The Letter

The monster inside Me ***(HIATUS)***

Chanyeol wearily dragged his feet through the school grounds to the hallway of his first class, he was almost two hours early but some students arrived at the school at the same time as he did or even earlier to do study groups that would help get homework done in an environment that wasn't too distracting like their homes were so the school always allowed kids to arrive before any of the classes opened . Walking down the practically empty halls, Chanyeol wondered why anyone would want to be at school so early, besides him, even if other students had homework to do couldn't they just go over to a friends house or something and get the homework done then? The only reason why he would come so early was to be able to think clearly about things without having the trouble of any of his family bothering him to tell them what he was thinking about.


Once he got to where his class was, he dropped his backpack on the floor and turned around to slide down against the walls, he leaned his head back onto the wall and closed his eyes to see if he could get a couple minutes of sleep while he waited for the clock to hit 8:30, which is when classes would start, but as he was drifting off he caught the scent of a human approaching and opened his eyes to see who it was. "Hey Chanyeol, you're early as always" his first period teacher said as he got to the door of the classroom and fiddled around in his pockets to grab the keys "you look like you had a long night, would you like to come into the classroom and rest at your desk?" "Yes sir" Chanyeol replied, most teachers weren't as kind or caring about their students as Mr. Woo was. Once the door was pushed open, Mr. Woo motioned for Chanyeol to enter the classroom first, Chanyeol bowed down in respect for his teacher then proceeded to make his way into the classroom and to his desk, "I'll try not to disturb you, you look like you could use as much rest as possible before school starts but once it's time for today's session I expect you to be awake and paying attention" Mr. Woo warned "yes sir, I'll be awake" his student assured then rested his head in his hands and fell asleep at his desk.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The loud chattering of the arriving fellow class mates woke Chanyeol from his peacefully slumber in his desk, looking up to the clock he noticed that there was still a good half hour till class started. "Are you OK?" a soft voice asked from besides him, Chanyeol jumped at the voice of the recently unnoticed female, "oh yeah I'm fine" he replied, he looked up to see that the girl was holding an envelope towards him, "that's good to hear" she spoke "this is for you" she held out the envelope further out to him and waited until he hesitantly took it from her, "it's not from me but I can't tell you who it's really from so don't ask." Chanyeol watched in a confused daze as the girl twirled around and skipped out of the class, "what was that all about?" he wondered as he looked down at the lavender envelope in his hands, "that was weird, even for a human."


After he was sure that the girl, and anyone else was gone, Chanyeol used his special nose to sniff at the envelope without bringing it up to his face to see if there was a scent that could notify who the envelope was from, sure enough he caught a scent almost immediately but the unpleasant smell made him crinkle his nose in disgust an he thought about throwing the thing away without even opening it to see what was inside. What Chanyeol had smelled on the envelope was another wolf's scent, but one that was from a different clan... to be specific, it was from the clan that Chanyeol's family despised the most... "why would they send me an envelope?" he wanted to know "the only time any of the clans speak to one another is if there's something they need to trade or if there's a set of Marvish's around that they want to notify us about."


The curiosity that pulsed through the young werewolf's veins soon got the better of him and he tore at the envelope to retrieve what was inside, a letter. Unfolding the paper once he'd taken it out he read what the letter had to say with his full attention:

                    "You've become quite careless about keeping your identity from the humans hidden young master Yeol, if we were you we'd be more careful so that the Marvish's don't find out who you are and chase after you. Also, we've noticed your interest in that one school girl that recently arrived at the school and saw what you did to 'protect her', be careful young wolf, just remember that not everything, or everyone, is as they seem... that little human girl may seem shy and all and you may think that she won't go out of her way to figure something out that isn't her business but we know from experience that even the shyest of people can be controlled by their curiosity and do what you least expect. We also want to warn you to be cautious of your surrounds and the 'people' around you, INCLUDING THE GIRL, you might find out the hard way how easily it is to be fooled around with."

His eyebrows creased as he drop his hand holding the letter to his desk, "what are they talking about? I'm not being fooled with and I haven't been that careless, even if I am why would they care? It's not like I'm part of their clan or anything so it's none of their problem." He turned the paper around after lifting it back up again to see a small note written on the other side.

                        "We'll be visiting your family soon. Hope you remembered that there's a meeting for all the clans this Thursday. See you there... or maybe not."

He folded the paper back up and placed it back into the envelope before shoving it into his backpack, "I wonder what their problems are" he thought "the only people who're shoving their nose into business that isn't theirs is them so who are they to speak about such things!?"


The class began to fill with students as it reached the time for class to start and Chanyeol had to postpone thinking about which clan couldv'e sent him the letter, each clan had a significant smell to them that would sort them out from the others but the scent on the letter was too weak for Chanyeol to pick out which clan's scent it belonged to so he couldn't tell. "I'll show the letter to grandma and she'll be able to figure out who scent it" he imagined "then I can confront them about who's business they should be paying attention to or not."