Chapter 8 (1/2)

Living A Nightmare

Kai's POV

Three days have passed after the argument and as strange as it seemed I think I wasn't worrying about her anymore.. I didn't care for some reason because I knew she didn't want me to.. I was walking up the stairs with Sehun by my side and I caught a familiar figure heading down until she stopped in front of me. I looked up and it was Naeun. I could tell by her face that she was surprised to see me in front of her.. I didn't react to her and just walked passed as if I never knew her.. I sighed and continued walking before Sehun caught my attention.

"Yah Jongin hyung! What was that?" Sehun asked me in confusion. "What..?" I exhaustedly replied. "Did you just ignore Naeun..?" He asked me. "Yes! Why? Can't I?!" I replied in annoyance and continued walking with my hands in my pockets. "This hyung..? Yah! Why did you do that? Did something happen between you two?" Sehun asked. I stopped at my feet and turned to the worry looking Sehun before sighing. "Yes! Something happened. Happy? So stop asking further! You are banned from bringing up her name. Got that?" I replied and turned to start walking but stopped "ah and also.." I said and looked back at Sehun who had his eyebrow raised in suspicion. "Don't you dare tell Hayoung about this alright? Or you're dead!" I let out before walking off to my meeting. I knew that came out a little harsher than usual but I just didn't want to talk about it. To be honest.. I didn't know if I had actually stopped worrying about her. The only thing I was sure of was the fact that my attitude had changed slightly.. And it annoyed the heck out of me.

Naeun's POV

He ignored me.. He walked passed me as if we had never spoken. The uninterested face he gave me.. My heart was sinking upon his figure leaving my sight. I closed my eyes for a few seconds before breathing in slightly and continued to walk down. I stepped down from the last stairs and held onto the stair holder.

Did I make a mistake? Should I not have said that? I sighed as I remembered the slap that I gave him.. The look on his face, after seeing that breaks me into pieces every time I think of it. I was desperate to have someone like him by my side.. Especially when I had a tough time.

I walked through the park spotting the bench where we sat and he comforted me.. He never meant me any harm.. All he did was worry about me and making sure I was alright. Why did I do that? I squat down on my knees and buried by face. The tears I had tried to hide finally came out.. I was sobbing and feeling guilty for everything I had done and just by the look on his expression the strength of wanting to talk to him disappeared every time. For a moment I realised my life seemed more pointless than it was before I met him, and it hurt.

I suddenly felt a hand on my back which startled me. I looked up to see a tall figure in front of me. He squatted down next to me and as soon as I saw his face I widened my eyes..

"It's alright.. Don't cry" he spoke and patted my back. I blinked a few times but although he told me not to cry.. For some reason I cried even more. I didn't want to show him this side of me but I just couldn't hold it in.

"Naeun.. Can we talk?" He asked me and I wiped away my tears before meeting his eyes. He looked slightly worried and I felt like I needed someone like him by my side right now. I nodded and he stood up and brought his hand down to me.. I slowly grabbed it and stood up through the strength in his arms. I let go straight after standing on my feet and he guided me to the bench on the side. I knew it was time for some serious answering and for some reason I wanted to let it out all of sudden.. I couldn't possibly make a mistake again and I wasn't going to..

Kai's POV

I walked out after finishing my meeting and straightaway put my headphones on. I wanted to avoid everything.. And I didn't like it. But before I could play the music the sound of a female voice calling my name caught my attention. I turned around spotting that familiar figure coming towards me with a smile. "Hey Jongin-shi" she greeted and I greeted her back with a nod. "Have you seen Sehun?" She asked and I was surprised by her question. "Didn't he meet with you?" I asked her and she shook her head. "No..? We were supposed to but he didn't show up. He isn't replying to my calls either. Why does it feel like he's turning into Naeun unnie.. haha" She replied and I flickered my eyes at her. "That's strange.." I muttered. He was supposed to meet her after I walked off.. I hope my outburst didn't get to him. "Wait, I'll try calling him" I said and dialled his number. After a few seconds it disconnected. "Eh?" I let out. Did he just ignore my call? "What is it?" Hayoung asked and I chuckled at her. "Sorry, he's not answering." "Ah.. Alright. Atleast it's not just my calls" she replied being a little relieved by that. I started wondering why he didn't show up and why he didn't answer my call.. Strangely, I've got to admit.. I was a little worried.

"Well.. It's okay Jongin-shi, I'll try again later" she said and I nodded with a smile before getting ready to head our separate ways. "Hayoung, do you have a lecture to attend?" I asked her. "No I don't why?” She said and I replied "shall we try finding Sehun then?" as I gave her a smile. She laughed at me and nodded "alright!" before we started walking down the hallway. My smile vanished and I scrunched my eyebrows still thinking of what has gotten into Sehun. I just sighed and put on my headphones turning the music on to the lowest volume knowing Hayoung was right beside me.

"So you like Sehun?" I let out all of a sudden while my eyes never left the front view. I could tell that she was shocked by my question and she chuckled slightly upon that. I turned to face her and smiled a little and she scrunched her eyebrows at me giving me that look. "Don't tell him please.." She said and smiled. I laughed and sighed "your secret is safe with me."

We reached out the building and I stopped at my feet looking around. Aish he couldn't possibly have gone home right.. "Jongin-shi" Hayoung said. "Yeah?" I replied while still looking hoping for that person to catch my sight. "You like Naeun unnie right?" I heard her say and I turned my gaze to her. "Heh?" I muttered and coughed slightly upon hearing her say that. "I know so don't deny it okay?" She spoke clearly and laughed. "Aish.." I sarcastically sighed. "The weather seems pretty nice considering it's autumn.. Why don't we go for a walk?" Hayoung asked and I nodded in return and so we started walking.

"Thank you for taking care of Naeun unnie.." Hayoung said causing me to raise my eyebrows at her. "I feel that she has become livelier after meeting you." I was surprised by her words.. So Naeun was happy with my presence? "I always seemed to be suspicious of her for some reason as if she was hiding something from me.." Hayoung said to which I turned my gaze at her. "Really?.." I said as I started thinking. "Yeah.. she started becoming awkward since the end of summer. But I guess she just needed someone like you by her side?" Hayoung said and sighed in relief.

My instinct was telling me something and I couldn't help but worry a little more.. Since the end of summer? I wondered. Could it have something to do with her injury.. "What are you thinking of?" Hayoung interrupted my thoughts and I raised my eyebrows. "Oh nothing." She laughed at it. I decided to stop thinking about it but was interrupted by her words again. "You know.. There's something Naeun is keeping from me" Hayoung said and I looked at her in surprise. "Really..? What?" I asked although I had a feeling I think I knew.. "I don't know.. She said she couldn't tell me yet. Sigh.. I wonder if she'll ever tell me" Hayoung said and stretched her arms. I scrunched my eyebrows thinking into it.. I was so annoyed all of a sudden because of not being able to put the pieces together. I needed to know more..

Before I knew it we were already in the park and it calmed me down a little. "You and Sehun seem to be doing fine?" I said making a chuckle escape Hayoung's mouth. "Well.. I guess. He's very nice to me" she replied. Yeah, I've noticed that too.. "Although he can be the most annoying person on earth.." I spoke as clear as ever.. "He’s a very thoughtful and worrying person" while squinting my eyes. She turned to look at me and I did the same. "That Sehun is always worrying about his hyung.. He's a good friend" surprisingly left my mouth and at that instant I felt guilty for the way I treated him earlier. Hayoung chuckled at me "that's nice to know."

I was surprised to find myself smiling slightly while I closed my eyes letting the light wind hit my cheeks. I opened my eyes which turned to the bench ahead of me. I stopped at my feet and widened my eyes at what I was seeing.. My smile vanished and I let my headphones slide down to rest on my neck. "Sehun.. oppa.." Hayoung muttered.

His hand was on the edge of her shoulder and I blinked a couple of times before moving my legs slowly and picked up my pace..


What the hell is this..?!

 
***

Thanks so much for the nice comments!! :) Since there are two parts I'll update faster.