Eight (Unedit)

My Butterfly

Busan-

The trace of fresh cutting grass still linger the two storey house she live in. Yesterday her brother and her best friend join hands to mow the yard from the stubborn grass. Dara found herself smiling into the empty yard. She recalled on what happen yesterday. Cheondung and Teayang had place the bet on another game. This time, as ridiculous as it sound, both adult men fighting on who can clear the yard faster. To win the one hundred dollars, they both play dirty on each other. Dara being thankful to them everyday for keeping her entertain and make her forget for awhile on her problem. She knew better, they both acting like nothing happen just to make her smile. Her tiny hands pick green hose lying beside the garden she began to took interest in growing flower. Ask around, the first thing people know about her is she not belong to the green thumb team. She like flower, but growing them never will be her fortune. On her stay in Busan, she learn the hard way to become successful gardener. She give up on gardening as she give up on her conformable lifestyle in Seoul. The first batch of her flower she bought from local farmer die. Along that her hope to survive dim a little. Never ending support from she brother and Taeyang, Dara now successfully keeping the flowers alive for two weeks. The longest she ever been. "I should be proud of myself," said Dara while watering the flower. Her wish they will grow and bloom even when she wasn't around. For the life she carried, flower please be beautiful and greet her with happiness. Her right hands creasing her visible baby bump. She just knew the gender of the baby on her regular visit to local doctor. The baby is a girl. For Dara, it's dosent matter. Her first priority is to provide her baby girl the healthy and her safety. 

"Omma can't wait to see you my baby," Dara talk to her baby girl and smiling. She now entering her second trimester, other things she notice is the movement inside her belly. Even it was short, that enough to make her happy. She also experience the night craving. Last time she carved for marinated crab that sold near Busan port. Her demand replied with the groan from her brother. It was two in the dawn but Dara couldn't help to drooling over something her baby want. Taeyang scarified himself and go to the location without much talking. Hours later, he come back with crab marinated the owner personally packed. Taeyang told her that his knock the owner house just to get the food Dara craved. Lucky, the owner and Dara known each other for a long time. She used to be regular customer whenever Dara going home to her hometown. Dara make a mental note to paid the owner a visit.

"Nooonaaaa~"

Cheondung run towards Dara. Carefully, he come into  Dara's open amrs. Cheondung hugging his sister before going down on his knee. His slowly rubbing his noona stomach. He used to be awkward when Dara told him to talk to her baby. After doing it oftenly, Cheondung always taking chances to talk to his niece. Like Dara said, bonding with family. 

"Hello baby girl, how are doing today. Uncle just come from fishing, later uncle will cook the yummiest fish you will ever taste" Cheondung talk to his niece in high pitched tone.

He then get up  and meet with his smiling eyed sister. Dara were carried the baby for five month now. Two more month before the official date Dara were supposed to went for early labor through Caesarean section, surgical procedure operation with fifty fifty chances the mother and the baby will survive. While carried another life, his sister also suffer a disease which is commonly occur while pregnant.   cancer. He was there, on the ajar open door, the day Dara, ParkBom dan himself gone to hospital after Dara telling them she feeling unwell. While waiting, Cheondung ask permission from Park bom to attend the nature call and in right moment he walked passing room where Dara was in. His curiosity got the best of hem when his eavesdropping the conversation. Imagine his shock when doctor dropping Dara with two big news. Maybe there's reasons why Dara wouldn't allowed anybody to follow her went inside that room. She knew she was pregnant but she was just as surprise as Cheondung with another news. Being told by doctors her sister and himself meets to undergo the operation, Dara still firm with her decision to delivery the baby normally. Cheondung know how her sister act. She rather suffer alone than to see people her love hurt. Dara was the one who protect him and his family when his bastard father not around  Dara step in to become the head family and support them financially and emotionally.

A person stood not far from the sibling. Teayang watch the people his grow to adore hugging each other for second time. His so lucky to share this bond with them. There is undeniable fact that Dara slowly losing herself. She getting thinner even after she appetite grow few days ago. Taeyang hoping Dara will gain some fat from her baby carving. Before that, even with force Dara can't eat food that were prepared for her. She eat just enough to survive. She will crying. She said it wasn't in her power. She lose energy and motivation to move on. Day by day, Taeyang watching her suffer the effect of the cancer while Dara trying to safe her baby. Taeyang remember that night when Dara asking about crab marinated. He run outside to get in his car and fulfilled the carving. He didn't utter a word about the nonsense demand because his was happy. His heard a lot about women carving during pregnancy. But it was different with Dara. Taeyang and Cheondung will ask her what she want to eat or what she craving for. The answer will always be 'nothing'. To heard Dara wanting to eat marinated crab putting away his worried. Taeyang didn't care about the time and how far the restaurant, he just care to help Dara gain her confident to fight the cancer and survive this cruel fate with her daughter. That truly what his hoping for.
 

" Youngbae-ya... what are doing looking at us like that" ask Dara. The stare she giving were death. There no sparkling alive in her eyes. Her white skin getting paler each day passed. Her cheekbone poking out, looking more like skeleton with skin and some meat attach. 

"Ah... nothing," said Taeyang while his left hand starch the back of his head. "Noona, look what we bought,".  His raise the other hand showing a fish Cheondung and him catch when they gone fishing. Taeyang don't have any idea what the fish called.

Dara tear away the sight of the fish and looking on both men who help her hiding in Busan for past months. Without them both, maybe now Dara and her unborn baby won't survive. Even with them, Dara won't make them get same pain she gone through. Only her alone, it's enough. Dara pat Cheondung shoulder. Her brother stop talking with Teayang. Conversation she didn't paid attention to. 

"Please stop whatever you do, Cheondung-ya. Don't pull another 'ginseng' accident again. Cheondung, you the only man in our family. You the one mother and Darumi will look up to when I'm gone. This baby also need a father figure. I can't afford to lose you Cheondung."

Cheondung hug his sister tightly. "Noona, why say such a thing. No, I will save both of you. So please stop talking about this nonsense.". Cheondung hit off his limit, his can't act anymore. His can't going on everyday pretend everything going to be alright. In his sister embrace, tear falling from his eyes. "You and the baby will survive, noona. You will survive,"

Dara let out a sigh. Heavy with all her doubt that one day she will survive from this painful fate. She close her eyes, inhale the warmth breath.  Dear god fulfil my only pray, till then, allowed me to see my baby girl before you take my life.