Chapter 3

Living A Nightmare

 

Kai's POV

As I crossed the corridor I gazed to my left for a second and back to the front again. "Wait.." I thought in surprise and turned towards the window on the left. I saw Naeun outside walking closer to the gate but she suddenly stopped. Although she was far away, I could tell her expression didn't look good. "What's up with her.." I couldn't stop thinking.

Naeun's POV

After class I headed to the charity event Hayoung and other students was setting up. I felt sorry that I missed the other day but that couldn't be helped. So I decided to at least give a hand today now that I have the chance to. But deep down I didn't feel like doing anything at all.. I wasn't feeling better. Maybe I should skip next class.. Just then I heard a familiar voice ahead of me. It was Hayoung.. She was putting up some posters but spotted me coming towards her.

"Naeun unnie.." She mumbled as she walked to me. I forced a smile on my face and decided to speak. "I'm sorry Hayoung for not being able to help you out although I promised I would." Hayoung was just squinting her eyes like she always does when she's worried about me. "It's alright. Just tell me where you've been. Why you didn't show up and why you didn't text me?" Hayoung added being more than curious from the expression she was giving me. "I'm sorry Hayoung but.. I had a family thing so I couldn't come to university" I replied. Hayoung was stood there with a blank expression.. "Unnie.." She called. "When did you start lying to me?" She said making my eyes widen by her words. "Ever since the end of summer I have noticed something has been on your mind. I didn't force you to tell me what as I figured you needed a little time and then come to me.. Why Naeun? Is it that huge that you can't even tell your best friend?" Hayoung almost with a pouted face asked. I was lost for words.. I would have told Hayoung anything, anything but.. How can I tell her about this? "I-I.. Can you give me a little more time..?" I said to which Hayoung sighed. "Whenever you are ready, you can tell me. But please Unnie.. Don't lie to me. Ok?" she said with her eye brows raised. I nodded and she started talking about what was left to be done. "It's alright unnie, you don't need to do anything. Everything is almost finished" Hayoung said and went to check on some work.

I was stood there, feeling bad about making Hayoung worry.. And what a mess my life was. I sighed and kept my eyes on the floor. I should skip class today.. I don't think I can take it. I slowly looked to my right to find a person staring at me from far.. It.. It was Jong..In? I completely forgot that I had talked to him.. How? Am I losing my memory? I thought to myself. He looked worried whilst looking at me and getting ready to walk towards me. I took a step back as I stared at him. He stopped his legs immediately from moving any closer as he noticed my behaviour. I didn't want to talk to him.. I didn't want to see him.. Why?.. He saw how I was that day.. Completely numb. Is that why he looks worried when he looks at me? He started taking a few steps closer again and I did the same, only the other way. He stopped again and looked confused. We were now standing 7 meters away from each other. I slowly took A few steps back and walked off as fast as I could.. "I'm sorry for running off Hayoung.."

Kai's POV

What the.. Why is she being like this? Did I do something? She's trying to avoid me, but.. For what reason? Just then she walked off leaving me standing here like a fool. I was distracted by a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see who it was and sighed in response. "Why? You don't like seeing your best friend" he said with a smirk. "What do you want?" I asked with no emotion. "Wowh.. What's up with you? Having a bad day?" Sehun asked. I sighed again and shook my head "ugh nothing.." I said whilst taking a seat beside me giving a poker face Sehun haven't seen in a very long time. "Have you seen your princess?" Sehun asked. I looked at him weirdly and responded "don't talk nonsense and go back to your girl." Sehun was a little shocked from hearing me say that. He just sighed at me, obeyed by my words and left. I was thinking hard about what to do.. Maybe I shouldn't be acting like nonsense and just g... My mind suddenly agreed to what I was thinking and I got up from my chair and ran.

Sehun's POV

W-where is he going? I thought as I caught him running down the hallway. I didn't notice that I was slowly walking forward and accidentally bombed into Hayoung making her nearly trip but I was quick to notice and grabbed her waist.. "Sorry.." I said whilst examining her shocked eyes. "It-it's okay" she responded.. I got to admit, being this close to her made me feel all sorts of things inside.. She was really pretty.. "Sehun.." I gazed down to her curved lips and then up again. "Sehun.." She called and I eyed at her for her to continue. "um.. Can you let me go now?" She said. I got back to my senses and realised what was happening. I quickly let go of her and she laughed at me. "Are you on your right state of mind today?" She said as she smiled at me. "Oh em, ehm Sorry about that" I responded. I looked so weak in front of her right now.. Aish, how stupid I am. Although she was the strong type of women, I liked that.. "Well I'll see you later then?" I said to her. She laughed lightly and nodded in response before I made my way to my last class for today. I wonder what movie we should watch..

Naeun's POV

I was already in the park where I used to cross through to get home.. Suddenly a person ran up to me from behind and stopped in front of me. I was shocked and saw that he was looking at me with a confused expression. "Yah, are you avoiding me?" He said. I didn't know what to do.. I was getting anxious from inside just wanting to be alone.. I didn't reply and tried walking passed him but that failed as he was quick to not let me. "Please, leave me alone" I said with a firm expression and walked passed him. Just then he grabbed my arm and pulled me to face him. "Why?! What did I do to you?" He said with a furious expression. I widened my eyes and let go of his eyes to meet the ground. I tried pulling my arm way from him but he was too strong. "Hey! Say something!.." He said. I looked back at him, this time with tears in my eyes. "Why? Why must you know?!" I replied. "We don't even know each other!" I said while a tear fell down my cheek. Truthfully.. I wasn't angry at him. I just wanted to be alone and not think of what had happened.. Seeing him makes me remember it. "I don't know what you think, but.. I know your name is Naeun, I know you're friends with Hayoung.. And I know that something is bothering you.. But what I don't know is why you're avoiding me!" He said. I let go of the strength in my arms while processing his words. I squinted my eyes and looked down. Without having the strength to keep it inside, I cried.. I cried in front of him. I knew he could hear me weep but I just couldn't hold it back. He let go of my arm slowly and grabbed me into a comfortable hug.. His left arm was around me with his right hand at the back of my head and tucked me in.. It was warm and comfortable.. I could feel my heart slowly rising. I suddenly stopped crying and put my arms around him.. I was so comfortable that I didn't want him to let go of me.



"It's alright.. Stay like this for as long you like.."

 




***

I'm sorry it's a little short. Thank you for reading! ^^