~ Best friend?

It's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

          Kim Ji Won sitting with her boyfriend, Jung Ill Woo in a ridiculously romantic restaurant, with incredible view of the city lights in Seoul. She glances slightly at his fantastic navy-blue suit before pause her eye at his face, as she stares into his sparkle eye today, as telling her that he is really in a good mood tonight. Despite the romantic dinner, the amazing view and definitely charming boyfriend that she has, she looks down at her empty finger – there is no ring at her finger. Not a usual ring for fashion purposes but a ring that telling the world that she’s taken. She inhales deeply as she stares at her ring finger before looks up again at Ill Woo in front of her who excitedly telling funny story about one of his client.

 

Ill Woo laugh cut off her deep thought as she instantly looks at him with clueless face.

“Are you okay dear? You seem… distant.” He asks with his frown brows as he reaches her hand on the table and caresses it.

“Sorry.” She curls up her tiny smile. “I’m fine. I… Just… I was just thinking how happy So Ra and Ju Hwan.

She looks up at him.

“It’s pretty amazing after only one year together and now counting days for their marriage.”

She blurts out her thought that flooded in her minds. She can’t deny that she was a bit affected with that, since she already tied in a relationship with Ill Woo for three years and still don’t have any clue when they will settle down. And each time she starts the talking, it will end up with their bickering.

 

“Here it comes.” He speaks up as he leans his back at the chair while at the same time slowly let go the hand hold.

She understands what his means but pretend unknown. “Here what comes?”

He looks at her, sending the message that ‘I know you know’.

 

“Isn’t marriage is wonderful, oppa?” She takes the chances again to get into the talking. “We should think about getting married. Can’t you imagine we’d have the cutest children?” She utter softly with her tender smile.

He sit uncomfortably on the chair as he clear his throat before leans forward and playfully touch her nose. “Trying to give me ideas?”

Ji Won feels sick with the way he always tries to run off the subject. She pushes his hand away. “I wasn’t doing anything. I just telling you how happy they looked.”

 

“Okay, now you’re mad. I’m sorry.”

“I’m not mad. I’m tired!” She let out her exactly feelings inside her. “It’s been there years.”

She presses her anger at the ending part – three years.

 

“Dear… I’m just not there yet.” Come out his answer to be exactly always the same answer that she heard, each time.

“Three years.” Her voice rising. “When are you going to be there? How long it takes? Five years? Six, Seven? Twenty?”

She glares at him, unsatisfied with his unreasonable answer.

“Give me a number. So I know what my options are.” Finally she blurts out with her rise up but yet a shaking voice, as she grips her hand tightly at the napkin, controls herself with the anger that pushing her patient.

 

Ill Woo feels shocks as he heard that, but at the same time self-consciously looking around the restaurant before leans forward to Ji Won. “Dear, please don’t do this?”

She makes effort to keep her voice low, but still with the anger. “Seriously oppa, what is it going to take? What special ‘moment’ has to happen that you suddenly realize that you really LOVE me and that you want to spend the rest of your life with me?”

She shoots him with dangerous glare with her questions.

 

There’s a silent for seconds. He is looking down, staring at the table cloth as he exhales heavily while she keep her gazes at him, waiting for the reasoning answer.

 

“I don’t have the answer.” He replies weakly before looks up at her. “Dear, can we just have a nice dinner? Do we have to have this fight again tonight?”

She sighs heavily upon hearing his reply and turns to her side, to the beautiful view outside. She hates to go through this, every time they have this kind of talking. She is not sure either he doesn’t know how this matter important to her, or he actually doesn’t care about it at all.

 

Ill Woo gently takes Ji Won hand. “I have an early birthday present for you, my dear.”

He speaks up softly to her while his other hand fishes in his pocket. Her eye follows his move as she suddenly feels nervous, which she feels a rushing surge of hope that he will pull out a square-shaped velvet box – a ring box!

Opposite to her expectation, he takes out a travel magazine with a smile as he hands it to her. “Here. Go to the page with the post-it.”

He tells.

She looks at the magazine with weird looks, before hesitantly yet frustrated taking it. She flips through the magazine, before she stops at the page with post-it with surprise. It’s an article about Bora Bora, and with the beautiful pictures of the scenery there.

“It’s beautiful.” She utter in her confuse while go through the page, still don’t get the ideas.

“We’re going.” He replies. “For ten days. It’s starting from the day after So Ra wedding.” He explains with wide smile.

 

“You got off work?” She asks with disbelieves and excited. Ill Woo works all the time. They haven’t gone for a vacation, not even once in these two years.

“I think we need a vacation. I think I need to take some time for us just to be alone. Only us. Together and reconnect.” He answers to her curious. “I love you. But I feel it seems we have been drifting apart lately.”  

Now, she understand with the dinner, the perfect dine restaurant and his good mood tonight. And now, she feels guilty with their bickering earlier. She curls up her smiles before she stands up and gives him a big hug. “I love you too. And I love it too, thanks oppa.”

“I love you so much!” He reply with a hug to her, and peck on her cheek while she slowly pulls away and back to her seat with her blush yet happy smile.

 

In just seconds, the moment change when suddenly Ill Woo looks over her shoulder and he turns pale, as like he sees something scary- like a ghost.

Confuse and eager to know, Ji Won turns to her back, to where he looks before she see a strikingly beautiful woman staring at him near to the podium. She is stunning, as like a celebrity or model, and maybe a few years older than her, at the same age with Ill Woo probably. He turns 33 this year.

“What?” She turns to him with the question as she can sense there is connection between him and that woman.  

“Huh… Oh, it’s nothing.” He clears his throat. “Just a client. I did her divorce a few months ago. I’ll be right back.”

Instantly, he throws his napkin on the table and quickly rushes to that woman.  

 

She follows his movement with her eye, and she’s very sure that the woman thrilled to run into him before quickly giving him a tight hug, and moving in for a kiss – a kiss at his lip!

She watch Ill Woo try to pull away uncomfortably, and then peck the woman’s cheek demurely, which in response the woman looks a little confuse yet shock with his reaction.

Then, she looks at Ji Won, and looks pissed before Ill Woo gently takes her hand, and both of them talking. Eventually, the woman look at her, inquisitively, before pulls her hand away from him, then leaves the restaurant while he get back to the table. She follows the woman steps, until she’s out of her sight.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t get a chance to introduce you to her. She in a rush, so she just leaving. Where were we?” He speaks up as he takes his seats.

She looks straight at him, staring into his eye. “I don’t think you have a normal client-lawyer relation with her.”

She blurts out spontaneously.

“You’re sleeping with her, aren’t you?” She throws the bombs as she balled both her hand into fist, clench it tightly as she control her anger. She doesn’t understand why she says that. It just tumbles out from after watching their weird ‘drama’ minutes ago. She can sense something was not right with them.

 

“What?” He replies while looking around the restaurant again. “Why do you say that?”

“Huh!” She throws down the napkin as she let out her chuckles. “Am I a kid to you? I saw it just now, and I don’t think I get the idea wrongly.”

She clenched her teeth with her evil eye on him.

“Do you want to get married or not?”

 

“What?” Again the same reply from him.

“Wow! This is just wow!” He is exactly stunned with her sudden outburst. “Because I’m not ready to get married, somehow I’m now cheating on you?”

He already can read what was in her minds. He let out his chuckles as he leans to the chair with pursed lip as he keeps his eye on her.

 

She sneer annoyingly before open to answer him, but before she able to do it, suddenly a woman stand beside her. She harshly grabs the wine glass and in seconds a tidal wave of red wine flies past her and hit Ill Woo face, deadly.

Ji Won turns to her side, and yes, it’s the woman earlier, with an empty glass in hand.

“Bull liar!” She spits out angrily at him before turns on her heels and marches away, leaving both of them.

 

Ji Won still stunned with the situation as her jaw drops as she witness it. But, it sending the message directly to her that what she assume earlier was right. Exactly right! She turns to Ill Woo who wiping his face clean with the napkin, staring at him before she knock her sense as she swallows hard, trying hard to accept the reality. Slowly, she gets up with her jelly feet, without breaking the eye contact as like telling him, ‘I knew it. No need to explain.’

 

“Dear, I …”

Spontaneously, she pulls up her hand, gesture him to stop with her palm and give her dangerous glares to him, without saying a single word.

“I’ll explain…” He can’t finish his words when flying wine hit his face again. Yes, she doing the same like the woman doing just now.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter