The Disclosure

You chose me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Every end leads to a new beginning, or so it is said. Jung SunWoo, the famous cool-headed Class-President strongly wanted to believe in these wordings. However, he can't help but refute the proclamation because; for him it was still a road with a dead end.

But the other Color Bar members would strongly disagree that their entire world has turned upside down for the better. For them, it has been all about finding their place in this world; their school and amongst their peers.

After the All for One VS Color Bar battle, the response for Color Bar members has been overwhelming, they have become much more wanted. However, the members know that all of this is just a facade-the invitations for hangouts, parties or even normal conversations is just due to their increased popularity.

Some of them are still carrying the notion, that whatever good is happening to them is because of their favourite star SeolChan. Maybe, it was true, who cares?

KyuDong and Do Nam have rekindled their friendship, and are a stronger duo than they could ever be. EunHa has discovered her talent in writing as well as an interest in Social Justice, and may be considering journalism as a possible career prospect.

As for SeolChan and Seyi, they seemed to be bonding more than ever one would suspect. They been out on a few dates; sometimes group dates so as to avoid the prying eyes of reporters and tabloids.

Though, their relation with the All for One has been cordial so far, SunWoo made it clear that he had no plans to go back or join their practice sessions.

Sun Woo pretty much went back to his normal schedule, being school, then academy and then home. Sometimes- precisely five visits to the basement were the only times he met with his friends after school.

The reasons seemed so obvious that even his friends’ dint bother to question his absence. Even SeolChan for whatever odd reasons refrained from rubbing his new relationship on his face; despite his known immaturity. Maybe, he wanted to be a better person and respected SunWoo’s long term feelings in the name of their old friendship.

His long term feelings was the dead end that SunWoo believes he has reached because he has come back to square one with his one sided love for Seyi.

He still remembers the day that he told Nana that he would try to be childish till his feelings let go off him. But it was easier said than done; because being childish meant that it would reveal his innermost feelings of anguish and hurt and he was still not ready for that.

He was still a person that was considered cold who never let anybody see his true self and that included his friends, frenemy and his first love as well.

 Everyone knew that behind the cold exterior; there was a kind young man who was well mannered, dependable and talented. However, beneath that image there was young man with pent up aggression, hurt, a broken heart, still unknown dreams and who was kind of a jerk. None of them knew him so with the exception of one, Kim Nana.

Speaking of Kim Nana, he hasn’t had a face to face conversation with her since their last hangout (date), though they had exchanged a few words on their battle with All for One. Even though they have been in the same class, she completely ignored him at school and not once has been there during his visits to the basement.

He clearly remembers EunHa saying Nana meets them almost every time and responds well to them, she even gets along well with DoNam and KyuDong now .EunHa even insisted that the only times she was absent was when he was there with them, hence the question, “Is something going on between you and Nana?”

Bottom line was that she ignored him at all costs and he hasn’t had a proper opportunity to thank her for the jacket that she left him, expect for that one day. Funnily her behaviour bothered him a lot because earlier she was the one that always asked to meet up.

Six weeks were indeed a very long time; and he really wanted to know her reason. She must have found him really pathetic, sulking at his loss when he sang her the song or when he last saw her alone; the crux was that he needed answers.

The other thing that has been bothering him a lot was the health of his grandmother; he has been having the gut feeling that his mother sincerely wanted to tell him something this morning and that feeling kept him uneasy the whole day during classes.

SunWoo wanted to get-over with this uneasiness and if that meant he had to be around Seyi to meet his band mates, then so be it. This would also let him clear all the misunderstandings with Kim Nana, he was ready for it even if it meant skipping the academy today.

 

Their tiring and classes had just ended with almost everyone leaving class and SunWoo was putting away his belongings into his bag when he heard a familiar voice ringing on his ears.

“Hey, SunWoo! We are going to the basement to meet Ajhussi? It’s been long since you joined us or even meet Ajhussi.”, asked KyuDong in his timid voice but somehow he seemed more confident in his approach. Even DoNam, EunHa, Seolchan and Seyi looked at him with hopeful looks.

“Even Nana is coming along with us today, she is meeting with us at the school gate”, Eunha purposefully pitched in.

 Unknown to them, he was already planning on tagging along with them because his answer was meet with bright smiles that he had ever seen in a while. ”Sure”, he replied with a warm smile.

Nothing was spoken further as he joined them and they engaged in normal conversations as Seyi described how good it was to have him together with them and how much he was missed. All of them agreed with exception of Seolchan who muttered, “It wasn’t that bad without him” which was meet with a hard nudge on his chest from Seyi.

SunWoo just ignored him and the painful tug in his chest; he listened to their conversations without speaking much because there was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter