~ Realizes

It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“The date was great! She’s pretty cool. Can’t wait to see you tomorrow. ;>

Miss you sweetie!”

 

Park Shin Hye let out her soft sighs as her eye darted at her Iphone, staring at the text message she just received from Choi Siwon, her client who turns into friend, precisely, male best friend – that’s what they claims themselves. It’s already ten months they get into this kind of relationship. Begins with casual lunch appointment as client where they talking about work, leads to hang out drinks, and then brings to dinner – which is usually at one of their places, either at Siwon studio apartment or Shin Hye high security apartment.

 

Day by day they becomes closer and the bonding grew between them, but not as a loving couple, although they often have their late night hang out and also uncounted phone calls at the middle of the late night, as like in-love couple usually do. Best friend? That how they claims their relationship. The truth is, it’s her who announce it first. She is the one who blocking that from happen. And now, she not sure with her feeling towards him. Friend or love?

 

He has becomes her priority lately, especially for the past few weeks. He is the one she want to call and share her feelings when she received good or bad news or even big and small yet silly matter that happen in her life. About the donation, about sponsor that she manage to get, about her hectic day, about her fussy clients, etc. Not only that, he is the one that she called right after she knows about her grandmother died, a month ago. It’s past than 2 a.m when she received the call from her mother and she call Siwon right away after that, still in her shocking and trembling as hard for her to accept the fact.

Siwon, he is the person who wake up - although he just dozes of to sleep about half an hour ago, and dragged his out of the bed at the middle of the night, pick her up and drives her to her grandmother hometown, for the funeral. Moreover, he is the one who stay with her all the time until the funeral done. He also the person who listened to her while she let out her sadness as she talk through the drive back to Seoul. And, he also the person who pulled car over at the express way just because he can’t bear watching her crying and blurts out sadness mindlessly as he pulls her into embrace in his arms, let her sob until started heaving. Yes, he is always there for her when she need someone, especially during the crucial moment.

 

“Is it him?”

A question from Kang So Ra, cut off Shin Hye deep thought as she looks up at her who come out from the kitchen with a bowl of chips and take her seats beside Kim Ji Won at the sofa. Both of her BFF sitting opposite to her and now staring her as they wait for the answer.

“Your best friend!” Ji Won add with her cheeky smile as she shakes her head while put down the magazine in her hand on the coffee table, as she still can’t understand the complicated bonding between Shin Hye and Siwon.

 

“Yeah, my best friend!” Shin Hye scrunches her nose with pursed lip as she understand Ji Won is teasing her.

“What he wants?” So Ra instantly dig more. “What he is reporting to you?”

 

Shin Hye shrugs her shoulder while length her hand on the coffee table, grabs for the chips. “Nothing much. Just reminding me for the meet tomorrow.”

“Ah-ha! A meet. Isn’t a date?” So Ra pressure more.

“Nope!” She deny as she munch the chips.

 

“So, it’s you who come over or he come over to your apartment?” Ji Won asks with wag brows.

“He come over. I promise to cook the steak he like.” Shin Hye reply nonchalantly as she keeps munching.

Both of So Ra and Ji Won nods constantly while keep their eye at Shin Hye.

 

“Yah!” She yells as she feels uncomfortable with their stares. “What wrong?”

 

So Ra let out her chuckles as she shakes her head, with her glares at Shin Hye. “Ten month already Park Shin Hye. And you guys, what? Best friend? A man and a woman. Are we watching platonic drama?”

“What’s the matter with our friendship?” She stares at So Ra with blinking eye.

“Huh, what friendship? Do you really don’t have feeling towards him?”

She pause her eye at So Ra with pouty lip as she gulps, helpless under So Ra question.

Ji Won let out her giggles watching Shin Hye who trap under So Ra. The truth is both of them notices that she actually has feeling towards Siwon and the evidence can be seen clearly as she always need him by her side, keeps mentioning him and they even contacting, messaging each other like a boyfriend-girlfriend.

 

“Come on babe! If you’re not plays hard to get since beginning, the situation totally different now.” So Ra blurts out.

“Yeah, he did try at first. But, it’s you’re the one who keeps ignoring, as like you don’t understand he is flirting with you.” Ji Won add. “We see that clearly, he has interest on you.”

“Because he is an artist, not a professional as you wish. That’s the main reason of your ignorance, am I right?” So Ra add more, which she understand very well Shin Hye perspective towards her perfect man.

 

“It’s not like that.” Shin Hye utter weakly with her pouting lip.

“So, what is it?” So Ra pressure her.

 

 “Aishhh! Then what should I do now? You want me suddenly go to him and tell ‘I love you, I need you!’”

Shin Hye shuts her eye as she leans her back at the sofa before exhales deeply.

“I never expect something like this will happen. The more I know him, the longer I’m with him, then only I realizes I really need him by my side. Not as a friend only.”

 

“The border, you are the one who set it. You’re the one who declare you guys as best friend. So what you expect him to do? He just follow the rule.” So Ra reminds with her shrug shoulder. 

 

Shin Hye keeps her eye at So Ra as her minds flooded with many things. So Ra was right, it’s her who set the border. The reason? It’s not because she don’t have feeling towards him, the professional job and stability also has not becomes the issue now. The truths is, she was scared. She was scared to lose him!

She was scared to lose him if the relationship not working out and they break up. Based on her experience, break up goes one or two ways.

Pretend to stay friend; or Drift apart

Both things that she don’t want it to happen and the biggest reason why she not dare to move on with the relationship. Imagining the breakup she experienced, already makes her feels how bad is the heartbreak if the situation really happen between her and Siwon. For sure they will become awkward to each other, and the worst part they still seeing each other due to the work purposes. 

 

“I’m single again, now. And he just begins with his new date, again.” Shin Hye utter weakly. “The time always lagging like that. Are we completely wrong for each other?”

She let out her heavy sighs, frustrated a bit.

The timing always been off between them, as like a tease. Last time, when he done dating a model, she was in touch with very nice guy named Yoo Yeon Seok, before breaks up a month later, which is the truth he is a jerk who hitting for stable career woman, for his sake of his job. Then, when he date a writer that he met at one of his free talk and breaks up just few weeks later due to different interest, she was in relationship with Choi Jin Hyuk, a lawyer, who she dated until last week. They just break up and she not even has time to share the news with Siwon yet, when he suddenly text her last night telling that he starts seeing someone and on the way to his dinner date.

 

“Ottoke?” She whines childishly as she lay on the sofa. “Am I crazy now?”

“Just go for it. Tell him.” So Ra speaks up.

“Huh? What do you means? Isn’t it makes me looks desperate here?” She turns to So Ra while hugging a cushion.

“Do you think I’m that crazy and shameless? I know and very sure that he has the same feeling for you. Maybe it just the timing is not right yet, at the moment.” So Ra explains. “Why don’t you take the first move now? Give a hint at least.”

 

“Yes babe, make the first move, but in a nice way. Not that desperate move. We are not that kind of woman. No, no, no!” Ji Won gesture with her finger and cheeky grins.

Shin Hye keeps her stares at both of her BFF before pulls into sitting position and grabs her Iphone on the table.

“Then, how should I reply this?” She shows the phone screen to them, let them read the message from Siwon.

 

Both of them curls up their smiles as they read it and moves their eye at her.

“Miss you too darling!” Ji Won playfully give her answer with seducing tones.

“Can’t wait to kiss and hugging you!” So Ra adds with her flirty gestures, hugging and kissing Ji Won cheek, purposely teasing Shin Hye, before she and Ji Won burst out their laugh.

 

“Yah!!” Shin Hye throw the cushion to them before throw her back at the sofa with folded arm as she stares at them with sulky face and pouty lip.

“See… I told you! The poor guy, he liiiiikes you!” Ji Won point her finger flirtingly to Shin Hye with teasing grins.

 

“Okay, okay!” So Ra speaks up in between her giggles. “Don’t take it as pressure. Just go with the flow and your effort. He just dating the girl now, not yet marry her. You know him longer than her, you understand him very well too.”

So Ra inhales.

“Just spend your time with him, as usual, and leads to the talk. Maybe a talk about relationship, to get the ideas on how he see about his future, relationship and marriage. At least you can get his view on it and notice how serious he is in that kind of matter. Well, since he also not that younger anymore. He should have thought to settle down by his age now.”

Ji Won nodding as her agree with So Ra explanation. “And, you know what, you have key to that!”

She shrieked in excited.

“Your amazing hand! You owns that specialties in cooking, which he always craving for your cooks.”

So Ra nods this time. “Your cooks is something that he always to die for.”

 

“So?” Shin Hye asks with her clueless.

“So, use the delicious food as your secret weapons. Happy tummy lead to happy person! Hehehe. And will lead to happy talking.” So Ra explains.

“And probably happy…. Ehemm…Too.” Ji Won grins naughtily.

“Stop with your naughty thoughts Ji Won-ah.” Shin Hye throws one piece of chip to her.

“What? I’m talking the truth.” Ji Won pick the chip and eat it before she let out her tongue to Shin Hye.

 

“Stop it you two choding! The most important is, let yourself into him babe! Can you stop with your imaginary perfect man that you have in your minds.” So Ra nags at her. “It’s not about money and perfection, my dear.”

“An artist is y too!” Ji Won winks at her. “Especially this one!”

 

Shin Hye glued her eye for long second at both of them who assuring her, before spread her wide cheeky smile as she imagine how y Siwon as like Ji Won mentions just now.

“Okay!” She cheered in joy as she pulls up one drink can. “Cheers! Good luck to Gorgeous Park Shin Hye!”

So Ra and Ji Won shakes their head with giggles upon her spontaneous cute acts, before joining her.

“Cheers for our gorgeous smocking hot Babe!” Ji Won cheekily spills her cheers.

“Yeah!” Three of them cheered happily.

 

And with that, Shin Hye grabs her Iphone, replying the message from Siwon, before looks up at So Ra and Ji Won with her mischievous grins.

“What was with that smile? What are you replying? Let me see.” So Ra asks with interest as she feels curious with Shin Hye acts.

“Nothing!” Shin Hye answers as she get up and heads to the kitchen, precisely the refrigerator.

 

“Park Shin Hye!” So Ra yells while quickly follows her. “Let me see!”

Shin Hye turns to her with tongue sticking out, taking out one container of ice cream and walk again to the living room, while Ji Won laughing watching their bickering.

 

“Babe, what do you say to him? Tell us.”

“It’s a secret!”

 

“Yah, is this your way to pay us for the advice just now?”

“Aren’t we are BFF? We give and take to each other.”

 

“Babe, you should share it with us. You’re suspicious to me with that smile.”

“What smile? I always smile.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter