The First kiss

You chose me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Rarely known to give justifications for his actions, Sunwoo was cornered into his seat on the couch by his parents as soon as he returned home. They needed answers from their son and they would get it out of him by hook or by crook. The sad part was that Sunwoo was not yet ready as to what to answer them.

Their son was hardly ever rebellious; he was obedient, filial, always got good grades, respectful to others but the news from his school was least expected. They started to worry if their pressure of marriage was starting to get on to their son, loosing one child was hard and they did not want harm to their now only child too.

The main problem lied was that how Sunwoo was supposed to answer his parents as to why he kissed his so called girlfriend in front of the entire school including the teachers, while skipping class. He never skipped classes, let alone do something so unlike him but somehow he felt good about it. 

While earlier he was deeply regretful and upset about his actions, but now after meeting Nana he felt relaxed or more to say, he felt blissful. A big burden about having Nana on his side and her acceptance to his proposal was now off his shoulders, letting him breathe easily. He was relieved that Nana was not too deeply offended since he hardly regretted it.

Memories moved in flashes in his mind, as he remebered his encounter with Nana at school which included an an audience. He could hardly remember what his thoughts were when he dared to kiss her, maybe he did not actually think about it.

Because one moment, he was chasing after her in the hallways with each ticking second flying by, and the next moment he sealed her challenge with his lips on hers and absolute silence.

While Nana's ears were filled with the sound of bells and the commotion caused by people surrounding them; Sunwoo heard absolutely nothing, just the slight pounding of his heart.

He truly came to his senses, when Nana dug her nails deep into his arm in anger, when they were summoned to the principal's office. It was not that bad, he thought as remembered the kiss. It wasn't the first anyway.

Oh yeah, you guess right, they kissed before too. These were the only two times for Sunwoo to have been intimate with the opposite gender, and he guesses it would be same for Nana as well, given her reactions and awkwardness.

He pushed these thoughts to the back of his mind,  only to come face to face  with the prying looks of his parents who were getting  impatient with his silence. 

"Sunwoo, care to explain what this is all about? Are we supposed to expect such news  from school often now?"

"Omma. Aboeji, I'm sorry. "

"We are not angry Sunwoo. We were  just surprised because we least expected it, that's all."

"It was just that I was talking to Nana regarding the marriage and it was a spur of the moment sort of thing."

"Sorry,Sunwoo. I think despite everything, we forgot that you are a young hot blooded male after all." Sunwoo's mother giggled in between her words easing the tension.

"So judging by the situatio, it's safe to say that it went well."

"Yes. She knows everything and she needed time to answer, given the events of the day. I just met up with her and she agreed to the marriage."

"That's  wonderful Sunwoo. So now,how do you two  want us to go ahead regarding the meeting of the parents and other formalities, given her family situations."

"Her family situations will be no problem, Omma. I will talk to her parents first and then we get set a formal date for the elders to meet. You all can then  take it forward from there, whatever necessary  formalities needs to be done."

"Are you sure boy? That you can handle  her parents alone without our involvement?" , Sunwoo nodded in confirmation.

"Very well then! As you  wish. But your grandmother  and we would like to meet Nana  first. Can you ask her to come home tomorrow, as your grandmother will be discharged and will return  home  tomorrow."

"Yes. I will  let her know. We will  come by tomorrow  after  school."

"Don't  worry.I shall talk to your  principal and the  matter shall be resolved. " 

With that Sunwoo dismissed to his room, slowly crosssing one hurdle at a time. He headed straight towards his shower to get rid of the weariness  of the day. When done , he sat on his study table to catch up with his school work, leaving his phone continuously vibrating on his bed.

He only realized that his phone was ringing, when he sat on the bed  to get a good  night's  sleep. Several miscalls and messages were bombarded on his phone from Seyi, his other friends and even Seolchan; all of which  were conveiniently ignored.

But none of them were from Nana, he doesn't know why he was even expecting them in the first place, they just spoke to each other  a few hours ago.

Curiousity killed the cat and so he sent a quick message to Nana as he laid down on his bed.

'U awake?' He stared at the screen eagerly waiting for a reply which took quite a few seconds.

'Why?'

'Wanted to let u know  that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter