Chapter 6

Living A Nightmare

Kai's POV

I took a sip of the cold drink whilst sat on the couch having no interest as to what was happening around me. The sound of laughs, the smell of liquor.. I literally didn't feel like being here.. All because of Sehun who forced me to go, and would not take no for an answer. Why? Well, because today was the little reunion Sehun and the other guys from college organised. We had promised we'd have a party after we parted our separate ways to university. I don't even remember why I was actually excited about this months ago..

"Jonginn??" I heard my former classmate call. "Yah, still as handsome as always. It's been a while." He said while giving me a pat on the shoulder before throwing himself on the couch. I just laughed and nodded with a smile. "Same goes for you Baek! How's your other half?" I asked before taking another sip of my drink. He laughed it off and replied "there is no other half anymore" causing a rise in my eyebrows to appear. "We wanted different things.. Bro, take my advice. Distant relationships can make you go nuts! Stay away from it" He laughed. I just nodded and realised how much things had changed.. I felt like I had everything that would keep me satisfied when I was in college. But lately, I have been longing for more, as if something was missing.. "What about you? Seeing anyone?" He asked paying attention to his phone. I thought about it for a second and denied.. But really, there was someone who had already caught my eyes..

"Enjoying the party?" Sehun asked as he threw himself next to me. "Yah!" I growled after he accidentally hit my arm. Baekhyun just laughed it off while walking off. I was moving my glass in a circular motion while being busy with my thoughts. "Yah Jongin.." Sehun whispered into my ear giving me Goosebumps. I distant my head from him and gave him an annoyed expression. Nothing but a grin was plastered onto his face. Aish This little.. "Yah, why are you always so rude to me?" Sehun asked while leaning back with his arms crossed. I just sighed having no idea myself. "The Jongin I knew has changed a little" he spoke forming a cheeky smile on his face. I laughed at his words and shook my head. "Have you talked to her..?" Sehun asked me with a little concern on his face. I looked at him and shook my head once again.. "I don't know why she never shows up.." I said. "And the strangest thing is.. I'm starting to worry it might be really bad.." I let out whilst leaning back on the couch. "Next time you catch her don't let her go without an answer" Sehun told me and patted my back. Oh I definitely won't let her go without an answer.

"You know, Krystal has been eyeing you for quite a while" Sehun said making me turn my eyes to her seeing her sat in a corner with a few friends. As soon as she saw me, a smile appeared on her face. I gave her a half smile and turned my gaze away. Gosh.. I don't want to be here. "Sehunie, I'm gona call it a night" I said before standing up and grabbing my coat. "What? So soon?" He asked with a little pout. "Yah! I came like you told me. Let me at least leave when I want to" I replied catching his frowned nose. "Alright" he sighed. "I'll see you tomorrow" I said before walking out of the hall and out the exit door.

The sudden breeze hitting me made a shiver escape my shoulders. I walked down the stairs and started walking home. "Jongin!.." A female voice called. I turned around to see Krystal coming towards me. "You’re leaving already?" She said making a sigh escape my mouth. "I'm tired and a little busy that's why" I replied. "Then, do you wanna hang out for abit?" She asked flicking her eyelashes at me. Didn't she hear me say 'busy'? "Sorry, I gotta go" I said and turned around but before I could take a step, a pair of arms hugged me from behind. "I've missed you.." She said. I closed my eyes and mentally sighed before bringing her arms away from me. My actions made her frown and give me an annoyed expression. "You've changed Jongin.." She said. "I know" I replied and suddenly smiled.. As if I was happy about it. This Krystal had always been around me in college. I'm surprised that she decided to still have a conversation with me after I rejected her. I stepped back and waved my hands goodbye with a smile and left. Why am I suddenly so happy? I thought. It hit my heart all of a sudden and I chuckled at my thoughts. "Naeun.." I mumbled. Although I was worried about her, deep down, I was happy to have met her..


Naeun's POV

I woke up to the sound of my mother calling my name.. "Naeun-ah.. Get up" she said making my eyes open slowly. "How are you feeling?" She asked while I sat up from my bed. I sighed in response. "Not bad. Omma, is it still hurting? I asked. She didn't reply but just gave me a warm smile. As usual, I could see the pain in her expression. "I'm alright. Now get ready. You are going to your lecture today." "Please, I'll go tomorrow" I said with a pout. My mother sighed at me "come on Naeun-ah, you cannot afford to miss days" she said. She was right. I've missed another two days. But at least I texted Hayoung saying I was sick so I couldn't go.

As soon as my mother left the room I stood up from my bed. I walked towards the mirror pulling my nightdress up a little. I looked at the places with big blue marks and sighed. Hayoung better not hug me today I thought before heading for a shower, a painful shower.

I was all dressed and grabbed my bag, this time remembering to take my phone with me. As I got down, I didn't see him and was relieved he had left for work already. I saw my mother cleaning the kitchen to perfection.. After last night’s fight over the kitchen not being clean enough.. She was in pain and yet he still forced her.. I walked to my mother and helped out. "Omma, leave it. I will do the rest." Although there was not much left to do, I still wanted her to sit down and relax. "Thank you Naeun-ah.." She said making me give her a smile in response..a fake smile. Another reason why I decide to stay home is because I wanted to be here for my mother.. But that is hard since I have lectures to attend. "All done!" I said and hugged my mother lightly making sure not to hurt her fragile body. "Naeun-ah, have some breakfast before you go" she said and stood up intending to make me something. "No omma" I stopped her. "I will buy some on the way to class" I said and smiled at her. "Promise?" She spoke with her eyes clear as ever. "Promise!" I replied with my teeth out. I then closed the door behind me and walked out of the gate.. My smile vanished. My heart started to hurt and I wanted to cry so badly. It was hard, being there for my mother. Who can bear to watch their parents in pain? And all the time.. I know I sounded arrogant but I shouldn't be living this way. I should be enjoying my life but I couldn't.. All because of them! Him.. and my father. I won't forgive neither of them, ever!

I wiped away my teary eyes with my palm and entered the bakery store. "Ah Naeun-ah" the familiar ajumma's voice caught my attention. I lifted my cheekbones and walked to the till. "Ajumma! You're back" I said to which she patted my head. This ajumma used to work here but went on holiday overseas to meet her daughter-in-law.. How nice I thought and smiled at myself. "Have you been well? How is your mother doing?" she asked me. I blinked a few times and replied with a smile "she is doing alright." She knew of the divorce and marriage but of course not the secret behind it. "One bagel, ajumma" I said. "Coming right up!" She replied. Oh how I missed her.. She would bring a smile onto my face whenever we met. I'm so glad she is back. After handing me the bagel I said my goodbye and left off to university..

Kai's POV

After Sehun told me Naeun was sick I was a little relieved. Having Hayoung around can really be of use to me. I gazed through the glass from the room spotting Sehun and Hayoung standing up after enjoying their conversation. I noticed Sehun was walking towards the door and opening it. "Kai, let's eat" he said hinting me to get up from the couch. "Nah.." I replied. "you guys go.." before closing my eyes again. I really loved this couch. "Come on. We'll get something delicious this time" Sehun insisted. A sigh escaped my mouth "I'm not hungry yet, you can eat. Besides, I know you want to spend some alone time with her" I laughed. "This hyung!.. If I did then I wouldn't have asked you to come. Sigh, I'll see you later, Jongie" he said and closed the door behind him. "Gosh I hate it when he calls me that.." I muttered and pulled my cap down to my eyes. Man I love this place..

Naeun's POV

I gazed at my phone after hearing the sound of receiving a text message and checked it.

[1 unread text message]

It was from Hayoung asking if I'm feeling better. I quickly replied to it and shoved my phone in my pocket. My lecture had already finished but I had to return some books I should have returned a while ago but was unable to. I just needed to quickly get this sorted and then I can head home, I thought to myself.

As I returned the books I released a sigh and headed towards the stairs. But something caught my eyes, no, someone. I stopped at my feet and took a closer look through the glass window. It was Jongin.. He was laying on the couch with one of his legs slightly crossed and a cap hiding his face.. In this little study room at the corner. I suddenly noticed my smile and blinked a few times before covering my mouth. I was embarrassed of myself from smiling like a crazy person. But seeing his face just naturally made me smile without realising. Just then, he gently stretched his arms and moved his face a little to the side where his closed right eye could be seen. I smiled a little but still had my closed hand in front of my mouth. His eye suddenly opened slowly turning his pupils at me. I froze at that moment.. I thought he was asleep. His eye suddenly widened upon seeing me stood there about 2 metres away from the room. His position was the same but he raised his cap up slightly revealing both of his intense eyes.. My heart skipped a beat from seeing that. What am I doing? Why am I standing here looking at him sleeping? He will think I'm a crazy person! He quickly lifted himself up as if I had just startled him leaving a confused expression on his face. The moment felt so intense that his behaviour and expression send a flow of heat up my chest. I lowered my gaze and started turning around but before I could take another step, a hand grabbed my arm making me flinch a little due to the pain. I turned my face towards him.. He acted so fast.

"Naeun.." He said while looking at me with slightly shocked eyes. I was shocked by his widened eyes that I couldn't turn my eyes away from him.. It almost felt like time stood still and if I decided to look away now, I would regret it.. He took a step closer while our eyes were still locked into another.. "Where have you been..?" He asked with a husky voice. I blinked my eyes and looked down while sliding a strand of hair behind my ear in embarrassment. He suddenly grabbed my hand and before I knew it we were stood inside the study room.

He let go of my hand slowly and gestured with his hand to take a seat on the couch.. I stared at him for a few seconds and sat down onto the couch with my legs and hands together. He pulled a chair over and placed it in front of me before taking a seat. So close.. I thought. "Now tell me, where have you been?" He asked almost as if I was in trouble.. Or in the process of an interview. "I..I was sick" I replied while fidgeting with my hands. "How much?" He suddenly asked making me raise my head. "Just a.. Slight fever" I replied turning my eyes to the side. Suddenly I heard the words "liar.." Escape his mouth making me widen my eyes at him. He was staring at me intensely as if he was reading through me.. But that didn't last long as he started laughing and smiled at me. I couldn't help but slowly form a bright smile upon seeing that. I was feeling so happy all of a sudden that I didn't notice. "Yah! Son Naeun. Are you mocking me?" He asked to which I shyly covered my mouth. "Do you feel better?" "Ah.. yeah" I replied. He sighed slightly as if he was relieved by hearing me say that.. Was he worried about me? He shot his eyes at me making me raise my forehead a little.. "Let's eat" he said before standing up. I quickly stood up and denied. "No. I-I was actually just leaving.. I'm a little busy.." I replied while meeting his eyes. "I don't care. Let's go" he said with a poker face while grabbing his bag and putting his cap on. What am I supposed to say now.. "Please, Jongin. I can't.." But before I could finish my sentence he stepped closer to me until I could feel his breath making me lose my words.. "I'm not letting you go before you eat. That's final" he said and stepped away to open the door gesturing me with his head to go first.. I found out today that this person can be very stubborn. I finally nodded and did as I was told.

Sorry omma.. I'll be quick.

 

***

Thank You for reading ^^ Please vote, it really motivates me to write further :)

Oh and I will update 'Journey of Hearts' soon, sorry for being lazy with that story >,<" but I Will update soon.