Chapter 9

Living A Nightmare

 

Hi guys! First of all I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. I think my updates will be slow from now on. I just haven't been in the mood to write. I've also been really busy with other stuff which probably led to me paying less attention to my fanfics.

Second, 'Journey of hearts'.. Gosh haha! I’m sure you guys already know, I'm so lazy with that fanfic including my seyoung fanfic. I'm a little lost with what to write at the moment but I'll figure something out, which I need some time off to. The only story I currently enjoy writing is this one, so I'm sorry for paying more attention to this than the rest. I will update the others, just not anytime soon.

Anywaaaaaay, since I promised a longer chapter, here you go! Enjoy^^

===========================

Naeun's POV

I watched him walk away.. His view becoming less clear from every footstep he took. My tears fell out and I opened my mouth to call his name.. But nothing came out. I had officially lost my voice and I knew right then that I needed to get to him before I lost sight of him. I tried to take a step forward but was suddenly unable to move. I looked down seeing my feet covered in heavy mud up to my ankles.. I looked back up at him and tried moving hoping to get out of this but I couldn't nudge the slightest. His back suddenly turned and I saw him looking at me from far.. I tried smiling and mouthed the words 'Please don't' but he didn't react to it. "I'm tired of worrying about you.. And the more I start hanging around with you, the more I will start to worry.." He said to which I scrunched my eyebrows, hearing those familiar words.. "Jongin.." I tried muttering but no sound left my mouth.. "Let's not see each other anymore.." He said and smirked at me before walking off.. No.. No Jongin please. I noticed I was sinking down the mud and I was unable to do anything.. Omma..

***

My eyes shut open and I lifted myself up quickly due to shock of what I had just seen.. "Naeun-ah!" I heard a soothing voice beside me call and I looked to see no other than my mother coming towards me and hugging me tightly. "Thank goodness you're okay" left . I was still oblivious to what was happening right now. My eyes roomed around the room while I slowly wrapped my arms around her. My breathing became heavier as I started to realise what situation I was in. "Omma.." I muttered and hugged her back tightly. "Omma.. Omma!" I cried while closing my eyes.. "It's alright Naeun-ah omma's here" I heard her gentle voice speak. "Omma.. I didn't mean to.. I wanted to speak but I couldn't!" I cried to which she my head. "Naeun-ah don't worry. Everything's alright" she reassured me before the sound of a pair of feet entered the room. She slowly let go of her grip and cupped my wet cheeks. "Naeun-ah, omma's here so please calm down. You're fine now" she told me and I closed my eyes in slight relief and regret.

"Don’t worry. She fainted due to high blood pressure. I believe you're in university?" The male doctor asked to which I nodded after trying to get back to my senses. "As I thought. Mrs. Son, I believe your daughter's incidence is due to high levels of stress.. Preferably due to overload of university work?" I just flickered my eyes at him and nodded slightly. I didn't want to hear anymore.. A doctor couldn't even see through me. He prescribed some medication and told me to rest.

Soon after the doctor left I gazed to my mother who sighed in relief. "Naeun-ah.. Are you stressed?" She asked me worriedly while grabbing my hand. I was sitting against the pillow as I took in her words. I deeply wanted to shout out the words "yes, of course! Why wouldn't I be?.. I am living with a psychopath who beats the living day lights out of you and me ever so often. I go to class with a broken heart making it difficult for me to interact with anyone properly. I try to make friends but I can't, I can't because of this mess. I end up hurting the people closest to me. And you're asking me if I'm stressed?" These words.. I just couldn't say them. Even if I did, what difference would it make? It would only worry her more..

A tear trailed down my cheek and I grasped. I sniffed and wiped my messy face. "Ani?" I said and chuckled. "I guess I studied a bit too hard recently.." I told her and held her hand tightly. "Why are you crying then..?" My mother asked knowing my words couldn't be trusted. "Ah.. That.. I don't like seeing omma hurt, that's why.." I muttered and my mother quickly hugged me. "Don't do something like that again.. You eat as much as you need for strength.. Play as much as you want with some strength left over. And also, study as much as you should without losing that strength.. Don't overdo anything. Okay?" My mother said with her worrying voice. I nodded trying to make her feel less worried. It had been the toughest days for me but I needed my mother to be fine. I can't be the reason for her worries, I just can't.

"Ah.. Your friends are here.." my mother said as she let go of our hug. I widened my eyes slightly and my mother smiled. "They worried a lot. You found some good friends" she said as she my hair the way she does when she's proud of me.  My heart skipped a beat knowing what she just told me. "I'll be back in a bit.. There's some things we need to take care of" she said before kissing my forehead and walking out. We..? I suddenly heard the door open slowly revealing two surprised looking figures entering. Hayoung ran to me and hugged me. "Pabo! You worried me to death!" She said as she let go. "Sorry.." I said and she smiled lightly. "Your mother told us.. From now on I'll be watching you 24/7 in university you got that?" She said to which I formed a smile. My eyes gazed towards a person on the side of the door.. His worried face still plastered onto him.. I looked down and smiled. "Sorry for worrying you all.. Thank you for coming" I said. "Eey, It's alright!" Sehun spoke. "If it wasn't for Jongin, you probably wouldn't be here right no- ouch!" He let out as I saw Hayoung just hit his head. "I meant later as in not right now!" He told her from being misunderstood and I chuckled at them. For some reason they seemed closer than ever. But Jongin.. He left me, didn't he..?

"Are you feeling alright now unnie?" Hayoung asked. "I'm okay.." I answered with a small smile. "Ah okay. Naeun unnie, since you need to rest, we'll be leaving now so please take care of yourself and don't worry okay?" Hayoung said and hugged me. I nodded and we bid goodbye. Sehun gave me a light nod and smiled before walking out. They left but that person was still standing there at the side. He flickered his eyes and walked towards the seat before sitting down. I looked at him with worried eyes.. He turned his gaze up at me and I was slightly startled.. "Sorry.." He muttered. I blinked a couple of times. "Eh..?" "I mistook the earlier situation as something else.. Sorry about that" he said almost as if he was ashamed, and I was surprised that he was the one apologising.. When it should be me.. "Jongin.." I said and he looked at me. "Don't be sorry.. I should be sorry, for not being honest with you.." I said and sighed. "Naeun-ah.. You know how worried I was?" He shakily said as he grabbed my hand. I took in his serious eyes that showed nothing but sorrow.. he suddenly sighed and gave me a smile. "What's done is done.. Now just think about taking care of yourself okay?" He said and I pursed my lips together slightly upon hearing him say that. "Jongin..."

Kai's POV

Thank God she's fine.. I nearly lost my mentality..

Flashback

As I passed her and walked off I closed my eyes while a sigh left my mouth.. I feel like I don't have a reason to bother any more. She admitted it.. What could I do..? My heart was aching from leaving like this, and the thought of Sehun quickly rushed through my head almost awakening me from sadness to blood boiling anger.

But just then I heard a bump and I quickly turned around to see Naeun on the ground. My eyes widened and I ran as fast as I could to get to her. "Naeun! Naeun-ah!" I screamed as I tried pulling her up but she wasn't opening her eyes. My breathing got heavier and I looked around for anyone but no one could be spotted. I took my phone out and called for an ambulance.. "Please Naeun.." I muttered as my eyes started to tear up. "Please be okay.."

End of flashback

Sigh.. "What's done is done.. Now just think of taking care of yourself okay?" I said and smiled at her. I needed to make her brighten up as I knew it was my entire fault.. "Jongin..." She muttered before the sound of the door opening caught our attention. I looked to see her mother and an unfamiliar man walking in. I quickly stood up and bowed before my eyes were back on them. "Naeun-ah let's go home now" her mother said as she went to her. I stepped back to give them their privacy. Maybe I should wait outside. I started walking but was distracted by a voice.. "Hey kiddo.." The man called and I looked back at him. "Thank you for saving my daughter.." He said with that strange voice of his. "Ah it was nothing" I let out and turned my eyes towards Naeun who looked at me with full of worry in her eyes. "No.. I really appreciate it" he further added and I noticed his strange smile. So he's Naeun's father.. For some reason something about him felt off to me..

After being out of the room I took a seat beside me and started wondering again.. Her mother’s arm..

Flashback

"Where is she?!" A female voice called and I stood up to find a women heading towards me. "N-naeun's mother?" I asked and she quickly nodded with her hand massaging her neck in worry. In that second I noticed some bruises on her arm as she did so but I decided not to react. "She's inside.." I answered and she fumed passed me and in through the door. The way she looked at me when she came.. How did she know it was me?

End of flashback

Strangely.. The marks resembled Naeun's. I sighed and leaned over pressing my elbows on my knees while my hands went onto my forehead.. I'm the reason for what happened to Naeun.. Why did I do that..? I should have been patient and listened to her words. But I didn't, I was too damn impatient and decided to treat her like that.. "Agh.." I muttered and leaned against the seat feeling guilty for what I had done. The door beside me opened and I turned to see Naeun and her parents walking out. I quickly stood up and looked at Naeun whose arms were covered by her mother’s grip. They stopped and her mother looked at me.. "Thank you Jongin" she said and I slightly shook my head saying "it's okay.." But I felt guilty for saying that.. I didn't deserve to be thanked. "Thank you for letting me know as soon as possible" she added and I smiled lightly and bowed. I turned to look at Naeun who had a blank expression on her face.. "Naeun.. You feel better?" I asked worriedly and she looked up at me and nodded with a light smile. "Ah okay.." I said and stepped aside knowing they stopped at their feet because of me. "I'll see you later then" I added to let her know we were on good terms. "Let's go Naeun-ah" her mother said and they started walking. While passing me Naeun's worried eyes looked towards me and I did the same.. I wanted to speak to her badly but it wasn't the right time. I suddenly noticed her father turning to look at me and I lowered my face a little while my eyes were attached to him. He formed a light smile on his face.. Similar to a smirk and they walked off.

His atmosphere seemed odd and a little scary at the same time.. But because of knowing he was her father, I felt like I needed to respect him. I looked at my phone seeing the time.. 10:30pm already!? Agh my mother would be worried by now so I decided to head home.

Sehun's POV

As we got off the bus and started walking down the street I gently grabbed her hand.. I could sense she was looking at me and blushing..

Flashback

"Hayoung" I called as I ran towards her but she didn't respond. I stopped in front of her and her expression looked uneasy. "Why don't you answer me?" I asked her but she looked to her side and sighed. "I just realised I have somewhere to be" she said and began walking but I didn't let her. "Don't give me that.." I said as I stared at her with my squinted eyes. "You're ignoring me?" I asked and she blinked at me. "No? I have somewhere to be.." She said and walked passed me. A smirk formed on my face and I grabbed her hand from behind. "Sehun-shi!" Hayoung growled. "I told you to call me Oppa" I said and pulled her closer to me. "Please don't ignore me Hayoung-ah.." I said and she sighed at me. "Why were you talking to Naeun unnie?" She asked me. "Hayoung-ah.. Naeun wasn't feeling well so I kept her company.. I'm sorry I didn't come" I let out. "Well you should at least reply to my calls!" Hayoung growled and I massaged my neck not knowing what to respond with. She was kinda right about that one.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again" I spoke and grabbed her hand gently. She was startled by my action.. "Sehun Oppa.." She mumbled. I kissed the palm of her hand and looked at her while forming a smile. I could tell how shocked she must have been.. "I like you.. Hayoung-ah" I finally said. Gosh I was feeling nervous inside. She blinked at me a couple of times "W-what..?" She let out. "I don't know if it's the right time to tell you since you're going to Turkey but.. Hayoung-ah I've liked you since a long time. I know I can be stupid sometimes but-" "sometimes?" She giggled and I continued. "Yes sometimes! I want to be more than your friend.. I'll treat you well. I promise" I said and kissed her palm again. She smiled lightly at me and the words I wanted to hear so badly left .. "I like you too.. Sehun oppa.." Gosh I think I'm gona have a heart attack. I quickly pulled her into a hug to which she chuckled. "I wish I had told you earlier, that way I'd be able to spend more time with you before you leave" I spoke.

"Sehun Oppa.." She mumbled. "Um?" I hummed for her to continue.

"I'm not going to Turkey.."

End of flashback

I smiled as we walked down the street. "Before Jongin hyung called, you said you're not going to Turkey?" I spoke and she turned to look at me. "Ah.. Yeah it was cancelled" she answered and I asked why. "My parents said it would be better to delay it till next year as now it's near the exam period" she told me and I sighed.. "That's good" I muttered. "Why?! I wanted to go so badly!" She said frustratingly as she stopped. I laughed at her and grabbed her other hand. "Because you'll be here, with me" I answered. She rolled her eyes and chuckled at me before I pulled her into a tight hug. The smell of her fragrance send me into a relaxed state. "You don't know how long I've waited for this.." I muttered gaining another chuckle from her.

Naeun's POV

We reached home before the door was slammed shut startling me and my mother.. "Careless piece of..!" He muttered behind us and threw his keys to the floor in anger. My mother still held onto me and I closed my eyes in guilt as I stood in front of the stairs.. "Go upstairs Naeun-ah" my mother said as she let go of me. "Who are you to say that!" He yelled but I didn't nudge the slightest from it. I wasn't surprised anymore.

He grabbed my mother’s arm and pushed her against the door as she mourned.. My eyes tightened from what was about to happen.. I was stood there along the stairs with my eyes completely shut. The sound of him panting and kicking her.. A tear trailed down my cheek. "Aish you.." He muttered and wiped his sweaty forehead. But he wasn't finished..

"STOP IT!" I screamed.. I opened my eyes slowly and turned my flickering pupils to my mother on the floor. She was panting in pain and I could see she was badly hurt.. Those blue marks.. A laugh suddenly caught my ears. "..That attitude.." He muttered and walked towards me.. My eyes were stuck to the floor as I could feel my body silently shaking away.. "..you mind repeating that?.." He spoke and pushed my forehead with his index finger.. My breathing was getting heavier and I glanced towards my mother mouthing at me to apologise.. I knew it was the only option but I didn't want to.. I was frustrated, angry, so angry.. My tears trailed down before he pushed me against the stairs hurting my back. "Like mother, like daughter.." He said. I looked at him while my mouth pursed together.. I couldn't take it anymore..

"Stupid.." I muttered making him squint his eyes at me. "Eh..?" He muttered. "Coward.." I continued. He chuckled and gave me those eyes of his knowing how much I was provoking him. "Bastard.." "SHUT IT!!" He yelled and slapped me across the cheek making me fall back. My heart was raising and I flinched at what he just did. I couldn't take it anymore. The bag of pain that was bottled up inside felt as though it was about to explode..

I slowly stood up catching my mother’s widened eyes "Please Naeun-ah don't.." She said. I knew she was scared for me. I stupidly didn't react to her words for once. "Apologise to her.." I suddenly muttered as my expression turned dark. "What?" He laughed. "APOLOGISE!!" I shouted with tears gathering up my eyes. "Don't treat my ommah like this!! You crazy bastard!" I screamed at him and started crying as if I was going mental. I knew I was losing my mind and I didn't know what to do about it.. "Omma-aa.. Omma.." I cried starting to hear my mother’s whimper.. "Shut up!" He shouted and pulled me to the ground. "Don't hurt my little girl.." My mother cried. He laughed loudly. "Your little girl..?" He asked in amazement and smirked at me on the ground trying to pull me back up. "She isn't a little girl any longer.." He muttered and attacked me. I screamed from what he was doing.. "PLEASE! DONT!" my mother screamed and crawled to us but she was pushed away by his strong arm making her hit her head on the wall.. "You're a big girl now.." He muttered as he got on top of me and tried to my shirt. "Stop it!!" I screamed while tears streamed down my face continuously.. I screamed and kicked my legs trying my hardest to get him off of me but no luck.



Why did I have to make it..?

 



***

Woah.. Dramatic :S and so many flashbacks in this chapter haha. I personally don't like reading flashbacks, I realised that after writing this. Let me know if you do? Oh and I told you it would be long :D and Hayoung won't be leaving! I'm sure you guys forgot about her holiday plans.. And maybe the whole story, since I've not been updating in a while, hehe sorry about that. Thanks for reading.^^