Repercussion

You chose me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

It took precisely three days,11 hours and six seconds for Kim Nana to make up her mind to go back to school. Firstly, she did not care about school and secondly, there was no other reason.

Alright. Fine. It was a lie, she had other reasons but really, going to school was not on the top of her priority list. She really went because she just wanted to graduate. But this time she had really good reasons to ditch school.

She wanted to avoid two specific guys. Mr. Kyu Dong and Mr. Jung Sunwoo. One guy likes her but she likes the latter one. However, he does not like her but he is her fake boyfriend/fiancé. It was all too complicated. Her life resembled a jigsaw puzzle right now.

She wanted to avoid both of them at all costs. She did not know how to face Kyudong or how to behave around him. Ignoring is easy, if you have nothing to do with a person. But if a person likes you, what should one do? She has never been confessed to, but he was still a friend per say.

On the other hand, facing Sunwoo meant going through hurt all over again.  It was also mean an end for them which she wanted to stall. But it had to be done. No delay. No drama.

It was not as bad as she expected, everyone was busy with their own thing. She was just a surprise routine after 3 days of leave for which she got an earful from their home room teacher.

Eunha and Seyi badgered her for not returning their calls and texts. She was filled with all that transpired in a span of three days.

“Nana, why were you absent? Why don't you answer our calls? We were so worried."

"Nothing."

“Sunwoo told us that you were sick. Feel alright now?"

Wow. He covered up for her. Smooth, sly liar.

 

Everything was fine during school but she got occasionally weird looks here and there. Nothing new to her. During lunch, Eunha gave all the gossip that she could with breaks of stuffing food into occasionally.

"That Soori has been giving weird looks to Seolchan all week. She is up to something. Be careful Seyi, I'm telling you I don't trust her."

Seyi just smiled sweetly and listened to her without replying much.

School was pretty much back to normal. Both the boys refrained from bothering her and kept to themselves. Sunwoo was back to his own seat and avoided talking to her just like before. Kyudong avoided complete eye contact from her. None of them contacted in the past few days and gave her space to think.

She was grateful at the same time she was furious at them. They gave  a bit too much space. An apology from the two guys who complicated her already complex life was expected. Boys are such jerks. They say what they want, do what they want and don't even know to say sorry. She swore that she will never talk to them. Ever again.

Sunwoo had been regularly calling or texting her, she got so used to it that now it makes her feel sort of empty. But talking to him would mean that she would have to end everything between them and the thought of it frightened her. She still deserved a sorry and she would stick to that argument.

She was tuned out of the conversion but was brought back at Eunha comment.

" Sunwoo and Kyudong gave each other such cold looks yesterday."

"Yes. Your right. It looked as if Sunwoo would punch Kyudong if not for DoNam being there."

"What? When did this happen?", Nana questioned.

"Yesterday. During P.E., the boys were at it during the game. Sunwoo vs DoNam and Kyudong. Things would have gotten worse if Seolchan didn't drag Sunwoo away. Do you know anything Nana?"

"No." Nana stiffened in her seat.

"Seolchan definitely knew something but wouldn't tell us. He didn't even come to lunch with us today. None of the boys did. I think it has something to do with you."

" Why me? "

"Maybe the boys want to hide something about Sunwoo so that you wouldn't know."

She just sighed because deep down she knew the reason for the chaos. Her.

God, when did she start getting so much attention from boys to fight over her? She was officially now a queen of controversy.

"Now, that you think about it, you two haven't even a word to each other today. Did you two have a fight?"

Yes. "No."

Why were they so nosy? " We are trying to keep a low profile in school." Why was she even giving explanations to them? Not needed.

"Ohh. Celeb couple?"

 Yeah right.

Fortunately, the topic was dropped when the bell rung and she quickly dashed to class. She had to end this quickly, things were getting out of hand.

 

During second half of school, all that she could think was about the news Eunha provided her. Sunwoo's reaction was rather unexpected.That day, he did not give a damn about Kyudong and behind her back, he has cold wars in school. This guy was way too complicated.

Where was the rational and straightforward crush of hers?

She warned herself before getting her hopes up. Can they still work things out?

She caught herself smiling but stopped herself. All she had for the past few days was cry and thought of no solution to rectify their blunder. She decided that she would talk to him and get answers. He was the smarter one amongst the two of them. He should have better solutions. She decided to be rational than be sentimental as it was a better way.

 

They were in English and we're learning about quoted written by Pablo Neruda. His quotes described the fantasies and depth of true love.

She wondered if love can be felt that deep and give you that much happiness. All she got until now was just hurt, but she was still young to know that kind of love.However, she knew the feeling of loving someone, deep or not, young or mature.

Love in the end was just love.

She hoped to confront Sunwoo after school but panicked at the last moment and ran to the washroom to calm herself down. She returned to class only to find that he already left. She was disappointed to see that he had no intention of speaking with her.

She was pleasantly surprised to find him waiting for her outside the school gate.

" Long time no see." He greeted her.

" We need to talk. Would you like to come with me or do you still need more time?"

" No. Let's talk."

Nana just got teasing looks from Eunha and Seyi when Sunwoo lead her with him.

It was a quite walk till they stopped to get something to eat. They just ate quietly with a few choice of words, she knew he was waiting to get the momentum going.

 

" Have you cooled off enough for us to finally talk?" He started and just nodded on approval.

" Before you say anything, I want to say sorry."

She was surprised and happy to hear an apology. She couldn't remember a time when he may have apologised to somebody. That was a pleasant start to the conversation.

"Let's go to a more private place. It's getting dark."

 She sat on a secluded bench on the park, away from everyone's vision. Even if they started argui

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter