e l e v e n

Silent Love

 

 

 

When the teacher announced her group, Hayoung couldn't help it but to smile. However, the smile didn't last long when she realized how uncomfortable Naeun would be, being in the same group as his ex-boyfriend - her group consisted of her, Sehun, Naeun, Jihyun and two other male classmates; Sungjin and Jaehoon. Naeun didn't say anything about it, though. It seemed like she was fine with everything and Hayoung didn't bother to ask her about anything. She didn't want to ruin the mood.

The six moved to the site which they would pitch their two tents; one for the girls and one the guys. The guys set it up in about twenty minutes and went helping the girls afterwards. The girls really had a hard time trying to pitch the tent by themselves. They were lucky that the guys were responsible enough to help them, considering they were in the same group.

Right after when everyone finished set their tent up, the teacher gathered them again. He divided the works for all of them. Some of them might be a bit relax for today but needed to work for tomorrow or the day after, and some of them needed to work for today and might be a bit relax for the next two days. Everyone however, would end up doing the same amount of works. The teachers already had the schedule for them.

There were two groups which would be in charge, this evening; in cooking and searching for firewood and the teams were Hayoung's and another all guys team. The other team agreed to go to the wood and searched for the firewood, right after the works dividing ended since they were having free time that afternoon, leaving Hayoung's team with the choice to cook. Naeun, since the beginning already decided that she would go washing all the vegetables and also the rice, together with Sungjin and Jaehoon. Then, it left Hayoung, Jihyun and Sehun to cook.

Hayoung wished Sehun could be a little help for her and Jihyun.

 

 

 

 

The afternoon went on so fast as they did nothing but only chatting among them. The teachers told them to rest for today and activities would start tomorrow. The guys who were in charge of searching for firewood already done that in two hours so they were having a leisure time right now. Hayoung and Jihyun walked out from their tent together and went to the cooking site. Naeun, Sungjin and Jaehoon already made their way to the nearest river, cleaning up the veggies.

Sehun came after about five minutes later, when Hayoung and Jihyun trying to light up the fire but failed miserably. Seeing that, he went to them and lit it up for them, left the girls in awe; he lit it up in two trials.

Fifteen minutes had been wasted waiting for Naeun and the guys. It made them wonder what took them so long to wash the rice. Just then, Jaehoon came bringing the rice in his right hand and some veggies in his left hand, saying Naeun and Sungjin were gutting and cleaning the fish.

Seeing that there wasn't much to do except cutting the veggies, Jihyun told Hayoung and Sehun that she would help Naeun and the guys at the river. Sehun could be a little help for Hayoung if she needed any. She was sure the guys at the river needed more help to gut the fish.

Jihyun leaving made the atmosphere awkward between the two. Hayoung sometimes eyed Sehun who did nothing but staring at her chopping the veggies. It bothered her,

So much.

"Oh Sehun, don't you think you need to help me?" maintaining her expression, she tried to sound as calm as possible. She was kinda disappointed that Sehun didn't help her at all - not as a girl who had a slight crush on him, but as a group member. Everyone was working hard for the dinner, yet the only thing he did was lighting up the fire.

"Nah, I don't know how to cook," he replied without any guilty feeling.

Hayoung looked at him with an unbelief look. His personality confused her; sometimes he acted nice and being a bit caring, but the other time he was a jerk, a cocky brat, a quiet guy who was so full of himself. She just didn't know anymore.

"I don't ask you to cook. I'm asking you to help me chopping these," Hayoung explained to her while pointing to the veggies on the table made from pure wood.

"I don't even know how to do that."

The unbelief look became more obvious and without she realized, a sigh escaped from her lips. What a spoiled jerk, she thought to herself.

"Instead of labeling me as a spoiled jerk, why not you tell me how to do it?" he got up from sitting on the ground, and went straight to Hayoung. "Saying that I'm a spoiled jerk won't help you finish anything," he said as he walked closer to her.

Hayoung on the other hand, was shocked. She never noticed she said it out loud when it was supposed to be on her mind only. That was her thought; Sehun wasn't supposed to hear it.

Do not be all sensitive just because you broke up with Naeun, it was just another thought.

Hayoung did as he requested, telling him how to chop the onion. It was kinda annoying because he didn't even knew how to chop horizontally, that at the end, she ended up showing him and cut almost half of the amount they needed.

The rest came when they almost cut all the veggies, with the fish that had been cleaned. Sungjin and Jaehoon went straight to their tent after putting the fish on the wood table. Well, at least they did more works than Oh Sehun who could do nothing. Naeun came to the table and asked Sehun for the knife in his hand. They looked normal in Hayoung's eyes, like they weren't fighting or anything. Then, why Naeun kept insisting her to sit beside Sehun on the bus earlier?

Hayoung eyed Naeun who was cutting the carrot; Naeun probably lied about the break up but, to think about it again, they might be broken up in a nicest way. Hayoung hissed at herself; why did it bother her so much - either they broke up or not, it was none of her business.

Hayoung was about to turned to her right as she felt a presence of someone when that someone whispered something in her ear.

"Naeun and me, we were never in a relationship in the very first place."

 

Maybe it was just another thought that was supposed to be on her mind, but accidentally escaped from her lips without her noticing it.

 


[091115] i'm updating a bit late. well, new semester just started so last week was a bit chaotic, lo but don't worry, this semester I won't be that busy and have a lot of time to update this!