Chapter 8 (2/2)

Living A Nightmare

Sehun's POV

Although I knew who made her this way.. I was still surprised to see her that hurt. The fact that Jongin ignored her sent shivers down my spine, and I knew, the situation seemed worse than one would think. I, as Jongin's best friend, knew best. So I followed her and watched her breakdown in the middle of the park.. Sobbing by herself. Jongin.. What did you do to make her this way..?

As I got her to calm down and take a seat in front of me I knew I needed to do something to break the heavy atmosphere.

"Naeun.. I don't know what Jongin did to you but you need to know, he cares about you more than you think.." I said and watched her widen her teary eyes at me. I sighed.. "He can be the meanest, the rudest person on earth. I repeat! The most RUDEST person on earth.. But, I know that when he feels worried, annoyed, and sad he expresses it through his anger.." She blinked a couple of times and wiped her eyes before me. "R-really..?" She asked and I nodded with a light smile. "So don't feel bad! Although Jongin's a little tough to get through, I promise you.. As long as you show Jongin your honesty, your true self.. He’ll never do anything to hurt you" I said and smiled from being surprised myself at what I had just said. Surprisingly she started to form a smile onto her lips and looked at me with watery eyes.. "Thank you.." She muttered and wiped her eyes. My phone I had placed on the table vibrated and I checked to see it was from Jongin. I denied it and looked up at Naeun.

"If you want. I can give him a little taste of revenge?" I sarcastically said to which she shook her head. "Sehun.. Jongin didn't do anything" she said making me raise my eyebrows at her before she continued. "It was me.. I made Jongin like that.." I blinked a few times and slammed my hand on the bench catching her startling face. "Well then.. You definitely won't have anything to worry about. Just apologise and tell him why you did what you did.. And he'll be back to normal!" I said while feeling embarrassed of what I had let out before. She looked down and continued "I can't tell him.." "Eh?.. Why?" I asked curiously. "I can't even tell Hayoung.. How can I tell Jongin?" She asked as she looked up at me. This girl is more difficult than I thought.. "Can you tell me? I asked and her eyes widened. "That.. I-" I stopped her right there. "Naeun. Don't make people worry about you.. Sometimes, no matter what it might be or what consequence it might have, you need to be honest" I told her straightforwardly and her eyes that were plastered onto me never left my site. I put my hand on her shoulder.. "It'll be fine" I smiled and she gave me a light smile mouthing the words 'thank you' due to her emotions coming back.. "You're welc-" but before I could continue a familiar figure grabbed Naeun's hand making her look up in shock. It was Jongin..

I watched him grab her hand pulling her up from the seat as he stared at me with those scary eyes of his and ran off with her.. I sighed and rolled my eyes until I caught a figure not so far away.. "Hayoung.." I muttered and stood up with a surprised expression. I forgot.. Was what came into my mind then. But why did her face seem disappointed to me for some reason? I was about to give her a smile but just then, In a split second, her eyes let go of my sight and she turned around before walking off.. Leaving me absolutely confused. Did she just ignore me? I turned my head to the other direction where the latter ran off to and then back to Hayoung's back. My eyes widened due to what just crossed my mind.. No! "Oh crap" I cursed and ran off to the direction she left.

Naeun's POV

I tried to catch my breath as he stopped with his back in front of me. Why did he bring me here.. His sudden behaviour.. Everything happened so fast.

He slowly let go of my hand and turned around. I looked at his face.. Why was his expression so heart breaking to watch? His exhausted eyes and eyebrows frowned slightly as if he was disappointed in me.. "Naeun.." He muttered as he stepped near me. I widened my eyes at him and stepped back before looking away. "Why were you with Sehun..?" He asked me to which I turned to look at him with surprise. He couldn't possibly be thinking what came across my mind just now.. "Hm?" He hummed wanting me to answer him. What was this? He ignored me earlier and now he's suddenly talking to me as if nothing happened..? "That.. It's nothing" I said while I closed my eyes due to being annoyed by having to tell him that.. I heard a sigh leave his mouth and he ruffled his hair before his eyes were back on mine.. "Why can't you tell me..?" He asked with that gentle and exhausted voice of his. I felt bad all of a sudden seeing him like this and I was hesitant for wanting to see his bright image that I knew I needed to speak. "Jongin.." I said and saw him nod at me. "It's not what you think.." I said and fiddled with my hands. He put a light smile on his mouth while his eyes were still the same.. "What.. You and Sehun? Or.. Your injury?" He spoke as his smile disappeared leaving me unable to answer him. I just looked down and closed my eyes.. "I'm sorry.." I muttered as I felt a tear trail down and land on the ground. I was sorry for making him worry.. Hitting him.. And having him meet such a complicated person like me.. Everything was my fault. I couldn't stand to watch Jongin in that person I had created..

He chuckled slightly to which I raised my head seeing that sarcastic expression of his knowing he didn't mean it.. That face suddenly disappeared and he sighed and looked at me with those eyes of his while his head was slightly bowed.. To what I least expected, he slowly turned his face away from me and walked passed. Leaving me with a shocked face..

I grasped as I watched him leave.. I wasn't able to tell him everything.. My breathing was getting heavy and sighs left my mouth.. I couldn't stand to watch that person being like this.. No.. Please don't leave I mentally told him. Please don't.. I took a step forward but fell down due to suddenly having no strength in my legs.. I knew I had collapsed and as crazy as I sounded.. I actually felt relieved.. was this.. could this make the pain go away..? Make people stop worrying about me? Bring peace to others lives.. Deep down, I prayed it would.

 


***

Aish why does Naeun have to be so complicated? Sorry for the very short update. Next chapter will be long, I promise! Thank you for reading :)