Christmas pt. 2: It didn't even suit him.

smoke and misunderstandings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun sighed, closing his reference book on a pen that was meant to keep his place in the most unsturdy of ways. His blinks were a struggle, his eyelids dragging against his dry eyes with resistance, burning the more they delicately fluttered close. Staring at his paper too much, he supposed. Rubbing his eyes and face, he turned his wrist to check the time. 12:03am. And Kyungsoo still wasn't home. His eyes, still watery and stinging, fell upon the date with a blink; a small, almost unreadable square that laid daintily upon the round face of his watch. It was the 23rd. And he would have liked to say that he forgot all about that request to go on a date with Kyungsoo. But instead, he assumed his Christmas, like his previous days, would be spent alone.

How he would have liked to forget that (a bit too) easily disregarded request.

Somewhere within his dreams, in a memory that danced inside a head that rested upon the smooth surface of his reference book, Baekhyun recalled an unfamiliar face of Kyungsoo. Eyes filled with tears. Uncertain tears mixed with his crackling voice. Words spilling and spilling out of those heart shaped lips, lips that were trembling. Yes, it was undeniably an unfamiliar face of Kyungsoo. His Kyungsoo, the one who got jealous of his best friend, Sehun, the first time he had ever encountered him. The one who was now spending his time with someone else. Someone who seemed to make him forget about time. Was it his turn to get jealous? Beakhyun supposed it was. Because that face of his, the one he displayed whilst walking with Kai, was cracking that previous, image of Kyungsoo that Baekhyun was hanging onto so desperately.

Jealous.

It didn't even suit him.

Beakhyun blinked, the stinging feeling in his eyes still eagerly present. His eyes watered, or were they tears? He questioned himsel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter