Confessions

You chose me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was another long weekend, when Nana decided to take a walk to the park. Admiring the serene surrounding, she realized that it was the same place, where she and Sunwoo had spent a long time sitting next to each other in heartfelt silence. They needed a breather after all the drama that happened just in a span of two days.

She never saw it coming. Just a few weeks ago, she had concluded that she had to move on. Despite everything that happened between them, Sunwoo had made it clear to her that she did not hold a chance against Seyi. Though, he did not say in words, his actions were enough to do the trick.

She had finally started to escape from his clutches, when she was yet again dragged under his spell. First, he ignored her to days on end. Then, out the blue  he wanted to talk to her and made countless attempts to do so. She would be lying if she said that it did not spark a hope in her. She began to hope that their kiss, actually meant something rather than just  being a mistake.He did not take long to pop her bubble.

When he first asked her to marry him, she thought it was some sort of cruel joke that he wanted to play on her. She finally realized that he was serious about it. That made her so sure he had been bitten by some crazy dog. Once he began explaining, everything fell into place. Why he asked her of all people; she was still not sure. The fact that her name just slipped out, hurt her even more. No valid reason.

The same evening, she called him to give her answer. It was a definite no till the end. But the moment he appeared, her mind and heart betrayed her. She started having second thoughts. A definite no turned to an unsure yes, but it was still affirmative. She was still uncertain about her answer, but she couldn't help it.The deed was already done.

She was uncertain of her feelings for Sunwoo anymore. He just seemed to be different from the guy that he used to be. He has become rash, impulsive and somewhat immature. The old Sunwoo would think twice before even moving his finger. He was calm and level headed, yet cold and difficult to approach. Now,he just goes back and forth, confusing her.

He was impulsive when he kissed her in front of the entire school. He even asked her to marry him, for no convincible reason. At the same time, he handled her father and  his parents with such ease and poise.All through the meetings of the two families, he was unflustered and composed. Despite the awkwardness at school, he had his act together. She had to admire him for that.

Why did she agree to marry him? She still does not know. Maybe, it was her lingering feelings for him. A part of it was also because, she wanted to escape from her father's shadow. Being someone's wife was better than the tittle of a mobster's daughter. The fact that the man she liked offered her a hand to escape from her hell hole, was probably the main cause.

She quickly put her thoughts aside because she needed a few moments to herself. The constant nagging, questioning and pleads to rethink her decision was taking a toll on her. Her mother seemed less apprehensive after meeting his family, a few days back. That did not mean that they would stop worrying about her.

On the other hand, Sunwoo's family seemed more accommodating than ever. They accepted her circumstances and treated her well, just for the sake of their son. They decided to keep the whole affair simple and amongst close relatives and friends only. The wedding would happen in about two week. Too soon to even wrap your head around the idea. So she decided to tackle one thing at a time. The consequences would be dealt with later.

She sat on a bench, stretching her feet and leaning on the back rest. Her heart was exhausted from all the turmoil of emotions she was going through. Though the boy that she cares was the prime reason for her state, she still craved for a warm embrace from him assuring her that everything would turn out just fine.

Her phone buzzed bringing her out of her reverie.

'Hey, where are you?'

-Jung Sunwoo

She wondered as to why he wanted to know her whereabouts.

'Why?'

'Just tell me.Are you at home?'

'No.'

'Studio?'

'No.'

'Where are you then?'

'Just out for a little walk.'

'Ok. Talk to you later.'

That was weird. If he was so busy then, why bother asking texting her. She wondered if he was spying on her. Was he hiding somewhere and testing her?  Nana quickly scanned her surrounding but he was nowhere in sight. She let out a small laugh at her silliness. She was kind of hoping that he would be there. Once again, she was distracted by the buzzing of her phone.

'Nana, can we met? I need to tell you something important.'

Nana was surprised at the text but she agreed to meet the said person at a nearby cafe, later in the evening. She suddenly had a sinking feeling in her stomach. 

 

 

Sunwoo hadn't really planned out his day. Ideally, he had to be in his room studying. But he ended up below the building of his Nana's work studio.His home was no longer his sanctuary. Everyone was involved  with the impending wedding preparations. It made him jittery. He decided that leaving home was the best option at the moment. He hoped that he could study at Nana's studio just like they did before on their coupon date.

If s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter