The proposal

You chose me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


SunWoo knew that he dug his own grave; not only that, now there are several people who would make sure that he would jump into that grave. Amongst these people, Kim Nana would be at the fore front leading them. He was so dead!

He was not sure yet, what had transpired between him and his parents; because everything after slipping out Nana's name was a complete blur. The next thing he knew, his father was patting his back and the meeting with his so-called girlfriend was already fixed.

Dream. No, this has to be a dream!

SunWoo repeated those words, trying to convince himself that this was all a bad dream. Nothing more, nothing less.

Marriage was something that he had never considered; most he had ever thought about was dating. But with all the complications with his first love, all that went for a toss. Marriage for an 18 year old was even more ridiculous and proposing Kim Nana would put his life in jeopardy.

He pondered over it for the whole week after that, and the more he considered it, the less ridiculous it seemed. Technically, he had nothing going on the love department so by getting married he was not betraying anyone but himself. Even having Kim Nana as his bride seemed to make more and more sense because after Seyi, Kim Nana was the only girl he was ever close to, or spoke to honestly. Maybe he was more honest to Nana than he was ever to Seyi.

SunWoo thought about it more logically, weighing all the pros and cons and unsurprisingly the pros of marrying Nana weighed much higher than the cons. He played with different ideas of how he would convince Nana, (propose to Nana XD) without seeming ridiculous.  Finally, he came up with a master plan to corner Nana alone without the interference of KyuDong and DoNam, to spell out his reasons regarding what proposal he had for her.

 

Another new week of school, the same tedious routine of classes as students dragged their weary bodies back to school after a refreshing weekend. But it seemed particularly long for SunWoo, as today was the day that would determine his fate, and it all depended on Kim Nana.

SunWoo made sure that he reached the class much before anyone had entered the classroom, as his made his way through empty hallways to his desired destination. Making sure that he was alone with nobody in hindsight, he gathered all his strength into his muscled limb attacking his seat, holding it tight by the edges to avoid greater damage than he intended.

A loud clanging sound resonated through the empty classroom and SunWoo admired his handy-work; again looking around to make sure nobody witnessed his stunt. The seat was now uneven at its legs and was wobbling back and forth, just as he desired. With everything in place, he discreetly made his exit.

Time flew by like seconds, as the then empty hallways and classrooms were now filled with bustling students, greetings and chattering completing the atmosphere of a typical high school. What seemed like a normal day was going to turn out to be another daebak moment for the school even after eventful incidents like a star like Seolchan joining their school or the development of a dark horse band like ColorBar or even the epic battle between ColorBar vs. All for One.

 

The morning bell rung, signalling the commencement of classes and students hurried back into their respective seats, as their homeroom teacher DokGo made her way into the classroom. Following right behind her, the class president entered carrying sheets that were more likely to be distributed in the class.

His eyes darted towards his target sitting at the last middle row who had her head down, her bangs covering her small face. After placing the sheets on the table, he made his way back to his seat with a poker face to finally begin the show.

Ready. Set. Action!

“Sam.", he called out to his homeroom teacher.

"Yes, class president."

"My seat seems wobbly. Can I change my seat?” he enquired.

"That's weird. Sure go ahead, you can take the seat next to Nana.” she off-handily permitted.

'It worked!!!’ SunWoo rejoiced in his mind as he smiled to himself  before taking his seat next to Nana.

The picture of the class president and Kim Nana sitting together, didn't seem that weird to the class, given them being members of the same band; but their fellow team mates did not seem to share the same opinion. It earned questioning looks from his friends who exchanged glances and confused shrugs amongst each other, as they went back to paying attention  to their teacher.

"Ggeojyeo!” (Get lost), came a sharp demand from his new partner.

"Eodie?"

"Ggeojyeo!” came again but more a more fierce whisper.

"Wae? You didn’t miss me?"

''What are you trying to pull Jung SunWoo? Stop bugging me."

"I'm not trying to bug you. I just need to talk to you, it’s important."

"Not interested."

"But we really need to talk, it’s very important."

However, he was met with no response throughout the class, to which he issued her a challenge, "Fine be that way. I'm not going away anytime soon."

 

 

So far so great, as the class ended and Nana was about to grab her bag & leave when a pair of fingers wrapped onto her wrist not letting her go. Conveniently, he held her onto her seat, not gathering any attention because he knew the last thing Kim Nana would want to do was be the centre of attention. For the first time that day he looked at her directly and he was shocked to see an emotion other than anger, was it hurt?

For a moment, he swore he felt a clench at his heart but he put it aside since he had to stall time. A few moments passed as SunWoo was perplexed as to why Nana did not make a single move but she just kept looking at him. Finally, the bell for the next class rang and he let go of her hand as it took two moments to pass by for Nana to actually realize that she was free to go.

Initially, confusion followed by disbelief was expressed on Nana's face as she grabbed her bag to skip the next class as she walked past the door to skip the class. "You really are a Byeontae." (ert), she told him as she left.

"No, I'm not.” was his replied as he smiled to himself.

He saw DoNam about to approach him, but he sprinted right past him before the next teacher entered the class just making it in the nick of time. Yeah, the class president was actually skipping a class just for the sake of one girl, his possibly future wife.

 

 

SunWoo carefully made his way to the roof where he was sure he would find her and there she was leaning against a wall with an unlit cigarrete in her hand, gazing at the bright sky.

"I thought I told you to quit."

"Like, I would listen to you of all people, Byeontae."

"I told you I'm not. Why do you keep calling me that?” he defended as he took the unwanted object out of her hand and dumped it into his pocket.

"You know exactly why.” her reply leaving both of them with flushed faces.

"See this was one of the reasons we seriously need to talk.” he tried to start a conversation with her.

"No, there's nothing that we both need to talk abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter