i'll quit.

smoke and misunderstandings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was only the first fifteen minutes of his first class of the day, but Baekhyun was already counting down the of the clock hands. Something ached in him from his stomach to his legs, begging - skip, skip. He took a stinging deep breath, well, ditching one class didn't mean a disaster of his last semester as a 2nd year university student. And it wasn't like the professors even cared whether he showed up to class or not as long as they received his wired transfer of tuition payments. 

The weather outside didn't help his mood of wanting to escape either. It was rainy and grey clouds suffocated the sky - there was hardly even a silver lining in sight. Baekhyun sighed, he forgot his umbrella and reached to the back of his neck to realize that he had no hood on his jacket. When he reached the bus stop he ducked under its protection from the rain, though at that point more water would hardly make a difference. Even the insides of his shoes were soaked and he felt disgusting.

Until he saw something else that disgusted him even more.

There was only one other person waiting for the bus along with him. And he was smoking. Baekhyun saw an accumulation of cigarette butts at the boy’s feet. He wanted to gag, just the faint smell of the cigarettes from the person next to him gave him a headache. He glanced over to the boy smoking, what was he 12? How was he even in university when he looked like he couldn't he even buy cigarettes legally in the US? He had a small frame and the hood he wore left enough of his face uncovered to let Baekhyun notice how innocent he looked. What was a innocent, small, 12-year-old looking kid doing chain smoking at a bus stop? 

"You really shouldn't be doing that. That's unhealthy you know." Baekhyun muttered, not expecting him to give him any response.

"I know." Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter