? What is she doing?’

She mutter in silent as she keep glancing at his direction.

‘Who the hell is that girl?’

 

Choi Siwon is sitting in between a motherly-old lady who always smiling while eyeing the married couple, and a young girl who might be in early twenty, which is she was very sure the girl is trying to flirt with him.

‘What wrong with that girl? Flirting? Here, in a church! Omaiigossh!’

She pursed her lip tightly as she grit her teeth while keep checking on that girl back and forth before she back to her main focus, when So Ra hands her the bouquet with wide smile.

‘Back to your sense Park Shin Hye! Today is your best friend beautiful moment in her life. And you’re her maid of honor. Don’t create a mess here Focus!’

She reminds herself as she takes the bouquet and reply her warm smile to So Ra before focus back on the ceremony, watching them exchange their vows, which they written themselves.

“I promise never to wear your pink-fuzzy-bunny slippers, again.” Ju Hwan say it nonchalantly, that makes all in the church burst out their laugh.

“And I promise to never use your razor again.” So Ra reply with her fake-innocent face, which totally makes the crowd laugh again.

 

Shin Hye also can’t hold her laugh with their cheekiness of vows, which is so transparent to tell all the guests there on how crazy the marriage couple. Despite of that, she also can’t hold herself to look over at Siwon. He was laughing, showing that he was focusing on the ceremony and noted the vows contains as well. And she’s not to fail to look at the girl who keeps trying to flirt with him. She notices the girl purposely turns to Siwon with her fake-girly laugh, to gain his attention, which she’s not sure whether he realize about the girl or not.

As like he’s hearing her, Siwon suddenly looking at her, immediately pull up his hand as he waves and give his y-dimple-killer smile to her. As reflects, she smile girlishly at him while try to give a little wave back to him, while at the same time sending the message to the girl - ‘he’s with me!’

The girl immediately turns and looking at her when Siwon waving just now, and she see the girl’s face changing after that. Frustrated probably.

‘Loser!’ She utter her win excitedly, in her minds before turns to So Ra with satisfied smile, as she witness them recite their final ‘I do’ and exchange rings.


“I now pronounce you husband and wife.”

The priest tells them.

“You may kiss your bride.”

 

With that, she see how Ju Hwan smiling widely as he leans in to kiss So Ra, and she throws her arms around him as they lost for second in their kisses. Their first kiss as husband and wife.

 

‘Perfect!’

She smile as she witness the moment, before they pulls away from each other few seconds later. Turning herself to Shin Hye, So Ra can’t hide her big-wide happy smiles, as she takes her bouquet back from her and walk gracefully down the aisle with her husband.

She follows their step with her eye, admiring the precious moment of the beautiful couple on their special day, before she also following behind them, walking down the aisle as the ceremony is over.  

 

“You look gorgeous!” Siwon mouth his word with a flirting winks as she pass him.

She can’t help it, which she can’t deny that she’s affected with that – which she takes it as compliment - as she smile shyly to him and mouth back, “So do you.”

As like a sweet-lovely couple scene in a drama, he smiling back while putting his hand on his heart, to show how much he likes her compliments. And that, makes her smile wider as she walking along the aisle with her blooming heart.

 “You never fails to makes me smile, Mr. Crap.”

 

**********

 

“Ladies.”

Park Shin Hye and Kim Ji Won immediately turns to their back as they heard the voice, before stunned as they found out a taller-gorgeous man holding a silver tray filled with champagne flutes. Politely, he gives a slight bow and presents them with the tray. Both of them curls their smile, looking at each other before they pick up each glass for themselves.

“Thank you.” Shin Hye utter her thanks while keeping her eye at the man who still standing near them even after they take the drink.

“What are you doing, pabo!” She let out her soft giggles second later. “How did you snag a whole tray?”

She smack Siwon arm playfully as she looks around the room, capturing on the other waiters inside the room.

 

“The head of catering thought I was one of the waiters.”

He reply as he put down the tray and takes a glass for himself.

“And… I’m going to kill you for making me wear this tuxedo.” He narrow his playful-piercing eye to Shin Hye while gesture pointing gun with his finger.

 

She bend her knee slightly with her rolled eye before whine, “Oh please! You look so good!”

She gestures the thumbs up with nodding.

“Oh, I look like a waiter.” He bend his knee as like she doing earlier, and imitates the same pleading tone she had just now.

Ji Won who witness their play, burst out her laugh as she shaking her head. “Guys!”

 

“See.” He pointing around. “No one else is wearing a tuxedo, except the groom and his party. The guests are all in suits!”

He eyeing Shin Hye with his wag brow, while she stares at him with cheeky smiles, understand how annoys he is with his attire.

 

“I think it because they didn’t pay attention to the invitation, which clearly stated – ‘Black Tie Optional’.” She nod as confirmation.

He crease his brows with moving eye, thinking back her word just now.

“You… You didn’t tell me that!” He come close to her, looks down at her with his playful smirks. “You said the invitation said ‘Black Tie’.”

“I said ‘Black Tie Optional’.” She say it one by one as she looks up at him with un-guilty at all. “Which means, a proper guest done a tuxedo.”

She smiles as her eye trails on him from head to toe, purposely teasing him, before she pats softly on his chest, which is almost like a flirt.

 

He followed her hand move, before grins to her. “Optional! The key word there, it’s optional, sweetie.”

“Optional… Means the bride wants you in a tuxedo, but doesn’t want to be rude and demand it of her guests.” She explains, don’t want to lose to him.

He takes a sip. “Okay, whatever.” He shrugs his shoulder, accepting his lost, while she smiles widely before taking her sip also.

 

“Okay, done!” Ji Won finally speaks up after watching their ‘drama’. “Now, it’s a show time!”

She cheered in joy while holding up her glass higher with cheeky smile.

Shin Hye and Siwon turns immediately to her, in confuse as they don’t get what she’s talking about. She turns back and forth to both of them, still with her cheeky smile that make Shin Hye and Siwon more suspicious on her.

“Okay, sorry. Just a booze talking.” Ji Won reply as they see their blank face that totally tell her their clueless.

“Babe, you just had one sip.” Shin Hye point out as she was sure Ji Won is still conscious.

 

Ji Won blinks her eye innocently to her before she takes a sip and look at her again.

“Well, I don’t know babe. It’s not appropriate to say this actually… Especially when he was here.”

She point to Siwon who standing beside Shin Hye and taking the sip of his drink.

“But, weddings makes me… .”

She blurt out nonchalantly as her eye darted at the table consist of hot mans, which is probably a bachelor.

 

Siwon chokes his drinks as he heard her statement while Shin Hye stares at her with gasp mouth and widen eye, un-expected with her spontaneous, which is not so normal for her. She turns to Siwon with her stunned face as she slowly pats on his back as he still coughing due to his chokes earlier. They glances at each other for second before she turns back at Ji Won, begging for clarification.

 

“Wae?” Ji Won asks as she notices the way Shin Hye looking at her.

“That’s probably the most excellent mating call.” Siwon blurts out with his grins as he glances at Ji Won before pause at Shin Hye who still freeze in silent as she keeping her eye at Ji Won.

“It’s time for me to forget that stupid s by getting under a wedding guest!” Ji Won throw out her minds, with confidence, which turns Shin Hye more confuse and speechless.

“Babe, are you okay?” Shin Hye asks with her concern.

 

“It’s a good point actually.” Siwon points to Ji Won, as like supporting her which is differently with Shin Hye who spontaneously turns to him with a warning glares.

 

“Wedding bring wedding.” He add.

“What do you mean?” Shin Hye still not get the points.

“It’s a wedding, and everyone here is in romantic mood, and… hopeful about the future.”

He motions to the rest of the room with champagne flute in his hand.

“The women are looking beautiful.”

He smiles while moves the flute in front of them.

“And the men… are !” He winks to them. “But vetted…”

 

“Vetted?” Ji Won asks with confuse.

“Yeah, vetted!” He repeats. “You guys don’t get it, don’t you?”

He walk closer and standing in the middle of the two pretty woman, as he bend his head down a bit. “If a man is here tonight, he must be a friends with the bride or the groom.”

He states the point.

“That means, you can find out all you need to know about the man, after a few minutes of carefully placed questions to the bride or the groom.”

He nods without looking at both of them.

“And, BONUS! He is not going to screw you over later, because if he does, he’ll either have the groom or the bride who will pound him.”

He nods again and looks at both of them, one by one with his assuring smile.

 

“I’m not going to investigate anyone.” Ji Won blurts out.

“Is it? Didn’t I saw you asking Mr. Google for the first date?” Shin Hye turns to her as she playfully reminds her.

“I’m a changed woman.” She reply with confidence. “I’m not looking for future husband anymore. I just need to view him as a hottie and have fun!”

She winks at her.

 

“What?” Shin Hye eye open widely watching her. “You cannot be serious, babe.”

She really can’t accept the totally change of Ji Won. She was not like that. Among three of them, she was count as the pure one, most girly and soft hearted. That’s the reason she stick with the long relationship with one guy. She never goofing around or flirting with other men when she is in relationship.

“I am indeed. I have think about it. I’m wasting my three years for nothing.”

She reply as her eye moving around the room. “Do you think there will be easy men here?”

She asks seriously at Siwon.

 

“Of course!” He nods as he sips the drink. “Men are by definition is easy. So, there are easy men anywhere.”

He gestures with his wide spread arms to the whole room.

 

“That’s daebak!” Ji Won flaunt her cheeky-naughty smile.

“Oh, please God!” Shin Hye can’t bear with their talking. “Can you stop with that?”

She grabs Siwon arm, drags to the side and place herself in the middle, beside Ji Won.

“Babe, what’s wrong with you? What happen to you? You barely get out of the bed this morning, which I had to drag you to the shower and force yourself to dress up and get ready for this morning ceremony.”

Ji Won smiles flirtingly to her. “Babe that was this morning. Not now!”

She gestures with her pointing finger. “I’m not going to cry with broken heart anymore, and waiting for that s to die or break up with his other other girlfriend. No point for that at all!”

She pulls her closer, with embrace on her shoulder as she whispers. “I’m going to worthy myself and enjoys it. Common, I’m 30 years old, I should enjoys myself! And be naughty too.”

She giggles naughtily. “It’s the time!”

 

Shin Hye lost her word as she just staring at her BFF that have change out of blue. It’s hard for her brains to digest that the sweet-soft-hearted high school teacher, who is so intelligent come up with a plan that is so dim-witted. Not, at this age actually.

“Chill babe!” Ji Won tap her cheek softly as she let go the embrace.

 

“Sweetie!” Siwon snaps his fingers in front of Shin Hye’s eyes.

She turns to him with expressionless face before he leans closer to her ear. “When she go into a trance, just let it be, let her shake them out of it.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter