8. D-day

You chose me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weeks had passed like a quick breeze and it had become impossible for Nana to believe that she was a bride today. It was her wedding day and she was freaking out as it seemed nothing more than a dream. She imagined that she would eventually marry a guy that she loved, which was true but they have been dating for less than a month and they were just eighteen for heaven’s sake.

She was sailing between the ship of happiness and nervousness. Being a wife would mean a big deal, that she realized when the two families had a official meeting with the exchange of gifts and rituals. Even until then, the thought did not occur to her that she would now be living with Sunwoo’s family until they could manage themselves, which was still a few years away. Her feet turned cold at the spot and she began having second thoughts. Initially, she kept this all to herself but she couldn’t take it anymore and she spilled her guts out to her fiance. He tried reassuring her that it would all be fine and that he would always be with her at all costs.

His reassurance had very little effect, but she felt better after letting him know.It had been almost three days since she had seen him in person, though they spoke on the phone constantly . But it was difficult to hold a long conversation because of all the interruptions, either her parents wanted her to try something or his parents had needed him to go somewhere. Most of her time was engaged in bridal beauty treatments, which did little to relax her but apparently did wonders on her glow. Her mother’s words, not hers. Sharing all her events of the day on the phone with Sunwoo always earned her chuckle on the other side.

He asked her random questions about what colors she liked, what sort of bed sheets she used , whether she liked stuffed animals etc. , which she found weird until he explained that his mother was decorating the room for her and wanted their opinion. Nana’s breath caught in for a while at the thought of sharing a room with him. Her silence was understood by him and he reassured her that it was her room that his mom was preparing. He would be living in his room as always. She breathe a sigh of relief because she was not at all ready for that level in their relationship as to share a room with him.

“Chill down Nana. My mom’s busy preparing your room. That were her questions, so if it felt weird to you, I felt more weird asking them. ”

“Ah! Yeah…I understand.”

“What were you thinking?”

“Nothing at all.”

“You freaked out didn’t you?”

“No. I did not…there was nothing to freak out about.”

“You will have your own room. Mine is a little away from yours. You really have a dirty mind Kim Nana.”

“Nonsense. I thought nothing of that sort. It’s you who made it sound all wrong. I’m just glad that you will be away and not annoy me.”

“Oh really. I’m more glad because I won’t be surrounded by magazine cuttings, mannequins and clothing. I will be happy to be in my own sanctuary.”

“Say’s the one who has been spending all his time studying in my studio apartment.”

“I only did that because that was the only time we had to spend together. I dare you to deny that you did not like having me there.”

“No, I did not. You are very distracting so, it’s hard to concentrate on my work.”

“I am  distracting to you? I did not know that I had that sort of effect on you.”

“Stop twisting my words, Jung Sunwoo.”

“Okay fine. But if you ever really feel like it. You can always join me in my room.”

“I’m hanging up.”

“No don’t. See now you are twisting my words. I mean when I’m studying , you can be in my room like I do in your studio.”

“Hmm….whatever you say. I really need to keep the phone now. I’m tired and need to rest for tomorrow.”

“Okay. See you tomorrow at our wedding.” He said stressing on the our part.

She realized that he was getting all the more silly and flirtatious with her. That’s how their conversation had gone last night before she lay awake for hours  on her bed for finally falling asleep. She kept having frightening thoughts and even thought of running away for a moment from her own wedding, but her thoughts laid to rest as she received a message from him.

 

She felt even better at his message wishing a good morning as usual because for her it seemed that he cared enough to calm her fears down. She had woken fairly early because they had a lot to prepare before they reached the wedding hall. She had to get her hair & makeup done and change into her wedding down before she reached her wedding venue. The only thing that she liked amongst all the wedding preparations and chaos was her gown. She was in love with it, and couldn’t wait for Sunwoo to see her in it. She wondered in anticipation of what Sunwoo’s reaction would be, whether he would like it or not because even she thought the dress looked beautiful on her.

Her parents and she reached the wedding hall to find that Sunwoo’s family had already reached and were greeting some of the early guests. They had been waiting on her and escorted her to the waiting room. Her mother was there with her all the while, but left when Eunha and Seyi joined her. Soon enough, even his parents and grandmother had come to see the bride and gushed over how beautiful she looked making her feel embarrassed.

“Nana, you look so beautiful today.” Eunha and Seyi gushed over the bride and her lovely gown.

“Has Sunwoo seen you yet in this dress?”

“Not really.”

“Be ready Nana, he won’t be able to take his eyes off you.”

“Ahem..okay.” Was all she could say in response in embarrassment.

“Nana, you love Sunwoo right?” Seyi suddenly questioned her and got the bride flustered who could only nod in reply.

“What about Sunwoo? Does he feel the same?”

“I think so…”

“He definitely does or you two would not have come this far.” Eunha chimed in.

The two girls smiled at each other and looked back at Nana who just stared back in confusion. Before the girls could explain,there was a knock on the door and Eunha opened the door to let the visitors in. Her fellow male band mates had entered to greet the bride and were awestruck looking at the tough girl who looked like a beautiful swan in her wedding gown.

“You look like a total different person, tough girl. Where’s the Kim Nana we know?” Seolchan tried to joke to cover his awestruck expression, causing everyone in the room to laugh.

“He means, you look beautiful Nana.” Kyudong complimented her with DoNam nodding his head in agreement. The air between the two teens still seemed tense despite which Nana thanked him.

Soon they heard another knock on the door with her Father entering to inform that the wedding ceremony was going to begin soon. Her friends left the room leaving her alone with her father. He looked the same as always, donned in his black suit with a poker face which his daughter most likely inherited from him. They seemed awkward at the moment but she could feel that her father had many things to say to her.

“Are there many people out there?” She questioned in the midst.

“In your terms, yes there are. But compared to other weddings this is quite a low key affair.” He replied to her with a smile.

“Okay.” She replied with an edge of nervousness in her voice.

“Nana” Her father called out to her as she turned her face towards  him in response.

“I know I have not been a good father to you. You had to go through a lot of hurdles because of me and your mother. Though we never really showed it, I want you to know that we really really love you. You are our only precious daughter.”

Nana felt the tears well up in her eyes and she bit bit on her lip to stop the tears from forming. Her father kept looking ahead of him without turning to face his daughter.

“To be honest, I really don’t want to give you away just yet. You are so young. But if that’s what you want from me, then I will give it to you. But you show know that if that if you ever want to come back or need any help, we will be there.No questions asked.”

Nana could already feel the tears running down past her cheeks and quickly turned in search of a tissue with her head ducked down.  As she tried to peer through the blurriness of eyes, she saw a hand giving out a tissue. She quickly grabbed it wiping her tears only to come face to face with the smiling face of her father. Nana could never recall of her father smiling like that, since his line of profession required him to be rough and void of expression.

“Nana, if you still want to runaway. I already have my men stationed outside. We can sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter