stay cloudy

smoke and misunderstandings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyungsoo’s hands trembled as his fingers danced around the plastic covered pack of cigarettes, he let out a shaky breath, not knowing whether the jitteriness of his hands were from withdrawal or guilt. Because he thought of Baekhyun and his first words: “You really shouldn’t be doing that.” He grunted in frustration to himself, receiving questioning glances from strangers passing by. Why was he even concerning himself with those words? He ripped the plastic off the rectangular box with hungry eyes. As he lit the cigarette held securely between his fingers and inhaled, he remembered. Because he liked him, right. Smoke trailed out of the opening of his mouth. Kyungsoo sighed and tossed the remaining carton of cigarettes into the bin beside him. It was just so unsatisfying now. 

Still the one trapped between the edges of his fingers was lit. So he might as well – inhale; exhale.

People did stare at him when he smoked. All with identical unimpressed, disappointed looks. “You’re going to get lung cancer and it’s all your fault” looks. It was in their eyes, how they would become darker when they spotted him with a cigarette in hand, how the perimeter of their irises became hard and sharp. But still, glares from meaningless strangers wouldn’t make him stop. They were just looks. They only lasted for moments. However, Baekhyun wasn’t a meaningless stranger.

And Kyungsoo definitely didn’t want him to only last for moments.

.

“Hey, Sehunnie,”

“Have you ever been in love?” Baekhyun said after strings of silence had been played between them.

He had been waiting to ask.

And Sehun nearly spit out his milk coffee bubble tea.

“Why? Why are you asking me something so personal?”

Then it was Baekhyun’s turn to hit his friend, which was a summary of how their relationship worked – taking turns beating the out of each other.

“I’m your oldest friend, you .”

“Now answer me, or I’ll never treat you to food again.”

Sehun eyed his bubble tea with a frown, “Fine I’ll tell you, but just for the bubble tea.”

“Whatever.” Baekhyun scoffed and crossed his arms, waiting on an answer.

“Yeah,” The blonde haired boy said nonchalantly.

“But it was a long time ago.”

Now Baekhyun was curious. He shifted positions in his chair, looking at Sehun as he looked away, gazing out the shop window.

“Who was it?”

Sehun snorted, “Like I’d tell you.”

“God, you’re so annoying.” Baekhyun said, then laughed - they really were best friends.

“Just tell me. It’s not like it matters anyway, if it was a long time ago.”

The other boy only continued to stare out the window like a child.

“Come on,” He urged.

“Sehunnie.”

And urged.

“Fine, hyung,”

“It was you.” He said and peeled eyes from the wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter