The Marvish's

The monster inside Me ***(HIATUS)***

Your scent drove Chanyeol's senses insane, as you sat across the lunch table from him during lunch and walked through the hallways of the school to your classes all he could think about was how satisfying it would be if he could just attack you on the spot and devour you whole. Every time the bells rang, signalling that a class was over, he'd rush to the halls to catch your scent and hope he'd be lucky enough to spot you roaming around, trying to dodge your way through the crowded hallways.


By the time school had ended for the day and he was walking home Chanyeol wished that he could carry a bottle of your scent around with him to smell when he liked, "To hell with that! a jacket, a shoe, a strand of her hair, anything would be wonderful to have in my possession that contained her scent". To him your scent was the most magnificent, wondrous, intoxicating thing in the world, he'd do anything to have it, to smell it none stop for the rest of his monstrous life, at this point Chanyeol would even go to the extreme of kidnapping you to have you, "no, lay low, contain your demon Chanyeol. If anything were to happen and the Marvish's saw you and your family then we'd all be in huge trouble and we can't afford that right now."


Thinking of the Marvish's immediately took Chanyeol's mind off of you as he walked aimlessly through Seoul, in no hurry to get home, not minding when a car would beep it's horn at him or slam on its brakes as we walked across the busy street even when oncoming traffic was racing towards him. Chanyeol hated the Marvish's! Thinking about them made his eyes glow inhumanly bright, a power that he had as a monster.... but his power was more special- his eyes could change any color (depending on his mood) instead of just one color like all the others.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Marvish's were what the clan had come to call the group of people who hunt down 'people' of their type. Back in the 1500s the Mardarin's had nothing to fear until a sudden, mysterious clan of people appeared who had formed an interest in finding monsters and demons that they'd heard about in legends and horror stories but they'd never planned on finding 'monsters' such as the type Chanyeol is. 


The stories that Chanyeol's grandma used to tell him when he was younger were about the Marvish's and he remembered all of them well. One story in particular always stayed fresh in Chanyeol's mind. His grandma would tell him about how the first group of Marvish's had seen a beautiful girl wondering around, deep in a forest, alone, being instantly captivated by her beauty the group of 'legend hunters' followed her until they had been led to a secret campground filled with people just as beautiful as her. "They couldn't believe the sight before their eyes" his grandma would speak "men, women, and children are huddled in a large half circle. The Marvish's were astonished and wanted to know what was going on so they hid behind fallen tress and bushes to observe the mysterious people of the forest."


Thinking of his grandma's voice and how she'd tell him the stories, the way her voice would change while telling the story to make it more intense for him made him smile as he continued to remember the story.


"There was a huge bonfire surrounding the middle of the half circle, and like the Indians of the America's, a large group of the forest people were dancing to wild beats and hollering into the night in a tongue that the Marvish's couldn't understand. The longer they stayed to observe, the more suspicious they became of the beautiful forest people and their unnative tongue hollering and prancing and just moments before they were going to leave, they found out why" His grandma would lean in closer at this moment in the story and stare deep into Chanyeol's eyes, smelling the deep interest, fascination, and fear that the young boy's scent gave off, "the Marvish's noticed the beautiful woman from before but she had changed! As she walked into the middle of the circle, her feet had become that of a wolves and her hair blew wildly in nonexistent wind before she stopped walking. The Marvish's looked up her appearance from toe to head as she stood like a statue in the middle of the half circle, looking straight towards their hiding places. They noticed her eyes were a beautiful, bright blue, too bright to be that of a human and no human ever had legs of a wolf before."


His grandma would stop to smoke from a pipe that she had told Chanyeol she had brought home from the Americas, the scent of cherry tobacco would fill the air and the pair, the elderly woman and the young boy child would sniff the air, filling their noses with the wonderful scent.


"Then, just before their eyes, the girl vanished!" pausing to take another 'pip at the pipe' as she'd say "before suddenly reappearing but in wolf form!" Chanyeol knew the next part all to well, he'd known  this whole story from the very beginning to end, but he still loved to his his grandma tell it, "The Marvish's became frightened for their lives and ran!" he yell out excitedly throwing his arms open before hugging his grandma lovingly as they both laughed. "yes they did. but child, they didn't run and stay away" the tone of voice of his beloved grandma's would change, becoming suddenly stiff and warning "theys came back but those times they hasd pitched forked an torches, swwoerds and k-nives" a strange accent would appear in his grandma's throat and the words she said word sound strange and frightening "they didn't come aback to watch and learn about our peoples. Theys camed back ta keell us even though we done them no harm."



Chanyeol had always hated the last part of the story and tried shaking it out of his head before he could hear his grandma's voice tell it, it had always given him nightmares as a young boy "they came a runnin into the camp ands a slaughtered as many ofs us as they could get thir hands on, they even tooks some of us back to town alive to warn of us innocent, harmless creatures to the people of the city and behgan a hunting partay. from then on, our people were in a war against the humans..... the Marvish's and since then, as long as we or thems lives, we always will be. That whar began our lust to kill humans and torture them my dear grandchild and until wes win or theys win, we will always have that lusts in us, them Marvish's made us the way we ares today."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stopping to look up at a sign posted above a small building, Chanyeol marched in and grabbed sodas to drink from the store he'd just found while he planned to continue walking around town. "I can't go home right now" he thought to himself as he vaguely heard the cashier tell him to have a good day "I need to clear my head first."


Chanyeol always avoided going home after thinking about the Marvish's, "I know were I'll go. I need to see her, to smell her again, just once more for today."