late introductions

smoke and misunderstandings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun couldn’t stop himself. The thoughts of the curious boy that he had one brief encounter with wouldn’t pause in his mind - they were a stream: a steady flow.

It was those lips that curved and arched so delicately. And those eyes that made him appear so doe-like and small. But, even more so than his lips or his eyes, it was what he did that caused him to be so day dream worthy. Stirring up his imagination and filling it with lonesome mid-afternoon thoughts.

That boy Baekhyun had met seemed so collected within himself. From his calm remarks to his still body language, everything was completely composed. What did he do that chased that unruffled boy out into the rain?

Those moments, when he was sitting on the bench and the heavy sounds of the shower added for background noise were all strung up in his head – replaying. He could nearly feel the sloshing of his wet socks against the soles of his shoes. He shivered, just as he had done before so intensely out in that cold day when he decided to skip his classes. With that boy keeping him unprompted company.

Then, the only thing Baekhyun could think of was when was he going to see him again?

When he arrived at the door of his apartment he began shuffling through his pockets to find his key. Nothing. Baekhyun groaned. He gave his neighbor a spare key, just in case of emergencies such as this; but, he glanced over to his neighbor’s door, eyeing the accumulation of news letters and papers at its foot. He sighed remembering that his neighbor had moved out a few weeks ago. Baekhyun rattled and pulled at his door handle in frustration, then slid his back down its smooth surface to sit, defeated.  

He leaned his head back against his door. He could call his girlfriend, but didn’t feel like causing her any trouble. There was also his friend Sehun, who he could call for help, and didn’t mind causing trouble – but he was still stuck in his reel of thoughts of that nameless boy.

Baekhyun’s eyes opened to a kick at his feet. He opened his eyes and groggily rubbed them with his hands. He looked up and his heart immediately began pumping extensive amounts blood; it was him, standing over Baekhyun.

“What are you doing here?” Baekhyun immediately said, almost shouting.

The boy walked around him, carrying a box, “I should be as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter