Christmas: Just roomates and , he just pulled a me

smoke and misunderstandings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Bumps formed on his skin. The cold was enclosing Baekhyun in the most ruthless way, seeping past the protection of his thick blankets and comforting layers of clothing. He groaned harshly in the back of his throat; it was such a pain and the thermostat had been broken and useless since the fall. It wasn't such a big deal back then, with mild weather gladly accompanying them; but now, the depths of winter had struck them. And how they regretted their negligence of fixing it. Sure, it saved them from the money, the multiple phone calls, and the strange looks they would receive when repair men saw their living arrangements. They were two men living together after all - and with only one bed in sight. A shiver carried from Baekhyun's shoulders down to his feet, making his toes curl numbly. Too early to wake up, but too cold to sleep, somehow his half-conscious clouded mind found a solution in the body lying to his side. He raked his arms through the tangled blankets and sheets, lazily pawing at the opposing fabrics. Baekhyun whined as he scooted himself on the bed and pressed his body to the younger boy sleeping soundly next to him.

"Baekhyun, get off." Kyungsoo groaned, shoving the other boy's head aside while pulling the blankets to snuggle closer upon his frigid shoulders.

"No." He shook his head, though unseen by Kyungsoo he could feel it and how locks of Baekhyun's soft honey colored hair would brush against his neck, tickling it in the gentlest of ways.

Baekhyun breathed against the younger boy's neck, "I'm cold, aren't you?"

"I wasn't cold until you woke me up with your snuggling." Kyungsoo said, his reply just as cold as the air around them.

"Most people wouldn't be complaining right now, Kyungsoo."

A scoff was the only return of words Baekhyun received, but he still was pleased.

Because in that moment Kyungsoo turn his body, allowing arms and legs to sweetly tangle with Baekhyun's and though he told himself it was for the warmth - he knew that it was a lie.

Because they were kind of still there at that point - they were liars.

But only about each other.

    It was only occasionally denying each other though. And It wasn't all bad. It was more of shrugging at their relationship to those around them then contently traveling home with each other. To the same bed.     

    But their lies were seen through, like skin seen through semi-sheer tights one would wear on an autumn day. To others, it was as hidden as Baekhyun and Kyungsoo smiling knowingly and playfully saying 'oops!', over something that completely was not an accident.

Once, Baekhyun had deemed them as, "just roommates," to an old friend he had encountered on a misty evening just outside their apartment.

Where they had that night.

And Kyungsoo scowled at the fact that Baekhyun had said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter