Chapter 7

Living A Nightmare

Hayoung's POV

"Thank you" I said as Sehun placed the plate of pizza on the table. He really is a gentleman when it comes to these kinds of things. He just smiled and sat back on his seat. "Here" he said and handed me a slice. "Thanks" I replied and grabbed it. I've gotten closer to Sehun Oppa ever since we went to the movies. He even insisted to take me home before leaving. I checked my phone and saw that Naeun unnie had texted me.

From Naeunie:
~ yeah I feel better thanks. I attended my lecture just before :)

I smiled in relief and turned my eyes to Sehun who was examining me with his poker face. "Why?" He asked being curious why I smiled all of a sudden. "Oh nothing. Naeun unnie texted saying she feels better and attended university" I replied making his eyebrows raise a little. "That's good" he said before getting his own phone out. He looks very handsome today I thought... Oh gosh Hayoung-ah what are you thinking?..

Sehun's POV

What a relief! I grabbed my phone starting to text Kai but I stopped as I caught a pair of footsteps coming towards us.. Jongin? "Hey guys, you don't mind if we join you right? He asked making Hayoung turn around gesturing for him to have a seat. Wait.. We? "Sure. But what do you mean by.." I said before a person stepped to the side from behind Kai. "Unnie!" Hayoung screamed and stood up to give her a hug.. I looked towards Jongin who looked a little worried.. I wonder if something happened.

Kai's POV

As Hayoung went to give Naeun a hug she seemed to be a little awkward as if she didn't want to be hugged.. I took a seat beside Sehun while Naeun sat beside Hayoung on the other side. "You sure you okay now unnie?" Hayoung asked Naeun to which I turned my gaze at her. "Yes Hayoung-ah, I'm fine" she replied with a small smile. "What would you like to eat?" I asked her. As she wasn't sure from her expression, I got up and ordered something. I need to make her eat.. She looks weak and I don't feel relieved unless I know she has eaten.

Naeun's POV

Jongin was being way too nice to me.. He ordered a big meal making me feel bad for having him pay. But I won't let him go unless I pay him. We were still sat in the restaurant listening to Sehun and Hayoung's conversation and it was fun to listen to. To be spending time with friends like this whilst eating a delicious meal felt like a dream come true to me. I gazed towards Jongin seeing him looking at me while gulping down his drink.. I turned my eyes away and grabbed my last bite to eat. Suddenly I felt a shoulder on me making me feel a slight pain. "I'm not the only one with a talent. Naeun unnie is amazing at drawing you know" Hayoung said making me smile at her and remove her arm away from me gently. That was painful.. I can barely control my facial expression. I looked at my watch, it was 5pm already. I need to go home. "Um I need to leave" I said as I started putting on my coat. "I'll see you tomorrow hayoung" I said as I stood up." Thank you for the food Jongin" I said as I bowed at him but he quickly stood up catching my attention. "I'll see you later Sehun, Hayoung, I'll take her home" he said and smiled at me. Why is he so stubborn..

Kai's POV

Since it's November, It is getting darker earlier and I'm definitely not having her walk alone at this time. I said my goodbyes to Sehun, and Hayoung whom I gave a slight reassuring smile to for her to know I'll take care of Naeun. I wonder how long these two are planning on staying here.. Maybe they have other plans.

We stepped out of the restaurant to find light rain drops falling from the gloomy soon to be dark sky. I looked towards Naeun seeing her expressionless face while looking at the sky. "There's a shelter at the corner, let's run." I said and grabbed her hand heading off with her.

We ran till we reached the shelter and tried catching our breath after letting go of her hand. I looked at her as she did the same, and we chuckled at the same time. The expression on her face suddenly changed, almost saddened. "You alright?" I asked her. She just nodded in return. "Jongin, if you don't mind, I'll go by myself" she said making me raise my eyebrows at her. "That's alright, I'll take you home" I spoke seeing her sigh slightly in return. "Jongin, please, you don't need to take care of me this much.." She said with her eyes squinted slightly. I stepped towards her and replied "I know, but I want to." She blinked at me and lowered her gaze. She is too cute when she does that. She suddenly brought her purse out of her bag and handed me some money. "Why?" I asked in confusion. "Thank you for the food, but I need to pay my share" she replied. I chuckled at her and put a grin on my face. "Yah, Son Naeun, I'm not taking your money. It was my treat" I said. After hearing me say that, she grabbed my wrist and placed it in my hand closing it with her other hand while saying "Please, take it."  I scrunched my eyebrows at her, she is quite stubborn.. Interesting.

I saw her glance at her watch. "I need to go now.. bye jongin" she said while smiling lightly and waved her hand good bye and started walking. I didn't want her to..  Before she could step out of the shelter I grabbed her arm and pulled her towards me. A heavy breath left and she scrunched her eyebrows, almost as if she was in pain. I let go of her and she looked at me still with a little painful expression.

"Why? Are you hurting somewhere?" I asked as I glanced at her arm. "No-no.. you just startled me.." She replied with a light smile. After hearing that, I wasn't buying it.. So I grabbed her arm again. "Ahh.." She hissed and looked at me with worried eyes. "What's wrong with you?" I asked in shock. "Nothing" she replied. "Why are you in so much pain?" I asked her. She didn't reply this time. "I need to go" she spoke and stepped away but I grabbed her and pulled her towards the corner making her sigh in pain. I was now inches away from her as I held my hand against the glass shelter making her unable to escape. "Son Naeun! What's wrong with you?!" I shouted. She looked at me in shock and I could see her eyes starting to water. "I'm sorry Naeun, but don't ignore my words" I said.

The sound of the rain hitting the ground and the gloomy skies surrounded us. I gently grabbed her arm and pulled her sleeve up... "Naeun-ah.." I muttered as I took in the view in front of me. I looked back at her in disbelief. Her eyes were full of sorrow.. she quickly pulled her arm away from me not uttering a word.

"Who did this to you..?" I asked while I looked at her desperately wanting her to answer. Just then I caught her tears falling down her cheeks and she pulled down her sleeve and looked up at me with a slightly angry expression.. I was still stood there examining her eyes trying to figure out what she was hiding from me and why.. "You don't need to know!" Surprisingly left before she pushed me to the side to get passed but I managed to grab her other arm and pulled her back to her previous position. "Agh.. Jongin!" She let out in annoyance. "You're not going anywhere until you tell me who did this to you!" I said as I looked at her with furious eyes. Tears slowly trailed down her cheeks and she tried pulling away but was unable to as I wasn't going to let her. "Please Jongin.. I need to go!" She said with her voice changing. "No! Naeun-ah! Answer me first!" She closed her eyes in annoyance and sighed at me before her eyes opened and a slap hit my cheek..

An expressionless face took over me while I looked down at my side due to her sudden behaviour. I slowly gazed to her seeing her anger disappearing and guilt taking over her face. "Why..?" I muttered as I couldn't take my exhausted eyes away from her. "WHY DID YOU DO THAT!" I shouted at her before she quickly replied "SHUT UP JONGIN!.. Stay away from my personal life.."

I let out a sarcastic chuckle and replied "personal life? Tsh.. The fact that you are injured badly because of someone is considered personal? DOES THAT EVEN MAKE SENSE?!" I shouted at her. I knew that I went overboard but deep down I was worried to death and was only able to express it in anger which I knew wasn't such a good idea. "I'm tired of you worrying about me.. And the more I start hanging around with you, the more you will start to worry.." She spoke to which I scrunched my eyebrows.. "Naeun.." I muttered. "L-let's not see each other anymore.." She spoke with her eyes fidgeting and pushed me back before she walked off..

I was stood there like a statue trying to take in what I had just heard. I slowly glanced to my side seeing the back view of her walking away in the pouring rain.. Why did she say that..? I couldn't believe what she told me and it hit me then..

She didn't want me in her life anymore..

 

***

short update but I'll update soon. Thank you for reading :)