Smiles go a long way

You chose me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been two weeks since the two young teens had decided to turn their fake relationship official and start dating. Definitely one of the best decisions they had made in a while. It had been so blissful that neither of them wanted to lose it.

Nana was happy to finally have him treat as more than a classmate, band mate,a friend or a fake fiance. He was such a perfect boyfriend and treated her very well, which always made her a blushing mess. She was too cautious and shy around him, because he was sometimes too sweet to her to be true. All the times that he hurt her before, just seemed to vanish in just a matter of days.

Maybe she was being a fool in love, but who cares when she was this happy. The wait had been too long for her to have complains now, and she was going to make the best of it. Sometimes in the middle of the night, her mind would be occupied with fears and doubts of things going wrong suddenly or this being a dream.

The preparations for the wedding had been going well, since the elders of the two families were handling it. Nana could notice the conflict of interest between the two families but her parents did not want to let her know, how much ever she tried to prod. She was getting along with her parents much better, and they were happy to finally have their daughter open up to her again. The girl had finally found happiness in life with acceptance and love from the people who had become important to her.

Sunwoo, on the other hand to finally have his feelings reciprocated. Though, his girlfriend had not yet admitted her feelings, he hoped that her behavior towards him were a proof of hidden feelings. She would blush and smile around him a whole lot more.

He would walk her home from school or either accompanied her at her studio, whenever he found the time. They even went out  on small dates, even if meant to grab a quick meal or get their wedding outfits ready. Sunwoo had gotten a bit bolder in expressing his affection towards Nana by holding her hand while walking together or even occasionally wrapping his arm around her shoulders. He even managed to sneak her into warm embraces which she did not seem mind, though she would get shy about it and playfully push him away. .

He had to admit that this side of Nana made his heart warm because he was the only one to see it, hopefully. Regrets lingered in his mind about the way they got together, rather than first entering a fake relationship first, he wished they had started on a better note like other couples. But then, what was normal to them?

Forgetting the technicalities, enjoying her and their time together would be his main priority so that they could nurture their relationship worthy of a real marriage in the future. He is now trying to makeup for all the times, he hurt Nana by treating her well and show his sincerity. Best part of dating was that he now no longer had to make excuses to see her or hesitate to say the truth about wanting to see her.

Whole along since the day he took her name in front of his parents, his daily life had changed so much. He was easily distracted and occupied in thoughts with new suprises being thrown at his face. Truth be told, it was affecting his academics and performance at school. He had no idea about how Nana was faring so far but he hoped it was not worse than before.

Classes had been going on as usual, and the gossip and whispers was slowly dying out. Their classmates had gotten used to seeing them together and accepted the idea. Though they got sly smiles or annoyed expressions directed at them, but her boyfriend did not seem to mind it, so she choose to ignore it as well. Addressing him as her boyfriend still felt weird, but their labels were already messed up.

They did not interact much at school, similar to before since it did not feel very natural to them. He no longer sat beside her and was back to earlier his earlier seating arrangement. Though, occasionally they would catch each other sneaking glances at the other and end up sending embarrassed smiles to each other. Mostly, it was Sunwoo smiling and Nana looking away which he did not fail to about.

Other times, when they would be engaged in conversation with their band mates, his hand would rest on the back  of her chair or he would lean towards her with his palms holding his weight against her desk. They were certain subtle moments that made her inwardly rejoice. She found him the silliest when he would stand closer her or suddenly call her name to ask a silly question to make his presence known, whenever KyuDong was around.

She had a face to face conservation with Kyudong where she thanked him for his feelings but turned him down and the guy accepted it gracefully. He even apologized for causing problems between her and Sunwoo, for which he was forgiven. It was that incident, that got the two of them together but she couldn't admit that to him. Though they had resolved the issue, it did not mean that all was well. It was still awkward, since Nana sensed that DoNam and SeolChan were aware of what had transpired between the three of them.

Nana had received a text message from Sunwoo asking her if she was free for the entire weekend. When she gave an affirmative answer, he asked her to go out on a proper and  full fledged date. Not just a quick bite or a hanging out at her studio, but an entire day at the movies, shopping and a meal together. He had already seeked an approval from her parents so that they could stay out a little bit more later than usual, given that he wanted their date to be special.

As she set her phone aside, her palms automatically moved to cover the blood rushing to her cheeks. The thought of spending more time with him, sent her heart at a rushing pace. They have spent plenty of time together alone recently  or their previous coupon dates, but this time it was different since he it would be their first official date initiated by him. And the fact that he went out of his way to seek her parent's approval, made it swoon worthy.

Just a day away, and she wanted to choose an outfit for the date, but she found nothing that would make her happy.She finally decided to put together her own outfit by making it herself as she shuffled through her own designs. This would be one of the most rare occasions where she made clothes for herself. This reminded her of the jacket that she made for Sunwoo long back and contemplated if he still had it. She pushed it to the back of her head before her mood turned sour and got to work.

Days passed quickly and it was finally the weekend which the young couple had highly anticipated. Sunwoo messaged asking her about where would pick her up from- her home or her work studio. She insisted on meeting him directly at the theater but he was adamant so she finally relented and told him to come to her s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter