Part 2

Avoiding April
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Credit: Night Breeze

 

Author’s note:

So you know how this fanfic was plagiarized? Well, the funny thing is, everything was pretty much copied word for word. Even my notes. Except that the plagiarist switched around some words here and there but I thought it was quite hilarious. Chapter requires edit and I am swearing so loud that my poster I requested a month ago still hasn’t finished yet. What does it take for me to get a proper poster, wtf!!!

By the way, I have decided to make this a rated M story so brace yourselves new readers. I promise, my M-rated stuff are done in a classy, non-gross kind of way. I will change it to M-rated when the time comes. 

 

Part 2

Taehyung and Jimin walked into their company’s building with a burst of energy. Their stout, friendly looking boss lifted his head from his computer screen at the loud sound of his boys strutting themselves into his office. He fixed his glasses and narrowed his eyes, knowing what was to come.

“Bang-PD!” Taehyung exclaimed with a forced looking smile on his face. “What is this I saw on the news? Did you cast me in a project you never told me about?”

Bang-PD smiled. He knew Taehyung well enough to know that he would be waltzing into his office with his questionable happy virus.

“Yeah, I was about to tell you,” he replied.

“Bang-PD, I just love surprises,” Taehyung said with a tilt of his head and a goofy grin.

“I know you do, that’s why it was decided prior to your approval,” he answered.

Taehyung sighed loudly and slumped down on the couch in the middle of the room. “So what is it this time boss?”

“It’s actually a good one,” Bang-PD answered as Jimin leaned back against the wall, observing the conversation. “It’s a pilot project for a new reality show and it’s going to be fun. Since it’s just starting, the whole nation would be watching with curiosity. It will amplify our marketing strategy.”

“You said that the last time I had to go to that global variety show where I have to eat weird foods from all over the world,” Taehyung responded with a bit of a choke in his voice. He recalled the experience in his mind and the thought made him nauseated. Jimin chuckled.

“That one was fun,” Jimin said with a loud laughter.

“Shush Jimin,” Taehyung said with a secret glare at him. He then turned to Bang PD with a smile. “So tell me what this is about?”

“It’s quite like We Got Married.”

“The show that was so scripted it flunked so bad?”

Bang-PD chuckled. “Yeah well the format is quite similar. You get to be paired up with a new ‘wife’ so to speak. Virtually. The setting will be scripted but your conversations won’t.”

“It’s like forcing someone to like a stranger.”

“Well, in this case, your ‘wife’ will be decided through a future reading.”

“What?” Taehyung gave his boss a really disgusted confused look.

“We have a few potential candidates lined up and a match-maker, well, in this case it’s more of a fortune teller, will decide on who you will be paired up with.”

“You’re saying you are letting my fate be decided on a group of fake fortune tellers?” Taehyung rolled his eyes in disbelief. “Come on boss, I thought you know better than that.”

“Think of it as fate, I suppose,” Bang-PD said with an amused smile. “The format will be quite different. You won’t know who your wife will be, but your wife will know who you are. The great thing about this is that you won’t actually marry her yet, or you won’t be husband and wife until you confess.”

“Confess…?”

“In the period of three months, you and her will go on dates and present yourselves as a couple. If you like her at the end of this testing period, you confess and marry her. If you don’t well, that’s the ending.”

Taehyung looked at Bang-PD with an incredulous expression on his face. “Are people actually going to buy that? What is this? Some kind of joke?” he chuckled to himself. “Everyone knows it’s going to be scripted and stuff so what’s the point? And how on earth do you expect someone to have feelings and get married in three months? That’s just ridiculous. They’re never gonna buy it.”

“Well on the contrary, only the setting and tasks presented will be scripted. All of your conversations and actions will be completely spontaneous and real, which is going to be quite a dangerous task.”

“So does this mean he has to watch out what he says?” Jimin asked with such an amused expression, like he couldn’t contain his laughter. Taehyung only rolled his eyes.

“Well pretty much,” their boss confirmed.

“That would be extra work for you Taehyung,” Jimin murmured to himself.

Taehyung didn’t respond. His face was serious and the quietness meant he was thinking deeply. He finally looked up at his boss. “So I’m not allowed to have a say in this?”

Bang-PD pursed his lips and just gave him a look. Taehyung only nodded in disbelief and stood up from the couch. “So I guess it’s time to brush up my acting skills, as if I had any to begin with.” With that, Taehyung stormed off out of the office, leaving Jimin and Bang-PD in silence.

“We need to rectify his image,” Bang-PD muttered as he walked towards his desk. He sat down and crossed his arms. “We’ve been getting bad publicity ever since he pulled that stunt with Krystal. All the dating rumors won’t stop. At least with this, we can pause it for a while. Shift the focus on something else.”

“So you think with this new marriage reality series thing, he would be able to redeem himself?” Jimin asked in curiosity. “Won’t it be the complete opposite?”

“We’re getting less and less offers for Taehyung since that happened,” Bang-PD sighed then he turned to Jimin. “But you on the other hand, are getting even more offers.”

Jimin’s eyebrows twitched. “Oh?”

“Some few dramas and CFs are coming your way,” he said with a satisfied smile. “You’re doing well with yourself.”

Jimin just gave a small shrug as if it was the least of his worries. He thanked his boss and was about to leave but just as he opened the door, he halted. Jimin turned to his boss and gave him a wondering look. “Just curious,” he said. “Only Taehyung doesn’t know who the candidates are right?”

Bang-PD nodded in response.

“Then can I make a suggestion?”

Jimin’s boss looked at him curiously. His eyes were vigilant as soon as Jimin asked that question. “What do you have in mind?”

Jimin smiled and gave a small chuckle. “I propose another candidate.”

---

April stared at the picture of the man she knew when she was young. His slanted intense eyes stared back at her. She felt a shiver run down her spine from the sudden realization.

“So the audition is tomorrow. You have to go. Make sure you go okay?”

April snapped back to reality at the sound of Mr. Kim’s voice. She was still fazed, stunned by what she saw. “What?”

“Since you’re one of the candidates to be on the show, they just need to meet you. You know, to see how variety fit you are.”

April felt a knot in as she tried to dissect Mr. Kim’s words. “Wait, so you’re saying I don’t have it yet?”

“Well no, but this is like the final cut! You’re so close to getting a spot April!”

“I need to sit down.”

April’s knees were weak. She slumped down the seat next to her, still shocked by the news. She stared back at the picture as Mr. Kim continued to talk to her but she couldn’t hear anything. Kim Taehyung stared back at her, his intense deep dark eyes penetrating into her. He changed quite a bit. He looked more handsome, strangely ethereal. His hair was dyed almost a platinum blond and was styled to the side, showing his forehead and thick dyed eyebrows. April could still see the mole on his nose. He always felt insecure about that mole. April slightly chuckled, remembering how Taehyung would try to pick at it because he thought it was dirt stuck on his nose.

“… Are you listening?”

April snapped back to reality and looked up at Mr. Kim. “Huh?”

“Were you that entranced with that boy that you didn’t even bother to listen to your manager?”

“No, no, of course not,” April stammered and closed the yellow folder. She her lips and beamed up at him. “So when is the audition again?”

Mr. Kim just cocked his head to the side and frowned in confusion. “Is something wrong April?”

April just shook her head and finally gave a smile. “No it’s nothing. This is great. I’ll audition tomorrow.” With a long lost look, April started to walk out of her office in such a daze. Mr. Kim frowned.

“Wait, April,” he said. April stopped in her tracks and looked back at her manager. “Just letting you know, this audition will be different.”

“How so?”

“You’re not really auditioning to act,” Mr. Kim answered. “It’s more that you will be tested.”

“Tested? On what?”

“On how you match well with your future husband.”

April gave a frown and a confusion. “Alright,” she said and walked off the office with the thought lingering in her mind. What did her manager meant by that?  

---

April looked up at the large sign called ‘BigHit Entertainment’ and felt her heart pounding like crazy. She swallowed but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter