heart shaped lips

smoke and misunderstandings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun was soundly sitting in class, drowning out the professor in low hums and mindless doodling, lines gliding and swirling beneath his pen. Those long curves pricked and pried to remind him of something pretty: those heart shaped lips. Then he was lost within himself – because thinking of Kyungsoo was endless as long as your imagination was. And for Kyungsoo, Baekhyun’s was extensive. For Kyungsoo, his imagination was an abyss with no edges. No bottom, top, right, left; just spans and spans of space. And it was filled with him, in all of his enigmatic appeal. So through his thoughtless doodling and his fascination with Kyungsoo, all he could do was picture those lips.

So prettily.

.

“Baekhyun.”

He was walking to the nearest study hall when someone called his name and with a backpack resting on his shoulders, he turned around to the voice.

“Oh, hi.” He found himself looking at her.

“It’s been a while.”

More than a while.

It had been 5 months since he had seen that cascading hair.

“Yeah, I guess it has.”

She smiled. It was still lovely.

“So how are things with-”

“Kyungsoo. And we’re good, we fit.” Baekhyun said, filing the gap in her sentence.

“Good. I’m glad you’re happy together.”

Baekhyun paused.

“-oh.”

“Yeah.”

“Happy.”

“He’s happy.”

Baekhyun almost fell over - words were striking the back of his memory. Etching themselves in a way that made his eyes blotchy with white spots.

D.O Kyungsoo

Vortioxetine Hydrobromide 

“It’s easy to be happy with you, Baekhyun.” She said.

Take once by mouth daily

“It really is.”

6 more refills remaining

Baekhyun frowned. He thought of all the late night coffee and trouble he and Kyungsoo had caused each other. About the one time Baekhyun spilled an entire bottle of Kyungsoo’s creamer all over his carpet, stressing the younger boy out so badly that he had to escape to the balcony to smoke. About the time when Kyungsoo tired to make pancakes for them for breakfast as a surprise; however, him dropping the pans loudly on the floor, waking Baekhyun up, faulted the sweet gesture. And when Baekhyun was craving ice cream at 3AM, Kyungsoo went to the store and bought some for him in only his pj’s. Or when they would eat ramyun together for lunch on lazy Sundays when neither of them could bear going out. And Kyungsoo would always say “It tastes better when you share.” It really did. And all those times, no matter how inconveniencing or completely ordinary, they always smiled.

And Baekhyun had thought that they were happy.

But that white bottle was painting itself in his mind, with slow, unmerciful brushstrokes. Ones that hit the canvas hard, scraping and grinding their way into his thou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter