Chapter 4

Living A Nightmare

Naeun's POV

I felt like I was being protected.. And as strange as it seemed.. I found it more soothing than when I was in my mother’s arms. His body was so warm against mine that I couldn't let go. He slowly turned his head near my ear and sighed comfortably from his nose.. At that moment I felt thousands of butterflies rushing though me and I quickly let go of his presence. He was surprised by my change in behaviour and I looked down. "I'm sorry...” I said to which he stepped a little closer to me. My face felt warm all of a sudden as I glanced up at him. "You don't need to tell me what's bothering you but.. Don't ignore me alright?" He said to which I mentally sighed and slightly nodded.

He slowly gazed towards a table bench a few meters away. "Let's take a seat, alright?" He said and started walking towards bench. I watched him walking and I obeyed and followed behind him still keeping my head low. I took a seat in front of him and just looked at him not sure what to do. He was glancing at me and I quickly turned away. "Are you hungry?" He asked all of a sudden. I looked at him and shook my head slightly. "Just give me a minute" he said and got up from his seat leaving me here not knowing what was happening. I noticed he was walking towards the hotdog stand at the other end and realised why.. I sighed while thinking that I wasn't hungry. There was no way I could eat..

"Here" he said after 2 minutes of waiting as he brought the hotdog in front of me. "N-no I'm not hungry" I replied. He then put it on the table in front of me and sat back on his seat. "Eat, you need it!" He said before taking a bite of his own hotdog. I looked at him eating and drew my eyes to the food in front of me. I suddenly had the urge to take a bite. I looked up at him again and he was still eating while examining the park.. As if I wasn't even in front of him. I unknowingly grabbed the hotdog and brought it slowly to my face to take a small bite. I've got to admit, It was really delicious.. I took another bite and munched on it. Suddenly I could feel tears in my eyes.. I sniffed and took another bite. My tears finally fell down my cheeks and I put the hotdog down.

Kai's POV

I got her to eat.. That's what I was aiming for and I knew she'd start eating after seeing me eat. After being satisfied with my victory I suddenly caught a tear fall down her cheeks and I turned the hotdog away from my mouth. She put it down and brought her hands up to her eyes and started crying again.. "Why..?" I thought to myself.

"Um.. Naeun, I'm sorry but.. Did the hotdog taste that bad?" ...Really Jongin?? You have nothing better to say?! I mentally fist bombed myself after saying that. She didn't stop crying and I leaned closer to her being about 20 inches away from her now. I examined her closely and thoroughly.. She looked like she was deeply hurt.. If only she could tell me why, then I’d do anything to help.

"Did someone say something to you?" I asked with curiosity. If that was the case, she met the right person. Trust me! I'd completely beat them up in minute! Sadly, she didn't respond to my question. After getting a little frustrated, I gently grabbed both her wrists away from her face and looked at her thoroughly. "Tell me, did someone say something?" I asked again. She flicked her eyes and sniffed before shaking her head slightly. "Did someone hurt you?" I then asked. She didn't utter a word.

I decided not to say anything and let go of her wrists slowly. I crossed my arms and leaned down to the table and gazed up at her hurt expression. I know I was bad for thinking something like this right now but.. She was really cute.. Like a soft child. She sniffed and gulped while keeping her eyes away from me. I smiled lightly while examining her.. "This could really be my new hubby" I thought..

Tears were still falling down her cheeks which were slowly being wiped away with her soft hand. As my eyes gazed to her hands, I noticed her right hand was bruised making me raise my eyebrows in suspicion and concern. I grabbed her right hand taking a look at it closer, she looked at me in surprise as our eyes met and she quickly shoved her hand away hiding them below the table. I could see she didn't want to explain what made her hand like that so I let it be, for now.

Minutes after she became silent... She was just staring down at the table as if no thoughts crossed her mind. I snapped my fingers in front of her and she glanced at me in surprise. I put a smile on my face after seeing that behaviour.. She was really so adorable. "Will you tell me why you ignored me earlier?" I asked. She fidgeted her eyes after hearing me say that. After noticing I still wanted an answer she replied "I-I can't tell you.." She said leaving me more curious than I was before. "Why?" I asked. She didn't say anything to that.. "Did.. did I do something?" I asked her softly. A surprised expression took over her face after hearing me say that and she shook her head in disagreement. "No!.. I..you haven't." She replied. Well, at least now I know I haven't..

Naeun's POV

He was being really nice to me and I was embarrassed by myself for acting like this. "Naeun.." He called. I turned my gaze to him and he continued. "Just tell me who's been messing with you. I'll sort it!" He said. I looked at his strong, sincere expression.. After having seen what kind of person he is I know he is capable of helping with many problems.. But, I can't get him involved in this.. I can't get anyone involved in this. "It’s okay" I spoke to deny his sincerity. "T-thank you for the food.." I spoke as I stood up from the bench. Before turning around he grabbed my arm. I turned to look at him and he seemed a little exhausted, almost annoyed.. I don't blame him, I'm at fault. I've turned into a not so reliable friend to Hayoung as well. "Naeun-ah.." He uttered. Upon calling me that my heart felt warm.. "If you need any help, and I mean ANY help with ANYTHING, just let me know.. I'll sort it" I was just staring at his worried face and couldn't help but think I found such a good person.. I did not know anything about him but he made me feel as if I had known him for a very long time.. After hearing his thoughtfulness, I smiled at him. "Thank you.." I said and bowed before saying bye and walking off.. My heart was wavering as I walked.

I mustn't have.. I couldn't possibly have already.. Fallen for him..?

Kai's POV

She left so soon.. I had hoped she would stay a little longer. If she did, I'm sure she would have told me. I sighed as I sat back on the bench. "Naeun-ah.." I muttered under my breath. I closed my eyes and put my hand on my chest.. It was beating fast.. "I do like you.." I thought. But a face suddenly popped up in my mind and it let my thoughts wander off from me.. "Agh, Sehun!" I let out. "Fine! I'll admit it! I like her! Jeez, such a nuisance you are.." I growled and sighed. I looked up to find people staring at me weirdly as they walked past.. I'm pretty sure I heard a women say I must have a mental disorder.. I just shook my head and laughed it off.

Just as I stood up my eyes turned towards an object on the ground that looked like a purse to me. I was right as I stepped nearer and grabbed it. It had the initials 'SN'... “SN?” I thought to myself.. Wait, it can't possibly be.. I should have asked what her surname was. I thought twice about it but ended up opening the purse up.. I smiled as I took in the view. "Son Naeun, you're really clumsy.." I spoke and quickly shoved it down my pockets and started running to the direction she left off to.. She can't be far.

 

***

Sorry for the late update ^^ Thank You for reading and liking this story!