Late night Talk

The monster inside Me ***(HIATUS)***

"You smell like rotting homeless men young Yeol" his grandma stated as the boy returned home late that night "where have you be'n?" Chanyeol knew he couldn't lie to his grandma, she was always great at catching a lie between a truth and if anyone lied to her there were deep consequences. Getting up the courage to answer his grandma's question Chanyeol stammered "I.. I've been... there were men and the gir... the girl.... they tried to hurt her and I.... I intervened."


The look, and smell, of slight terror that Chanyeol's grandmother could sense and see on the young boy, who still had parts of his past transformation still evidently showing, was enough to inform her of what he was fearing. "Are y'ah afraid of be'ng punished?" She questioned, squinting her eyes at the tall grandchild standing in the hallway of the house quizzically. Again Chanyeol couldn't lie, "ye....s." Chanyeol had never been punished by his grandma before, unless you count the time he was sent into time out for eating the dead canary that had been wasting away in his late grandfathers room, but he had seen her punish his parents and cousins before, needless to say.... he'd never expected she could be so harsh, and occasionally cruel, whenever he saw her punishing someone and it always surprised, and frightened, him.


"Ah m'ahy boy" she spoke, shuffling to him and encasing him in a tight hug "you didn't lie and you did a good thing" she pointed out "you saved that girl you like and killed men who deserve to be wiped from this world, you did a good thing." The young werewolf was glad to hear that he'd done a good deed and ease the stiffness in his body as he felt the caring arms of his elder wrap around him, he was also relieved to know that he wouldn't be punished for his doings earlier that night in the alleyway. "Mah good boy, you've grown so much and you haven't even reached the age of right-hood yet, when that day comes I know you'll be one of the greatest and grandest of this pack and you'll lead on to do many great things just like you were born to do, from the very first scent I got of you I knew you were a good pup and would be a great sign for us, you are proving so already and I'm proud" his grandma chanted she tightened her grip on her favorite grandchild before releasing him from her arms and looked up at his bright, handsome face with that toothless smile of hers. Chanyeol always smiled back whenever he saw his grandparent in the wonderful state of happiness like she was in now but his smile slowly faded away as hers did the same. "Park Chanyeol, you will choose that girl won't you when the passage for right-hood comes for you won't you?" she asked, Chanyeol was stricken at the thought and he couldn't answer, his grandma could sense this and went on speaking "just remember, the passage of right-hood requires you to....you know" she said with a sweeping motions of her hands "you must choose someone you wan' for the rest of ya'r life and if you choose her keep in mind you'll have to restrain ya'self from breaking her too harshly during the end of the passage because she ain' one of us so she can't deal with our strength like another wolf could and she'll be scared because she won't know what's going on.... choose wisely but I know you will so I don't need to tell you that over again like I've had to with the others and keep an eye on her, if she's the one, she can't have anyone else touch her before then otherwise you'll have to choose another."


His grandmother's words rang through his ears as they were spoken and Chanyeol could only think of what was being said with a stoic expression on his face. "the passage of right-hood" he thought "I've forgotten all about it." Lowering his head as the hallway fell silent, this was the way to notify each other of the others end to the talk, "have a good night child. Sleep well and get plenty of rest for school tomorrow. Remember, if she's the one, keep an eye on her." those were the last words spoken that night before they parted their ways into different rooms but despite his grandmothers words to get some rest, Chanyeol couldn't so he stayed up that night thinking of the passage of right-hood, and of you, he didn't want you to have to go through what you'd have to if he chose you but he wanted you, he'd chosen you from the very second he caught your scent for the very first time when you arrived at his school after moving to Korea, "what shall I do?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter might not make much sense but I'll try to clear whatever doesn't make sense up in the next chapter or the  chapter after that.

~Savie