Alleyway Shift

The monster inside Me ***(HIATUS)***

 

Every human that came into Chanyeol's sight was assumed to be a predator until his senses confirmed otherwise, there had only been two other people on the streets that had walked past you and him at this time of night as you took your leisurely stroll but he didn't want to take any chances on expecting them to be harmless. As you continually took back alleyways to get to town his senses picked up more and more human's scents and he became more paranoid that something could happen, "I won't let anything happen to y/n. If anyone or anything tries to harm her, they'll have to deal with me."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


One alleyway sent chills down Chanyeol's spine, a sense... and one that wasn't good, the chills were so deep he could feel himself actually shivering from them. Chanyeol wanted to run up to you and grab your arm, preventing you from walking into the alleyway you were both facing and heading towards but held back, "If I grab her she'll think I'm trying to harm her or kidnap her, I must stay away unless something actually happens." He still couldn't ignore the sense that was pulsing through his body, a sense that was warning him that trouble was ahead, he swore if his senses could speak to him this sense would be saying "turn back, don't go any further, don't go down that alleyway, just turn back now." With each step that he took towards that alleyway to keep you in his sights the sense would go so far into overdrive that he could barely contain his natural form, he could feel his teeth sharping, his palms hardening and shaping into the form of the monster he really was, his legs and arms growing longer, more muscular, and the bones within them snapping, settling themselves in a way that no normal person could ever live with.


Chanyeol noticed the change in his eyesight, the way he could enhance his vision so that it seemed as though he was right besides you instead of twenty or thirty feet behind you and the way every little motion could catch his eye... no human would ever be able to see half of the motions he could now. His sense of smell and the way he carried himself.. as if he was floating, strutting, prancing around like a proud deer, without giving it a single thought, without even having to try, as if it came natural for him to walk this way, the way his arms swung by his sides as he took each step and the way his back arched forward menacingly, his spine caving in and out as it shifted.... he noticed every single change as he got closer, closer, so close to the alleyway that there were only a few steps left before he was actually in it.

 

The only thing keeping Chanyeol from completing his true form was the thought of you, or anyone else, freaking out if they noticed a monster, a wolf, the size of a large bear on steroids following you, the change wasn't painful like most humans portrayed it to be in movies... at least not once you got used to it but still.....


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


You were near the middle of the alleyway when Chanyeol knew why his senses had appeared and he'd changed, a large group of drunk, homeless men were sitting around a small garbage can that contained a fire within it to keep them all warm, one man in the group, facing you, was wiping his mouth with the sleeve of his tattered jacket, he seemed to be the least drunk of the group, but his eyes were on you, unlike all the others he'd noticed you and was eying you up from head to toe repeatedly as he watched you approaching them as he wiped his mouth. "Ey, little lady,
where do you think you're going? come to join the party huh?"


As the man stood up and spoke to you Chanyeol stopped dead in his tracks, he watched carefully as the man spread his arms wide open as if he was going to give you a large bear hug and began walking towards you, "why don't you come sit next to me and warm yourself by the fire? we got plenty of room for ya to sit with us." "Don't do it y/n. Just ignore them and keep walking" Chanyeol chanted in his head,he knew what the man was really planning to do with you, hoping you were going to do exactly that. "No thanks, I have somewhere I need to be" you lied as you started walking faster hoping you could evade the group of drunk men but especially the one who was approaching you, "ah come on, we're a friendly bunch of people, we won't harm ya. Come on, just come an' sit with us for a little while."


The man was nearly upon you when you started to run, unfortunately the man had noticed what your intentions were before you had even started so he had begun running after you, just barely missing grasping the back of your shirt as you ran past him, "Oh come on now, don't be that way, we just want some company" the man laughed as he ran after you, catching up to you quickly. Within seconds the man grabbed you from behind, cupping his hand around your mouth so no one could hear you scream, "fine if you're going to be that way, we might as well just move on to our actual intentions for you, you little ."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 As he saw the man drag you backwards a couple feet before throwing you to the ground, having his drunk friends pin you to the floor Chanyeol knew this was the time to spring into action, "Don't worry y/n, I'm going to save you."